I absolutely loved this place. My room was great - number 8 in the courtyard but it was the service and hospitality of the staff that won me over.
Although the owners don't live on the property anymore, you can tell in every detail that they are still very much in control, particularly in the selection and training of the staff. Nothing is too much trouble and the staff seem very interested in helping you - and boy do they smile!
It was a summarised for me by the belboy who ran after me on the last day as I was leaving and told me to drop my bag. "That's my job - you're on holiday" he said firmly!
I like the dinners around the same table as all the other guests - I was a single traveller so that worked well for me.
Go stay at Laird's Lodge and find out what hospitality is all about.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The gracious Cape Dutch homestead offers distant mountain views, wide open spaces, a secluded pool and gentle walks on the 24-acre estate. The individually decorated rooms convey a feeling of tranquil elegance and include neutral colors, percale linen and specialized toiletries. Perfectly positioned to explore the Garden Route, from the Wilderness to the Tsitsikamma forests. Superb breakfasts and convivial gourmet dinners, specializing in seafood and game dishes, are served in the Colonial dining room or cozy wine room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity and Hotwire so you can book your Lairds Lodge Country Estate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lairds Lodge Country Estate Hotel Harkerville
- Lairds Lodge Country Estate South Africa/Harkerville