“Amazing value for money” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mercure Brandon Hall Hotel and Spa Warwickshire

Mercure Brandon Hall Hotel and Spa Warwickshire
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Brandon
London, United Kingdom
“Amazing value for money”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

I spent a weekend here with a friend. We found an online deal which included breakfast, two spa treatments and 3 course dinner included in the price of the room which was reasonable to begin with. The staff were very friendly and apologetic about the long wait at check-in (there was a wedding going on). Food quality was fine and rooms nice too. My only comment would be the absence of bathrobes in the room (we got our from the spa) and there was only one power point to charge your devices (the bedside lamps had bespoke outlets which not even the most advanced power adapter could tackle). Lovely setting, easy to find. Recommended.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank NMPCC100
H6625-gm, General Manager at Mercure Brandon Hall Hotel and Spa Warwickshire, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Dear NMPCC100,
Michael Stenson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Newton Abbot, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

I stay here occasionally for work reasons, its a nice hotel with modern rooms. Some of the rooms have questionable decor that is contempory grey for example, but not unpleasant. There is a great pub just down the hill which I tend to use as I prefer to eat alone at a bar than in a hotel restaurant although im sure the hotel food is just as good. The breakfasts are certainly fine.
I will stay again and I would recommend. Beds medium-firm, decor modern, flat screen tv. Good enough for a leisure break with the wife or a solo visit for work.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank GilesB71
Dear GilesB71,
Northampton, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

I booked this venue after racking my brains for ideas on a surprise getaway for my wife. I need not have worried. On arrival into the driveway and seeing the setting of the Hotel I felt massively relieved, the setting looked stunning!!. On entry into the grand reception we were met by a very friendly receptionist who proceeded to book us in. We enquired about a room upgrade and were delighted that this cost was only £20 for a much bigger room with better facilities, (coffee machine complimentary drinks bar etc.).
I had booked treatments at the spa in advance of us arriving which was a good idea as the spa looked very popular. My wife enjoyed her treatments and we both enjoyed the pool, and the steam room which were very clean and first class.
We also enjoyed lunch prior to the spa experience and again this was very tasty and although quite pricey there was plenty of choice .
There was a wedding party who arrived but this did not cause any issues with service or noise issues and in fact created a buzz around the place.
Dinner was excellent from the set menu and the orange baked Alaska dessert superb!!.
breakfast the following morning was also excellent but I was glad it was included in the package as it was quite pricey, but again there was plenty of choice.

So any downsides?. All in all given it was a surprise getaway booking it is hard to fault, the only issue we had was the mini bar which was not so much as a mini bar but contained a bottle of water two cokes and a fruit juice drink, no alcohol. Which we had paid the upgrade for. The other minor niggle was the wifi wasn't working at all and we couldn't even get any signal whatsoever which might of caused problems if we were away on business.

I would definitely recommend this hotel/spa and we will definitely use it again!!!

Room Tip: I would suggest the upgrade however I have not seen the standard rooms. We had no issues with noise
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Lstevens123
Dear Lstevens123,
Thank you very much for your kind review. It is much appreciated and I can assure you that my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. The good news is that the Wifi fault was temporary and was up and running following the replacement of a piece of hardware on Monday morning, I am only sorry that this impacted on your stay. I look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.
Rugby, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

We went with dear friends to celebrate a BIG birthday. We had booked a table, the room was very nice, interesting collection of mirrors on the wall and a spacious feel, meaning you were not too close to the next table.
Service was slow but attentive. Food was beautifully presented but very small portions -fine dining I guess. We felt the focus was on the appearance more than the taste.
I had the "gourmet" burger. Ordinary white bread roll, a lettuce leaf, 2 slices tomatoes.A fairly run of the mill burger with melted cheese on top. My chips never came, but they made a generous deduction off the bill to compensate.The wine was a beautiful Shiraz at £22, which is a good price.
Some of our party really enjoyed the food, so I would say it is hit and miss. Lovely environment but there are better places to eat.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank berni a
H6625-gm, General Manager at Mercure Brandon Hall Hotel and Spa Warwickshire, responded to this review, June 2, 2013
Dear Berni A,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to Mercure Brandon Hall Hotel and Spa. I am delighted that in general you and your party enjoyed your meal and we have noted your most constructive feedback regarding some of the food, which I will be addressing appropriately
Rugby, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

