“Spectacular, Relaxing Time Despite the Tropical Storm”

Royal Davui Island Resort
Fairfax, Virginia
“Spectacular, Relaxing Time Despite the Tropical Storm”
Reviewed January 13, 2009

I just returned from spending seven days at Royal Davui for my honeymoon.

The entire stay at Roya Davui was spectacular. The staff was extremely friendly and did everything they could to pass the time during a Tropical Storm from cooking demonstrations, trivia games, Cyclone "Chris" Party, and other fun.

The only transportation to the island is either via helicopter or boat. We opted for flying out via helicopter and departing via boat/car. The helicopter ride was a fun way to see Fiji from air. Island Hopper found us at the airport, took us to their terminal, and transported us to the island. We were originally suppose to take the boat back to the main land and then be transported to Nadi via car. Due to the extensive flooding around Nadi, Chris (the manager) recommended that we fly from Suva to Nadi to avoid the flooded roads. He took care of all the arangements for us including booking the flights.

We wound up staying in villa #13 which is your standard villa. We had an awesome view of another island. Work with your travel agent on putting in a request for a certain villa ahead of time if possible. Some villas have better views than others and this has nothing to do with whether the villa is a standard or premium villa.

We were able to take a guided snorkeling tour prior to the tropical storm hitting the Fiji group. The water was crystal clear with a variety of fish, sea cucumbers, an eel, and other marine wildlife to look at.

Right after the tropical storm, we were able to take a zip line tour that Royal Davui set up for us. My wife and I enjoyed it thoroughly as it was only her and I and we were able to go through the course twice.

The food was a culinary delight. There was a wide variety of food choices for all three meals. The seafood seemed to always be the best choice and the soups were oustanding. Be prepared to spend time for each meals as all the food is cooked to order.

The resort offers a lot of activities; however, we were unable to do a lot of them due to the tropical storm. Just be prepared that your options will be limited if you are stuck here during an unusually long storm. We wound up playing a lot of board games and wrote all of our wedding thank you notes. The resort staff managed to come up with several activities to do during the tropical storm to give us something to do since we couldn't go in the water.

Chris and the Royal Davui staff took care of all our needs whether it be a special drink request, ice for my sprained ankle, stuff to help me get over a cold I inherited on the way to Fiji. They went out of their way to help all the guests get to the resort and get back home including finding someone a place to stay in Nadi while stranded there due to flooding and all hotels being booked.

The only negative comment that can be said about the entire trip is about Air Pacific. It has to be one of the worst airlines out there in my experience (I've flown all U.S. carriers and a dozen international carriers). The food was terrible and it was extremely hot both ways to the point that several passengers became sick. I made the mistake not to check my assigned seats when the travel agent made the reservations and unfortunately I was stuck in rows 65/66 which are some of the worse seats in the back of the plane. It was too late to get them changed since the airplane was 100% full (they only have one flight a day). Also, we arrived at Nadi International Airport 4.5 hours to check-in for our flight to find the check-in line halfway down the departure terminal. We waited in line for 2.5 hours to get checked in. There was nobody checking anyone in for the first hour.

• Liked — The food, the isolation, the snorkeling, the staff
  • Disliked — No Fitness Facilities
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank anon00000000006

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Dallas, TX
Reviewed January 3, 2009

When reading reviews on Tripadvisor, I always know to take the negative reviews with a grain of salt because there are some overly critical and negative people out there. I like to think that I am not one of them and hope that my review will help those who are researching destinations avoid a similar experience such as my own.

Island/Property: the island is tiny - you basically walk from one end of the resort (where your room is) to the other end (where the restaurant/pool is) and you've walked the entire width of the island! :) This did not bother me, but it may bother some. It's beautiful...
the grounds are very well kept and there are beautiful tropical plants everywhere. The beach is nice but nothing spectacular. From the reviews I had read, I was expecting a less than average beach, but I was pleasantly surprised to find that it was nicer than I had expected it to be. The pool is a good size. It is not heated (except from the sun) but since we were there during the hotter months, we found the temperature of the pool to be perfectly refreshing. We normally don't even use the pool when we go on vacation, but since we got PADI scuba certified while we were there, we did spend a decent amount of time in this pool. They have a "DVD Room" where you can watch satellite TV or DVDs (they have a small collection you can borrow). There is also a laptop in this room, where you can check your email or surf the internet if needed. The coffee table in this room also happens to be a giant scrabble board; needless to say, we found ourselves playing scrabble on the day it was pouring rain outside :)

