1,424 results
All reviews privilege room sauna and steam room separate building local pub evening meal lovely hotel wedding reception lovely setting leisure facilities function room wedding venue relaxing break decent size sunday morning buffet style waiting staff royal oak
Reviewed November 4, 2018 via mobile

To start with, I was checked in by Jane on reception and must I say I have used wet flannels with more life and enthusiasm than she had. She made me and my husband feel very unwelcome due to the lack of interest she had while checking us in. When given our key card there was scribbles on there from a previous crossed out room.

The bar service was very slow, hardly any space to sit down & this is an apparent ‘4 star’ hotel. I’ve stayed in 2 star hotels which are better than this.

Overall, I would not stay here again due to the very little organisation this hotel has.

I never use trip advisor but I feel like I had to write an honest review about this hotel to warn future customers of what they’re getting themselves into!! If only I looked at trip advisor before coming.

Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank Quest35796325930
Reviewed November 4, 2018 via mobile

We booked direct from the website expecting to stay in a lovely country house. Sadly, we were allocated a room in what they termed the courtyard which was a more prosaic affair akin to a prison block - see photo.

The room was spacious but decidedly shabby and gloomy, with a rather unpicturesque view of the car park. Again, please see photos. The bathroom was elegant but past it’s best with mould around the shower, a toilet that barely flushed and a such a high step into and out of the shower that was a hazard to anyone over the age of 40. Not being picky but the bin was broken too.

Breakfast was buffet, luke warm and unappetising. Coffee was self service from a machine.

This was definitely an unpleasant stay and not what one would expect from a four star hotel.

2  Thank kevc586
Reviewed November 1, 2018 via mobile

Would not recommend this hotel. Poor customer service and below standard amenities. No thank you. Manager wore casual clothes and I could not really understand him that well. Was he really the manager? Need some new staff who smile and enjoy their job.

3  Thank dahaw
Reviewed October 31, 2018 via mobile

I booked last minute for a family funeral that I needed to attend. When we arrived and were given our room key I was disappointed to say the least. The room was very small and considering it had cost £150 for 1 night for myself and my husband I expected a decent room! I went to reception and Chrissie was brilliant. Really lovely and actually listening to the issues. We were moved to a lovely room with much more space. I have mobility issues so need a separate shower not one over a bath so the new room was great. We were given a complimentary meal at the restaurant too. Chrissie was friendly, polite and very professional. A huge credit to the company. Thank you fir a lovely stay

Date of stay: October 2018
2  Thank Sarah B
Reviewed October 30, 2018

Slightly disappointing stay considering its a 4* hotel. Had a 6pm checkout but this clearly wasn't communicated to the cleaners who came in twice without knocking. Room key also stopped working after 12. Check in was slow and reception always had a queue. Didn't ask if we wanted a paper for the morning. Room was a ''priviledged' but décor was tired. Website said extra toiletries but we only got shower gel and shampoo???

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com