This is one of the most incredible places I have ever stayed. Each "room" is actually a chatlet on stilts. The property is on a hill, so the room is not far off the ground, but in the treetops and overlooking swathes of forest. The chalets are far enough apart that you don't feel as if you are near anyone. Each chatlet has indoor and outdoor shower, its own outdoor infinity pool, fireplace with wood-burning stove, large bath, free port, under-floor heating and all sorts of other goodies.
The food in the hotel is also incredible - dinner was one of the best meals I had in South Africa, and breakfast was excellent as well.
In the winter through the website I got a great deal called "Last-minute Tsala" - ~1000 ZAR per person per night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set amidst the treetops of an age-old indigenous forest, Tsala is a lavish celebration of the spirit of Africa. Irresistible to those who appreciate exclusivity, fine fare, romance and adventure. With beautiful private suites and villas, breathtaking views and forest seclusion, unique architectural design and excellent personal service, it is a fantastic get-away destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and Cancelon so you can book your Tsala Treetop Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tsala Treetop Hotel Harkerville
- Tsala Treetop Plettenberg Bay
- Tsala Treetop Lodge South Africa/Harkerville