“fantastic weekend”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Brandon
london
“fantastic weekend”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

I have stayed at Brandon hall a few times now and always had good service
I stayed again this weekend and had a great time.
The restaurant has had a revamp with new staff
The spa has a new manager and it shows
I would like to thank Emma for all her help and Anoleelika in the spa for explaining all the treatments and seeing to all our needs
This is a great little hotel with very good facilities.
Very good value for the money

Room Tip: room 156 on the 1st floor overlooking the court yard
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
H6625-gm, General Manager at Mercure Brandon Hall Hotel and Spa Warwickshire, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Alan1510,
Michael Stenson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Darlington, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 10, 2013

I've stayed here several times on business, and its always been a pleasant experience.
Lovely quiet setting in the woods, decent restaurant, and spa.
I remember the first time I stayed, and I took a wrong turn just before the Hotel which became an unwelcome adventure after a four- hour drive, until I resorted to Satnav. My advice, give in and use your Satnav !

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear BriJackie,
Winchester
Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

Just returned from a fantastic spa break with friends. After reading some really bad reviews before we went and having had to phone several times to book our spa treatments before my call was returned, I was starting to think the weekend wasn't going to be great. However, we had a brilliant time. The hotel is set in beautiful grounds in the very pretty village of Brandon. The hotel itself is very nice and the spa building seemed fairly new. Rooms were very nice, the only niggle being that the shower temperature dial was broken in our room so we had cold showers on 2 occasions. The spa itself was great: really nice, clean pool which wasn't busy at all, as well as a sauna and steam room. The treatments were very good and we got 2 included in our package which made it great value for money. The only complaint (which I had already read on another review) was that the therapist doing my massage started talking to me, which thankfully after a few one word replies sent the message that I wanted to relax and switch off, not make small talk. We ate in the restaurant on the first night and the food is very good. Breakfast was great with a huge choice. The only let down being the cheese and cold meat selection. Normally I would expect to see slices of Gouda/Edam etc, not a wedge of Stilton and Brie (slightly odd choice in my option for breakfast), but the rest of the choice could not have been better. The staff were also all very friendly which added to a great stay. I would definitely highly recommend this hotel for a spa break! Thanks for a fab weekend!

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Daniell
Dear Danielle,
Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

Booked this weekend for my boyfriends 19th birthday. Lovely little countryside place, hotel and spa are separate buildings but literally next door to each other.

Check in was good and took 5mins.
Room was very lovely and big tv however bit of a struggle to use (could do with instructions)
Bathrooms and pictures in rooms could do with updating.

Didnt eat in hotel so cannot comment on food but we did pay an extra £5 each for breakast in room. Was brilliant to just relax and have breakfast in bed and you can literally have everything!

Spa isnt really much of a spa just basically a pool and sauna room but it suited our needs for the one night.

Would happily stay again

• Stayed October 2013
Steffanie03,
Bedfordshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Another business event another hotel. Check in was pain free, and pleasant enough. Which is a good description of the hotel. I met colleagues in the bar and the bar steward was excellent remembering my chosen drink throughout my visit, we then ate in the restaurant, where again the service was top notch and the food was ok, I will forgive them the sin of not having either of the items I wanted off the menu, as she handled it so well.

The thing that got me about this place was the lack of furniture in the bedroom, it had a bed a desk and a table, a built in space to hang clothes but no drawers, nowhere to put clothes, as it happened I was only staying two nights, but any more and I would have been really annoyed with the lack of storage. nothing major just odd.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Neil R
Dear thesprat,
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 29, 2013

We stayed at the Brandon in September and thoroughly enjoyed our break, The restaurant service and food was excellent, the rooms were clean, tidy and well equipped. The room service was quick and professional. The price was fair and realist.
The grounds are tidy and well kept. The gym and pool were relaxing and clean.
No complaints good value for money, very much recommended for business or pleasure.

Room Tip: Negotiate a price.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank cooldad49
Dear cooldad49,
coventry
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Me and my friend went here today for a spa day, wow from start to finish it was awful! On arrival we filled in a form and was left for 20 minutes. We expected a relaxing day spent in our dressing gowns however we were terribly bored and by 1pm we wanted to go home. It's basically a gym with a average size pool and a few sunbeds and a part at the side with a few rooms (that smelt of urine) that can be used for treatments. There is a very small relaxation room which wasn't very busy but I couldn't actually hear from friend who was sat next to me. I couldn't get my things out of my locker so I went to the reception and the man came in and put another code in to get my friends and whilst he was in there another man was allowed to come in and mess around with a hair dryer, luckily there was no ladies in there getting ready.

I asked when we first arrived about lunch and we were told we would get afternoon tea at 3,15 however if we would like a food box it would be £15 each or we could get changed and go over to the hotel next door but it will be busy as there's a wedding, this wasn't a good option for either of us. We asked if we could bring our afternoon tea to 1pm and I had to go and ask at reception twice to find out whether it was okay or not, they finally got back to us and said 1.30 is the earliest they could do.

I felt so disappointed for my friend as shes a bigger size than the average size 10 but the dressing gown that was provided wouldn't go anywhere near her, in all fairness i'm a size 10 and it fit me well but for anyone else who is bigger they have no chance, Ive been to Whittlebury hall and Ragdale hall and they provide xxl dressing gowns to suit all shapes and sizes.

So at 2pm after our afternoon tea (which was nice) we had our treatments, my friend had an indian head massage which she said hurt and then I had a neck back and shoulder massage. Now at other spa's ive been to this is in a quiet candle lit room with relaxing music in the background but at Brandon hall it was in a full lit room, the air con felt as tho it was on, the lady who did it spoke nearly the entire way though, the room needed updating, the chair had bits falling off and it didn't seem very clean :o(. We just wanted to leave.

We were supposed to leave at 5pm however at 3pm we walked out never to set foot in the place again. I feel so disappointed as my friend has just split from her husband and it was a day for me to relax however we didn't do any relaxing, a total waste of £48 each :o(

I would not recommend going here for a spa day!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank claireandtom
dear claireandtom,
I am sorry that on this occasion that you were disappointed with your Spa Day. I treat all feedback with the utmost seriousness and I am currently investigating this matter. Please feel free to contact me on h6625-gm@accor.com to discuss this further.
Michael Stenson
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brandon
Mercure Warwickshire Walton Hall Hotel & Spa
Mercure Warwickshire Walton Hall...
#1 of 1 in Wellesbourne Hastings
Ardencote
Ardencote
#1 of 1 in Claverdon
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,090 reviews

Been to Mercure Brandon Hall Hotel and Spa Warwickshire? Share your experiences!