“Very helpful and Friendly”

Panorama Palace Hotel
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Meta
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Very helpful and Friendly”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I can't see why any one would leave a negative review about this place, having toured all around Italy staying in numerous hotels I enjoyed this one the most. You could feel it was family run and had a nice aura to it.
View is breathtaking and only 5 minutes walk from a lovely beach where there are both pebbles and sand depending on which side you choose to go.
Loved being able to go to the hotel bar at night relax whilst watching the cruise ships come into harbour.
We hired a scooter from Sorrento and is a great way to get about the city and not too expensive at all.
Would highly recommend this hotel and I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Mark B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
Dunbartonshire,Scotland
Reviewed September 30, 2012

We have just had a week in this hotel which is only a two star not 4 star. Its redeeming feature is the beautiful view .Overall we felt a real lack of hospitality.
The breakfast was the poorest looking we have ever had on our 9th visit to Italy.
The hotel was more than 3 kms from Sorrento and in the late into the evening very noisy with some young disrespectful Italian teenagers racing around on motorbikes and gathering around in the small area in front of the hotel. It seemed like a racing track.!!! It was anything but peaceful! It was a shame because the Hotel has so much potential. But is remote from Sorrento itself where there is so much going on.

Room Tip: Whatever you do choose another hotel that would be our honest opinion. We had a sea view but was so...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Meta hotels

Moscow, Russia
Reviewed September 21, 2012

I've stayed in this hotel at the end of June - I've been on a tour across Italy with 6 days at Tyrrenian coast, and unfortunately we had to stay at this so-called hotel.
First of all, there are no real stars there! I guess, the hotel isn't even certified at all.
They don't even have the "stars" on the building. And, of course, we noticed this lack of stars by ourselves.
The hotel staff was not friendly - that's for sure! Most of personnel don't even speak basic English, so we had to explain everything with gestures. That's absolutely unacceptable for a "4**** hotel".
At first we were placed in a room on the ground ("-1") floor, where everything was too damp: walls, beds, bed lining etc. And the window was always closed, because when you open it you will see tables with people sitting in the inner yard!
Certainly, we had to complain and finally we were transfered to another room - with a view on the swimming-pool.
Breakfasts were so bad, that on the third day we decided not even to wake up for them. Everyday breakfast contained the same [--]: not fresh piece of bread, jam, one (!) slice of strange ham, a cup of very bad coffee, a glass of not natural juice and a croissant (not always).
Housekeeping was also bad: maids didn't even care of taking the garbage away and didn't even change our soap daily, the bed lining wasn't changed even once (!) during 6 days.
The only good thing about this hotel is the view on the seashore from top of the roof, where beach chairs are.
Summary: totally bad! I'll never come back there again!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Anton M
Foster City, California
Reviewed September 13, 2012

The only thing good about this hotel was the Beautiful view, the room was large but simple and basic, the beds were so hard. The service was not friendly, the breakfast included was ok. It is a 15 minute drive to Sorrento and They cater mainly to large senior groups.
I would definitely get a hotel in Sorrento, so much easier to walk to the square and go back for dinner and the nightlife.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank spalady50
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed July 29, 2012

This seems to be a hotel that mainly aims at large groups, possibly mostly from schools. Lots of rooms, and those groups often crowd the sitting area near reception. Perhaps one reason for the number of the rooms is how small they are - room for twin beds and the bathroom, but not much more. The rooms are basic - old equipment (eg TV), and no frills at all.

The pool is a plus, and thankfully quiet (maybe everyone goes to the beach).

Internet is free, but only available in the lobby and with patchy coverage there.

Food was pretty ordinary - we only bothered with breakfast.

Unfriendly front desk, they almost seemed like they didn't want us to stay.

We're not big fans of Meta either, but I guess that's not the hotel's fault. Nowhere to park (outside of the hotel's garage), streets too narrow, too far to get down to the beach but not worth the walk anyway...

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank birdmanlondon
Saint John, Canada
Reviewed July 11, 2012

I stayed in this hotel only once last year. After reading so many bad reviews, I felt the need to add my own review and how pleased I was with my experience. I had trouble with a calling card and the lady as the desk was very friendly and helpful, regardless of a difficult language barrier. The room was absolutely lovely and charming (perhaps I have different standards than so many of these people do) and very clean. Breakfast and dinner were all wonderful. I had no trouble sleeping, at all--in fact I thought the beds were quite comfortable. I remember being very pleased with the sleeping situation, and the rooms were very spacious compared to the hotel I had stayed in the previous week. The location was absolutely breathtaking, I couldn't have asked for a better one and my friends and I went down to the shore and the locals clapped for us and took pictures when we went swimming. As Canadians, it was warm for us :)

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank HollyMS
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed June 17, 2012

I cannot begin to explain our family's severe disappointment with this hotel. The staff, to start, are incredibly rude and do not provide any amount of guest service. Just now I asked if the air conditioning worked, it was almost 90degrees today, and I got a "No." When I asked for the code to use the free wifi at midnight, because that is daytime in the US, the concierge rudely told me it was too late. The rooms are disgusting. We paid to sleep on cots. The towels are oversized napkins, and when we requested a couple more, once again the staff replied with an abrupt No. Absolutely ridiculous.

The location might look pretty, and it is, but it is also a 50$ cab ride into sorrento-each way. This wouldnt be a problem if there were any sort of restaurant located by the hotel, however, there is only one and it is disgusting. We ate dinner at the Panorama tonight, simply because we didnt want to take the 45min and $50 ride into the city, and the food was absolutely HORRIBLE. Such an immense dissappointment.

Overall, no one on earth should pay to stay at this place. I would understand some of the missing ammenities if the staff had even begun to apologize for them, however, they are incredibly rude. We are requesting a full refund from our travel agent because it is so bad here. DO NOT stay here.

• Stayed June 2012
3 Thank rjdancer
Also consider these accommodations in or near Meta
Mar Hotel Alimuri
Grand Hotel Moon Valley
Grand Hotel Flora
Grand Hotel Flora
#54 of 100 in Sorrento

Been to Panorama Palace Hotel? Share your experiences!