Check In: We arrived by boat (though it seemed like most of the guests arriving went by helicopter). After arrival in Nadi, there was already someone waiting outside the baggage claim for us from the transport service. It was about a two hour drive from Nadi to Pacific Harbour and then from Pacific Harbour it was another 30 minute boat ride over to Royal Davui. The weather was clear and sunny and the water was smooth, so we had a nice boat ride over. You can see Beqa island adjacent to Royal Davui, and it's really funny seeing how small it is in comparison. Royal Davui does have a dock, so you don't have to worry about getting your feet wet as you embark/
disembark from the boat. We were greeted at the dock by the general manager, Tony. He escorted us through the "lobby" and up into the Restaurant area where we were given welcome drinks and cool towels to freshen up. We had asked our travel agent, Robin, if she could put in a good word for us before arriving so that they would give us an upgrade from the Deluxe category to a Premium upon arrival. A few days before our departure, Robin called us to let us know that based on their occupancy levels, that we would most likely be able to get the upgrade when we got there. But imagine our surprise when Tony informed us that they weren't upgrading us to the Premium vale, but to the Honeymoon Suite instead! I am not sure if that was because we booked through Robin or if it was just Tony being nice, but either way we really appreciated it! The room was only available for 4 nights, though, but were still upgraded to a Premium vale for our last 2 nights there.

Rooms: The rooms are just as beautiful as they look on the website. The doors in the living room and bedroom open up completely so you get these beautiful views of the ocean/surrounding area. When we arrived, it was about 9am or so, but they let us use one of the open vales to relax, change, and get refreshed while we were waiting for them to get our room ready. I thought that was really nice of them - as one of the things I've frequently read from travelers (just a general comment not specific to this resort) is that they always recommend bringing a change of clothes and a bathing suit in your carry on so that when you arrive at your destination, you can hang out at the beach or pool and relax until you can check into your room. Each room has a mini fridge, coffee/tea, and bottled water available. There is also a cookie jar, filled with yummy homemade coconut shortbread cookies, that was great for afternoon snacks. The vales have beautiful, open floor plans but the bedroom is the only room that has a/c so you have to keep the door to the bedroom shut if you are running the a/c. We were there at the end of March, and were definitely glad we had the a/c available. The bathroom had two separate sinks, a stand up shower, and a separate bath tub. You're provided with all Pure Fiji bath products - hand soap, bath soap, shampoo, and conditioner. When reading the description on the website, I thought that the ceiling over the bath actually rolled out/away to where you had it completely open to the sky. It's actually more like window blinds on the ceiling, where you push the button and the slats tilt open and closed. It's still a beautiful feature and was incredibly romantic. There's a small closet in the bathroom with enough room for the both of you to hang at least a few things (maybe 5-6 hangers per person), as well as a safe for your valuables and an umbrella in the event that it rains. They also provide woven beach bags and beach towels so you don't need to bring your own. There was some mild mildew present in the shower, but otherwise the rooms were very clean. Each room has a private plunge pool that is nice for a refreshing dip in the afternoon. They're not heated usually, so it the water temperature was quite cool. The manager said that during the cooler months, they do put heating units in them, but only to bring the temp up a little to make it bearable - it's never like warm bath water or anything.

Staff/Activities: In general, we found the staff to be nice and friendly, but did not feel like they went above and beyond for the guests. I would say that they were on par with most other resorts - we just weren't "wowed" by them, as you might expect for a five start resort where you are paying a premium. If you asked them for something, they were happy to oblige, but they didn't seem very attentive. The staff at the Marine Centre was great - the rates at the resort include kayaking, hobie cat sailing, and snorkeling. All of those activities are arranged through their Marine Centre. There's a waterfall trip that we didn't go to since we were going to Qamea the following week and knew that the Bouma waterfall was probably better. There's also a picnic lunch you can do where they take you over to Beqa island and you can have lunch over there, enjoy the beach, and snorkel over there. We didn't do that either but did speak with one of the guests that did who said that the snorkeling off the beach at Royal Davui was better. There's also a village tour you can do over at Beqa but again - we saved that for Qamea because we were trying to devote most of our time at Royal Davui towards getting scuba certified. One thing that is a must do is the sand spit (though this is not included in the nightly rates - it's $50FJD per couple). They take you out on a 15 minute boat ride at low tide to a beach (sand bar) that is only there at low tide and set you up with beach chairs and an umbrella and you can have a picnic breakfast, lunch, or dinner (depending on the tides). I thought that they left you there by yourselves and then came back to pick you up after a few hours but when we went, the staff member just hung out on the boat and waited for us until we were ready to go. He stayed out of the way and was very unobtrusive, so we didn't mind at all. We did bring snorkel gear out there with us and the snorkeling was just so so. We did see a puffer fish out there, though, so that was cool. The sand there was so white and the waters so blue, it really was picturesque. They are only supposed to take one couple per visit to the sand spit, so make sure that you reserve your spot as soon as you arrive so you don't miss out on it. This was where we ran into one of the many problems with the service there - on our first day of arrival we made arrangements to go to the sand spit on a particular day and we were trying to work around our diving certification schedule. Well, apparently there was some kind of miscommunication because they ended up booking another couple to go at the same time as us. It even says on their board in the Marine Centre "only one couple per day" for the sand spit, but somehow they still managed to overbook it. We didn't really want to go with another couple, so we ended up rescheduling it, but that seemed like something that shouldn't happen when you're paying so much to stay somewhere.

Food: Breakfast was always the same. They would start you off with fruit juice and a plate of pastries and yogurt. Then there was a set menu (the same each day) where you could order either hot or cold breakfast. They offer the usual - eggs, french toast, pancakes, oatmeal, etc. The portions were a bit on the small side, so I started asking for larger portions or just ordered 2 different things for breakfast, and they happily obliged. Lunch was usually the option of 2 appetizers, 2 entrees, and 2 desserts (though they call their appetizers "entrees" and their entrees the "main"). Dinner was the option of 2 appetizers, 3 entrees, and 2 desserts. There was usually a meat option, a seafood option, and a vegetarian option. The two dessert options always included something sweet and then it alternated between either a fresh fruit plate or assorted cheese and crackers. My husband didn't really care much for their breakfast, but I thought it was good. I really enjoyed the pancakes and the french toast they served. Lunch and dinner were always excellent. Some meals were just good and others were great, but overall I was really happy with the quality and selection of the food there. Our main complaint with the restaurant there was the service. You could ask them for something and they would either forget about it altogether, or they would take forever it bring it to you. My husband ordered a latte at breakfast one morning and still had not received by the time we finished our entire breakfast (30 minutes later). On several occasions we'd order something at lunch that included french fries.... knowing that the tiny bit of ketchup they serve with it wasn't enough for us, we'd request extra ketchup at the time we placed our orders. When they brought our food out, there was no extra ketchup as requested, and when we reminded them of it, it still took quite a while (towards the end of the meal) before it was brought out to us. They always ask you if you want fresh cracked pepper on your food when they serve the plates. One one occasion, we asked for it and our server went to go grab the pepper shaker, and then stopped half way to our table to talk to one of the other servers. She stood there for several minutes chatting with the other server while we were sitting at our table, waiting for pepper before starting our meal. We have traveled extensively to many different parts of the world and understand the concept of "island time" or "Fiji time," but when you are paying so much per night to stay at a resort, you expect a certain level of service. It wasn't just us either - we spoke with several other guests who were staying there, and they had all had similar problems w/the food service while they were there so I know it was not just us.

Spa - unless they make major changes any time soon, do not waste any of your money here. Our travel agent gave us two free 50-minute massages there and it was such a waste. First of all, they only have one therapist working at a time, so you can't do a couples side by side treatment. Second, I highly doubt that the therapists (they only have two total) have any training whatsoever. It was literally one of the worst massages I have ever had. We spoke with three different guests who all said that they were grateful that the therapist mistakenly stopped at 30 minutes (instead of the 50 minute session they had) because it was so horrible they just wanted it to end! I think that at one point, the therapist even stepped away from the table, picked up my watch from table (w/o my permission) to see how much time was left in the session. To top it off, instead of typical, relaxing spa music playing in the background, she had the radio tuned into a local Fijian station! Not my idea of relaxation by any stretch of the imagination....

