“Lovely setting, dreamy rooms and delicious food!”
Review of La Villa Hotel

and 1 more site!
La Villa Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Mombaruzzo
Oslo, Norway
“Lovely setting, dreamy rooms and delicious food!”
Reviewed August 3, 2014

This lovely hotel was the highlight of our Alps-Piedmonte holiday. The old farm buildings have been beautifully restored, and rooms are large and individually furnished. We enjoyed relaxing in the lovely backyard, gardens and pool area with view over the beautiful vineyards.
Dinner really gives you the feeling of being a personal guest, with delicious food and wine selections. The 4-course menu is fixed and changes every day, but it was no problem making adjustments for picky kids. The owners and staff are the most helpful and friendly I have met in a hotel, giving us a lot of advice about what to see and restaurants to visit. The location is secluded, so you do need a car to get around and see all the lovely towns and wineries in the area - Alba, Aqui Terme, Barbaresco etc.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Lisa K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed July 30, 2014

We stumbled upon this hotel on an impromptu drive through the Piedmont region. The proprietors are lovely people. Chris is willing to help with any touring requests and his wife Nicola, is an expert on the region's wine. She recommended a Barolo that I brought home to raving friends and family. The rooms are spacious with lovely views and the property clean and pretty. The pool is really nice. I learned that they have a special week when they accept kids - perfect for those wanting some quiet time. We went for a great run everyday - likely a 5k loop that afforded beautiful views of the Alps and the neighboring towns and steeples. We will return!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view. Some likely have a courtyard view. Pretty but not as pretty as those w...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Henley-on-Thames, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 27, 2014

What can I say? ...Thank you so, so much: Nicola, Chris, Charlie, Sylvannah, Julia, Kelly and all the many, many others who made our stay so wonderful! Because absolutely everybody at La Villa goes above and beyond to ensure their guests' happiness.. and smiles at the same time.

La Villa is set in the beautiful Piednomese countryside- this is countryside as I have never seen it- lush and green vineyards, undulating/ interlocking hills and valleys: absolutely stunning! There isn't a huge amount to do in the local area- this is a place where you come to relax and unwind from the stresses of modern life: a rare gem in Europe.

The local food is highly acclaimed but was too rich for my personal taste. But, that did not matter since La Villa's award winning chef, who has worked for many Michelin starred English restaurants and for both Gordon Ramsay and Jamie Oliver, makes the most delicious food I have ever tasted. The "corzetti" (fresh pasta made with white wine) is absolutely not to be missed. Nor is the local beef poached in red wine or the poached pears in Barberra with Mascerpone... or anything in fact. The only bad thing about Charlie's cooking is that one might never leave the resort for fear of missing out on a sublime meal.

Charlie's pasta making course is also a "must-do". My husband did it, while I relaxed and dreamed of not being the sole cook at home for a change, and, to my delight, he had the time of his life! He returned full of enthusiasm for the different techniques of making fresh pasta and I was lucky enough to indulge in the fruits of his labour. He has, since returning to the UK, bought a pasta making machine and some zero zero flour, so I await further indulgence.

We had the Moroccan room- it was lovely! Really spacious with beautiful views and, like everything Nicola touches: impeccably styled.

Nicola has a great eye. The interior of this beautiful, renovated building is stunning, decorated tastefully with beautiful, unique and local pieces. The garden is a dream! A lot of thought and care has gone into everything and it pays dividends.

Above all, I felt so sad to leave this lovely family: Nicola, Chris, Kelly, Gemma, Rambo (the cat) who were so caring, welcoming and loving towards us and with whom we felt so at home.

I am reviewing this with a glass of Nizza Barberra in my hand- the one bottle I managed to get into my Easy Jet luggage- Cheers guys and sorry for drinking you dry!

xx

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
South Africa
Reviewed July 6, 2014

We loved our two night stay despite the bad weather. The pool area looked lovely and the views were great from the room and the deck/pool area.
The hosts are exceptional and go out of their way to welcome one and suggest wines and trips in the area.
We weren't blown away with the area but maybe the weather put us off.
Instead we preferred to relax in our beautiful room(we upgraded and it had a little lounge area). Always great to have English tv programmes on the telly. We were surprised by other establishments who scrimped on this in France.
The food is great and we ate all our meals in. Great chef and wine selection superb.

Room Tip: All rooms looked good.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Vancouver
Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

I am a frequent traveller and stay over 50 room nights a year around the world, at 4 and 5 star hotels. This is my first review... Ever... Because quite simply, La Villa is worth it.

Everything is as it should be. The pool, the service, the amenities, the beds, the decor, the dinner (do it), the complimentary bfast, the terrace(s), the wine advice and the dinner reservations.

The hosts are Chris and Nicola... Two sensational people.

This was our 5th stay and it won't be our last. I am caught doing a quick stopover at La Villa from yvr to JFK (any excuse and that's a bad one).

Do yourself a favour. Stay here.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ryanbenn
Camberley, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 13, 2014

Stayed at this hotel with some girlfriends (May 14) for 4 nights and had a fabulous time. Stunning hotel, amazing food and excellent choice of wines. The owners were incredibly helpful and made the stay for us. A great choice for relaxing in beautiful surroundings and experiencing the real Italy. The hotel has been renovated to a very high standard and I'd definitely recommend staying there. Can't wait to go back!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank dawn r
Crowthorne, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 13, 2014

Wow what a gem of a hotel! If you are looking for a place to chill out and recharge the batteries I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough. From the moment you arrive, the hotel owners, Nicola and Chris Norton make you feel very welcome indeed and cannot do enough for you, any request they will try and accommodate. I was fortunate enough to have a look around the hotel and see the 14 bedrooms and each and everyone is light and airy with its own unique decor done in a very stylish way. It is very much a boutique hotel. By day you can lounge by the pool that have 360 degree views of vineyards - its beautiful and in the evening you can eat at the hotel and try some amazing food and taste fine wines.

I plan to go back again as I love the hotel, atmosphere & service is brilliant.

I cannot recommned this hotel enough - go plan a trip and experience this for yourselves!

Room Tip: I could not pick a room as they are all lovely - if you willing to pay a little extra I would sugges...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mombaruzzo
Residenza San Vito
#1 of 1 in Benevello
Castello di Guarene
Castello di Guarene
#1 of 3 in Guarene

Been to La Villa Hotel? Share your experiences!