Mercure Brandon Hall Hotel and Spa Warwickshire
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Brandon
Reviewed May 6, 2014

I failed to get through on the phone and after several attempts gave up and booked thro Last Minute. When we arrived, it was Bedlam - a wedding, a party and the place was packed. Imagine how annoying it was when another guest checked in on a dinner/bed/breakfast package costing LESS than our room only! If only they'd answered the phone. Very frustrated. Then we were told that we'd only get dinner 'right now!' (about 7.15) . So in we went expecting nothing but ragged service and sub-standard food. Wrong. The lady running the restaurant (Cherie) was a total professional. She could see we'd been bounced in and offered a complimentary drink - a simple thing but it told us the staff cared. The waitress (Poola) was great and given the pressure the kitchen was under, the food was very good. Sensing our disappointment re breakfast, the management simply upgraded our package and we had a very good breakfast. One minus mark was £18 for a malt whisky - no, not the bottle. Take note Mercure, without the staff you just have a building and so keep up whatever training programme you have - it is obviously working.

Room Tip: Ring direct for a great value package - we will go again.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BumpkinWiltshire
H6625-gm, General Manager at Mercure Brandon Hall Hotel and Spa Warwickshire, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2014

Dear BumpkinWiltshire,
Thank you very much for your kind review. It is much appreciated and I can assure you that my Team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am very aware of how lucky I am to have such a caring Team. I look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

There are newer reviews for Mercure Brandon Hall Hotel and Spa Warwickshire

Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

Had a lovely nights stay. Nice location and easy to find. Rooms decorated well but do try and get one of the rooms in the newer part of the hotel. The room we first had didn't really lock properly and with a bit of a nudge easily opened. The evening staff swapped our room without hesitation and moved our stuff while we had the most delicious meal. We ate from their wine and dine menu and it really was fabulous made even better by the lovely waiting staff. The only thing that let's this hotel down is the spa, the massage and pedicure I had was very average and I feel over priced for what is was, a mess up with times left me waiting an extra 40 minutes and despite my partner pre paying we were followed out after asking for payment! There isn't enough beds by the pool to sit and relax and read a book, the pool is a bit cold and the spa and steam room are rather small.

I would advise booking for a nice night stay and excellent food but I would look elsewhere if you were looking for a spa weekend.

• Stayed: May 2014

Dear Ellie T,
Thank you very much for your most constructive feedback. I have noted your comments regarding some issues you had with your stay and will taking them up with the relevant Team Members. Likewise I will of course pass on your positive comments.

Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

Just came back from a spa break with a Friend, lovely hotel and the staff were fantastic! Very helpful and approachable. The room was very clean and comfortable the only down size was the beds!! Didn't have a very good nights sleep and woke with back ache, also the people upstairs were running around at 3.45 am! ( not the hotels fault) included in our package we had a 3 course dinner, which I must say the food was amazing!! A very relaxed atmosphere. Not very busy which was lovely for us. Breakfast was a buffet and there was plenty on offer and very nice. The spa facilities were good the only down side was they did not have a jacuzzi, again the staff in the spa were very nice and made you feel
welcome.
All in all would recommend this hotel and spa to all.

• Stayed: May 2014

Dear kadie b,
Thank you very much for your kind review. It is much appreciated and I can assure you that my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you and your friend enjoyed your Spa Break. I look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Reviewed May 1, 2014

Booked this for a romantic getaway - the pictures made it look great.
Easy to find and impressive building as you drive towards it. Plenty of parking.
Check in was trouble fee although I do hate the policy of only one key per room. I had arrived before my partner and then had to refrain from using the bath facilities after my long journey until I could let them into the room.
We did not book the basic double room but paid extra for an upgrade and were disappointed with the size (small) of the room.
But my main bugbear was the bed ... or should I say the two beds, which had been joined together. Causing a very uncomfortable middle of the bed !!
We had dinner at a local pub as there was a very rowdy hen weekend gathering going on at the hotel.
Breakfast was good - a well stocked hot buffet and plentiful cereal/juices/pastries and coffee.

Would I stay again? Yes .... but only if I was guaranteed a proper double/king sized mattress.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank welltravelled149

Dear welltravelled149,

Reviewed April 29, 2014

Always try and stay at this hotel when visiting Coventry with work.

Ideally placed 4 miles from my office, great staff, lovely rooms with very comfy beds and very clean

Haven't used the leisure facilities before as never had the time however they do look good, housed in a separate building next to the hotel.

Restaurant and dinner was as always excellent with a great choice and excellently cooked food with outstanding staff.

Breakfast wasn't great which was strange because it usually us great.

Upgrade to a Privilege room, they are well worth it!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Bigbird1334
H6625-gm, General Manager at Mercure Brandon Hall Hotel and Spa Warwickshire, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2014

Dear Bigbird1334,
Thank you very much for your kind review. It is much appreciated and I can assure you that my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us again. I look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Reviewed April 29, 2014

Hotel looked lovely. Gardens beautiful. Booked with Last min.com; arrive & they don't have our booking. Lucky we had booking no. with us.But still they say Have a drink while we sort it; Eventually WE went & asked if WE did have a room. Oh yes, but its not ready yet ( would of been nice if staff came to say or even said at the start there were rooms available)............Went to Spa, nice enough, not enough seats to rest or read a book around the pool. Back massage was lovely with chatty staff.
Room at last; clean & fine. Evening meal, OK but never had bread & butter pud without fruit, sent back 1 plate of tasteless stodge. Wine expensive & poor. Get better at Aldi for 1/4 price.
SAVED: Breakfast was excellent.
Staff were helpful on the whole but could do better...................

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank HJA63

Dear HJA63,
Thank you very much for your most constructive feedback. I have noted your comments regarding some issues you had with your stay and will taking them up with the relevant Team Members. I am sorry that we were unable to find your reservation, but am pleased that we were able to accommodate you for your stay. I apologise for the delay in making the room available. I am sorry that you found our wine selection wanting.
Likewise I will of course pass on your positive comments.

Reviewed April 29, 2014

A group of us stayed here for a friends Birthday celebration. We had private dining and we were all really well looked after. Staff were really friendly and nothing was too much trouble. Food was really good. Our bedroom was really nice, clean and the bed was really comfortable. Didn't get to use the spa so can't comment on this. Overall everyone had a really good time and it was really good value for money.

Room Tip: Room 119 was very spacious and bed was really comfortable.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Blonde B

Dear Blonde B,
Thank you very much for your kind review. It is much appreciated and I can assure you that my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you and you had a great Birthday Celebration with friends and family. I look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.
Michael Stenson

Also consider these accommodations in or near Brandon
Mercure Warwickshire Walton Hall Hotel & Spa
Mercure Warwickshire Walton Hall...
#1 of 1 in Wellesbourne Hastings
Lea Marston Hotel & Spa
#1 of 1 in Lea Marston
Chesford Grange - A QHotel
Wroxall Abbey Hotel & Estate

Been to Mercure Brandon Hall Hotel and Spa Warwickshire? Share your experiences!