“beautiful suites in trulli, beautiful, big pool”

Abate Masseria & Resort
Ranked #1 of 27 Noci B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Abate Masseria is not the typical Apulian Masseria, there are some old and some newly built parts - which is not a bad thing at all, it's just different to some historcial Masseria.
We stayed in a Trullo Junior Suite, which was wonderful - with a private table and chairs + garden, right next to the pool, but with a little stone wall in between, for total privacy.
The suite was beautiful and very spacious - bed in the first Trullo, lounge chairs, TV and cupboard in the second and then a children's room (where we stored our luggage) and the bathroom in the back.
Only minor cutback is, that the bathroom is a bit dated - it is big, but the shower stall is very small and quite old, also only one sink, although there would be enough space for his and hers. But everything is very clean and nice - just a new shower would add the "five star"-experience.
The grounds are beautiful, flowers in the gardens, the pool is huge, especially for such a small boutique hotel, you can easily swim laps for training.
Breakfast is another highlight - local cheeses, meat cuts and pies, wonderful!
What adds to the experience are the wonderful hosts - helpful for every need.
Location is good for exploring Valle d'itria, we did several day tours by car. Noci is not in walking distance.

Room Tip: Trullo Suite
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jabma
Mino T, Direttore at Abate Masseria & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

It is always nice to read the feedback of our guests! We thank you for your comment and we are so happy you enjoyed the junior suite, our gardens, breakfast, swimming pool and our hospitality.
Mino & staff

Reviewed June 1, 2013

This is one of the most pleasant and relaxing hotels I ever stayed. The breakfast buffet is the best I had so far in Italy, with excellent local products like the mozzarella di Pugla, several types of ham and cheeses, cereals, fruit from their own garden, mouthwatering home-made cakes. Marco even knows how to make a good tea, a rarity in Italy!
Angelica at the reception is the soul of the place, friendly, helpful and speaks well English. So are the owners of the hotel. They make you feel at home in a non-intrusive way, but they are there when you need help or advise. When booking the hotel I first hesitated because it is located outside Noci (about 35 minutes walk to the town centre). But when calling them on the day of my arrival, they offered me immediately to collect me from the train station and they also gave me a lift back upon my departure. But once you are there you don't feel any urge to leave the place anyway. The rooms are large, well furnished and equipped and the trulli-rooms are very special and romantic. Every room has it's own forecourt with table and chairs, were they serve everything, if you ask them. Their restaurant is very good (listed in the Micheline Guide), not expensive and you can order only one dish, if you are not too hungry. On the only day the restaurant was closed Angelica took me with her own car to a good restaurant near Noci, and collected me after lunch to take me back to the hotel! What more can you ask for? This is definitely a great place if you want to relax and need peace and quiet. I will return as soon as I have again an opportunity to come back to lovely Puglia!

Stayed: May 2013

This lovely Puglia and we all of Abate Masseria are waiting you for other and above all fantastic emotions! it will be a pleasure to meet you again. Thank you so much!
Mino & Staff

Reviewed May 23, 2013

although having only eight rooms, rthis establishment also has a pool and a michelin recommended restaurant. The rooms are either in converted trullis or in as sxmall converted stable block. They are spacious and well equipped. if there is a drawback, it is that the restautrant is shut on sundays and therfe are few other eating places nearby or in the town of Noci, but don't let that put you off. This a classy establishment and staffed by friendly helpful people who cant do enough for you

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Mino T, Direttore at Abate Masseria & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2013

We would like to thank you sincerely for your feedback. We wanted to do more for you and we are sorry for drawback! We hope you will carry in your heart and in your memories only good things! It will be nice to meet you in the future!
Mino and all the staff

Reviewed April 18, 2013

During a week driving around Puglia, we decided that a few days in a trullo might be in order. I wanted somewhere from which I could explore many of the 'must see' towns and sights in central Puglia. After extensive research, I chose the Abate Masseria and what a gem it turned out to be.
Don't let the word 'resort' put you off. It's small, discreet and beautifully manicured. Our trullo was a shock - many times better than I had anticipated. The interior comprised a fabulous bathroom, a sumptuous living room and a curtained archway through to a hugely comfortable bedroom area. The feeling was that of a four star suite within an elegantly styled and attractively constructed multi-roofed trullo. Everything was tastefully thought through. Quality linen, a giant bed and hugely efficient air conditioning/heating units.
Adjacent to the pool, the setting couldn't have been better. A few metres stroll to the main building for breakfast and dinner was a delight. Staff were brilliant. Incredibly welcoming and unfailingly helpful. We stayed three nights and it hallmarked our entire visit to this region. The town of Noci is unpretentious and authentic and the position of Abate makes it an ideal base from which to access so many of the charming towns and sights which you simply shouldn't miss in this area.
I have no hesitation is recommending this Masseria. I wish I were still there.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Travelboff22
Mino T, Direttore at Abate Masseria & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

What we can say ? With your tale, you gave us a beautiful emotion. Thank you so much and … we wish you were still here.
Mino and all of Abate Masseria

Reviewed November 11, 2012

My husband and I travelled to Noci in June, 2009, NOT 2012. I did quite a bit of research before booking at Abate Masseria. We were not dissappointed. The property is beautiful, service impeccable and restaurant outstanding. We were able to arrange for guides and had a wonderful experience. We continually talk about our stay at the masseria and cannot wait to return for an extended stay.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 20, 2012

We spent a lovely week here at Abate Masseria resort and like all the reviews I would like to add my support for the level or customer service provided not only by Mino and his staff but also the staff of the restaurant who were equally as good. The food overall was excellent, maybe breakfast could have been slightly better but this is being perhaps a bit picky and I am sure if we wanted anything we could have had it. The price of food and drink whether by the pool or in the restaurant was equally as good and much better value then one would find at similar resorts in Spain or Portugal. Some comments have been made about the restaurant being open to non-residents but we found this gave the place a good buzz and better atmosphere and it certainly did not take from the level of service. Be aware however that the restaurant closes on Sunday evenings and all day (other then for breakfast) on Wednesdays. The location of this resort is good for exploring the region and overall I could recommend it with the following minor and maybe my own personal reservations.
Firstly the beds, which I found hard and somewhat uncomfortable. A good mattress topper would be a great investment. Bathroom accessories were not always replenished daily and I think the policy of changing your pool towels every second day should be dropped. There are only eight or so rooms so to change them daily would not break the bank or cause an environmental disaster. Finally an investment in some new more comfortable sunbeds would be well worthwhile.

Room Tip: The Trulli Rooms are great and well worth the small extra cost.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank alarmingjoe
Reviewed September 16, 2012

This hotel offers comfortable rooms, a quiet location, nice gardens and a lovely spotless (if rather cold) pool. The staff are extremely helpful. Good food - breakfasts were much better than we expected in Italy.

The hotel's website does not do the place justice.

Room Tip: We were in room 105. It is located in one of the trullis, it's close to the pool, and nice and...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Noci
Santarosa Relais
#1 of 20 in Ostuni
Leonardo Trulli Resort
Leonardo Trulli Resort
#1 of 28 in Locorotondo

Been to Abate Masseria & Resort? Share your experiences!