We stayed here as a present from my parents in May 2013, the hotel itself was lovely, nice clean bedrooms, food was good, grounds were lovely and overall a pleasant stay. My only complaint was with the spa that is part of the hotel, I had booked a treatment as part of my present with a therapist called Talluha, very abrupt and seeing as how i was there to relax, i was bombarded with heavy selling at every opportunity. Not quite the tranquil experience i was hoping for, i have been to spa's before and always found it to be a lovely way to spend a day, and always found it a friendly experience, but im afraid this ruined my trip somewhat.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Julie A
Dear Julie A,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to Mercure Brandon Hall Hotel and Spa. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we have noted your comments about the service in the Spa, which I will be addressing appropriately
Lancaster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

We booked over the phone so that I could make sure our dog was allowed in the hotel and not just the room, we were told yes, only restriction was the restaurant.We were given a lovely room close to the exit at the rear to make it easier to get outside with our pooch, and were told of dog walk at rear of hotel (which was actually 190 acres of beautiful woodland! We had the DBB deal for two nights, menu and food was great, as was the service and we liked it so much we added an extra night and got it at the same rate! I agree the restaurant service did suffer a bit because of the weddings, especially on Sunday night, but I would say this was not the norm, from our previous two nights experience, with other staff serving.I have no qualms recommending this hotel, especially for those who would like a break, but need to bring a dog with them for certain reasons.WE LOVED IT! I

Room Tip: We had a room in the back courtyard because we had a dog, and it was very convenient to get ouside a...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank HMAC769
H6625-gm, General Manager at Mercure Brandon Hall Hotel and Spa Warwickshire, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Dear HMAC769,
Nottingham
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for a weekend break while two weddings were on. This may have imPacted on service which was generally dIffident and disdainful. Eg we couldn't eat in the restaurant (except at 6 or 9) which wasn't ideal with an 8 year old. We ate in the bar and they brought out wrong food and said 'no thai curry so we substituted a massala' which my wife didn't really want but ate to save another 30 min wait.
To avoid missing a restaurant slot the next day we booked one for pm the next day. Which they lost. And then said they had no record of booking 'but could speak to the manager about it'. So we waste time for your mistake?! This attitude of staff seemed rife.
I witnessed a wedding guest waiting at the bar for the change from ha drinks order. The lad just vanished and the guest asked 'where's my change?' 'he's just getting it from the other bar'. After 10 mIns the lad came back and started fiddling with something at the bar. Bloke: 'er my change?'. Lad: 'not my fault it was at the other bar!' At this point the chap's wife chimed in with: 'why's it my husband's fault wher you keep your change?'
Overall then: rooms fine, spa fine, food average (pub down road is friendly and serves vastly superior food), service needs work. If you're on business or at a wedding, fine, If you just want good old fashioned service go elsewhere.

• Stayed June 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Dear Peterrosie,
I am sorry that on this occasion that you were disappointed with your stay. I treat all feedback with the utmost seriousness and I am currently investigating this matter. Please feel free to contact me on h6625-gm@accor.com to discuss this further.
Michael Stenson
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brandon
Mercure Warwickshire Walton Hall Hotel & Spa
Mercure Warwickshire Walton Hall...
#1 of 1 in Wellesbourne Hastings
Ardencote
Ardencote
#1 of 1 in Claverdon
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,062 reviews

Been to Mercure Brandon Hall Hotel and Spa Warwickshire? Share your experiences!