“Paradise on Earth”

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

DCMelissa
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Paradise on Earth”
Reviewed August 29, 2014 for a stay in August 2014

After a hectic year, I was looking for a vacation destination where I could anchor myself and revive all of my senses. Thanks to the passion and generosity of Alina Pinelli and her family, the Brunello villa and the Il Fontanaro estate exceeded all of my expectations. It was frankly scary to submit to a rustic setting of only 1,000 people after living at full speed in Washington, D.C. It took about 2 days to wear down my urban zeal and unwind, letting go of the frenetic need to do a thousand things and check my email every other minute. Between the stunning vistas of golden green farms and vineyards that surrounded our villa and the soothing breezes that followed us throughout the day, my senses craved nothing more than to taste and smell everything around us. Brunello is stocked with every luxury and convenience you could need in a home while the views beckon you to adventure and discover. Alina also made sure that our every need was met checking in frequently and offering invaluable recommendations that ensured every day, visit and experience was better than the next. Once I tasted the olive oil, wine and vegetables from Alina and her mother, Lucia's, garden I realized I've been utterly lost in a culinary wasteland. Nothing will ever taste as good as it does with a drizzle of Il Fontanaro's divine organic creation. Be sure to take Alina and Lucia's cooking class to experience the utmost olivian feast. I've never felt so alive and at peace or as one with nature as I have this past week. I've found my fountain of youth and no doubt a year will not pass without a pilgrimmage to Il Fontanaro.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: Exceeded expectations
Traveling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing