Hotel Sigonella Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel Il Gelso Bianco(Misterbianco)
View Hotel
Motta Residence Hotel(Motta Sant'Anastasia)
  • Breakfast included
Valle Degli Ulivi(Motta Sant'Anastasia)
  • Pool
Villa Cibele(Catania)
View Hotel
All reviewsminute drivespeak englishdays inncustomer servicenice balconyjuneairportphone
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 1, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for a couple of nights and my only dilemma was whether to rate it 'Poor' or 'Terrible'. I'm going with poor, only because all of the staff were super nice.

This hotel has one set of clientele - overbooks from the adjacent Sigonella military base. They have no competition whatsoever so charge outrageous prices for rooms that looked like they were decorated in 1965 and never renovated since. My room had extremely worn red carpet that smelled, broken furniture, stains in the bathtub, no power plugs, and beds that were very uncomfortable. To top it off, all of the lights are the newer energy efficient ones with low wattage - I could barely even see. With the red carpet, no lighting, and poor furniture I felt like I was staying in a cheap bordello. And, I almost forgot, there were big signs in the bathroom "Don't drink the water". Duly noted

Breakfast is ridiculous, with two older coffee machines that don't work, and virtually nothing to eat save some croissants.

As I said, I won't rate it terrible because the staff are nice, plus the free wifi worked well. However, the US Government, who is footing the bill for all the GIs staying here, really should come take a look at the condition of this place in comparison with the prices they are paying.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank callmeishmael
Reviewed December 2, 2011

We stayed three nights at Hotel Sigonella Inn. My husband is retired from the military and when we travel in Europe we try to avail ourselves of the services on American military bases. The Navy Lodge was totally booked up so we stayed across the road at this hotel. It was very convenient for our needs, close to NAS Sigonella 1 and II and within easy driving distance from Taormina, Siracusa, Palermo, etc. Our room was fairly spacious by European standards, clean and comfortable. The bathroom was dated but adequate. The hotel's pool and grounds are nice and well kept. The staff was friendly and helpful with suggestions and directions. The breakfast was average but adequate.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 22, 2011

This hotel is adequate if you are visiting NAS Sigonella, since it is right outside the gate to NAS I and a 15 minute drive to NAS II. The rooms are huge, but tired. The mattresses are thin - you can feel the coils when you lay on it. The sheets are rough. The bathroom looks like a refugee from the 1950's. The complimentary breakfast was nothing special, particularly since the coffee machines did not function properly. (If you know anything about Italians, to have non-functional coffee machines is unheard of!) If you are travelling for leisure, consider properties in Catania.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank pharvey841
Reviewed April 8, 2011

I stayed here twice for 4 weeks each. Staff is very accommodating. They will go out of their way to meet requests. They even have a rental car agency at the hotel that picks u up at the airport if you are renting a car from them.
It is located right across from a military base, if you are working/visiting there. There is a couple of restaurants walking distance, I particularly enjoyed Medusa restaurant.

When the pool is open in the summer, they play music all day long, so dont get a room on that side if that bothers you.

My room had a few mosquitos but nothing too bad.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 2, 2009

We couldn't speak any Italian and they were friendly and didn't mind that they had to speak English. They recommended restaurants and even the cheapest cab company. The complimentary breakfast was wonderful also!

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled on business