We stayed here as part of our honeymoon in June 2009 while exploring the Garden Route.
Very well run property of individual luxury suites on stilts with a fantastic view of nothing but endless forest. Rooms are very nice with loads of space with a separate lounge area and huge bathroom. Service was excellent both for room service and in the restaurant. The room did get a bit cold as we were there in the winter, but there’s a good fire to help with this. Would have been nice to have internet access in the suites – only available in the main lodge. Definitely recommend visiting at a warmer time of year to make best use of the private infinity pool etc.
Only complaint was that it was rather expensive for an out of season stay. However, we got the impression from other guests that there were some better deals to be had from booking late – but that didn’t help us as we booked months prior while arranging our wedding.
Lots of pictures with this review, so please take a look!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set amidst the treetops of an age-old indigenous forest, Tsala is a lavish celebration of the spirit of Africa. Irresistible to those who appreciate exclusivity, fine fare, romance and adventure. With beautiful private suites and villas, breathtaking views and forest seclusion, unique architectural design and excellent personal service, it is a fantastic get-away destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your Tsala Treetop Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tsala Treetop Hotel Harkerville
- Tsala Treetop Plettenberg Bay
- Tsala Treetop Lodge South Africa/Harkerville