Our major complaint with this resort is with the service/upper management and owners of the Resort. On the surface, they seemed to care because part way through our trip I mentioned some of the problems we were having w/the manager and he was nice enough to send us a card thanking us for the feedback, along with a complimentary bottle of champagne. We had other problems besides what was mentioned above, though. One of the reasons why we booked our vacation here was because they had a "Treat Me Right" Package that essentially made the rooms approximately $600US/night instead of the $1000 or so that is listed on their website. Our package included full PADI Open Water Certification as well as a 2-tank dive for each of us. We knew that it was going to take several days to get certified, so we spoke with the Dive Instructor as soon as we arrived to figure out our schedule. We started some of the book reading our first day there, and our first pool instruction the following day. The instructor was very nice, very knowledgeable; we felt totally comfortable learning from him. When we wanted to push to get more done in one particular day, he happily accommodated us. Unfortunately, he became sick while we were there. Now, we totally understand that stuff like this happens and it's out of everyone's control, but he told the General Manager, Tony, about this as soon as he realized he wasn't feeling well, and the manager made no attempt to find a replacement for him until several days later. We wouldn't expect them to find a replacement immediately, but as it happened, the weather took a turn for the worse, and we lost about 1.5 days due to inclement weather. That should have been plenty of time for them to find us another instructor - but they didn't. They waited until the weather was nice again, and for the instructor to tell them that yes, he still wasn't feeling well. First they told us that they were going to try to find another instructor. Then they told us that they weren't able to find someone, but that our original instructor was feeling better so he was going to finish up the course with us. So we waited for them to go pick him up from the neighboring island of Beqa (where he lives), only to find out that they dragged the poor man out of bed just to have him tell us in person that he isn't feeling well enough to finish the course for us! He had even gone to the hospital he was feeling so poorly, and yet here the management was making him come there just to tell us that. For those who don't know, Royal Davui is next to Beqa Island as well as Pacific Harbour on the mainland. It is known for its shark encounter dive - so there are tons of divers and dive instructors in the area. We find it hard to believe that they were unable to find anyone in the area who could have finished our PADI certficiation for us - we speculate that they just didn't want to spend the money to do so. Well anyway, we understood that the instructor was ill so we just politely asked him how we would finish the certification. He told us that we could finish it over at Qamea, since we were going there next. We brought up the fact that we had already paid for certification at Royal Davui, and did not want to pay again at Qamea. So he said he would talk to the manager about it - he left the room for a few minutes, came back, and assured us that he had spoken to Tony (the manager) about it and that the arrangements would be made for us to finish up our certification at Qamea at no additional charge. We then asked him what paperwork we needed to bring with us to prove how far along in the certification process we had come (we had completed the coursework, taken the test, and finished all the pool coursework, along with 1 open water dive). He told us that all we needed was our dive book, and that if there was anything else that Qamea needed, they could just call him and he would verify it. That didn't really seem right (or logical) to us, but since we were new to the whole PADI certification, we just went along with it. Well, of course when we arrived at Qamea, Richard (our wonderful Dive instructor), informed us that what we had wasn't even enough for us to get in the pool w/tanks! LOL Apparently there is official paperwork that needs to be filled out for a "referral" case such as ours, and they had not taken care of any of that for us. So the folks at Qamea had to call Royal Davui to get it all straightened out. They couldn't even get a straight answer or speak to the appropriate individuals by calling the main number... luckily Qamea's manger, Darren, had Tony's cell phone number so he was able to call him directly and speak with him about it. Apparently even though we were told that arrangements had been made for our certification to be covered at no additional charge, no such arrangements had been made. Furthermore, the owners of Royal Davui did not want to cover those costs!! Even though we had already paid for them!! It took a lot of work on the part of the Qamea staff to get it taken care of, but eventually they did cover those costs. It was truly annoying that (1) they had not made the promised arrangements and (2) they had not just automatically covered those costs despite the huge inconvenience they had caused us by delaying our certification. Well, the folks at Royal Davui finally got the appropriate paperwork filled out for us to finish our certification - except what they faxed over didn't even have our names filled out!!! So, Qamea had to call them back and ask them to fill everything out properly and re-fax the paperwork. We lost half a day of our vacation waiting for all of that non-sense to get straightened out.

Overall, Royal Davui is a very beautiful, secluded resort, but the problems we had with the management and staff there did not make it worth it. My husband said that he was more stressed than relaxed his first week in Fiji. Not only did we not get our PADI Certification at Royal Davui, but we were unable to go on all the tours at Qamea that we had originally wanted to go on because we had to spend the time finishing up our PADI certification instead. We would not recommend it to anyone else, as Qamea far exceeded any of our expectations. The lower category rooms at Qamea aren't as nice as the ones at Royal Davui, but they are a much greater value and if do you want something just as nice, then splurge for the Premium Villas at Qamea (they're about the same price as Royal Davui anyway). In summary, it's a beautiful resort in the middle of paradise, but the service was nothing near what you would expect from a place that charges over $1000US per night. If you're looking for a better value, check out my review of Qamea Resort and Spa.

• Liked — seclusion, luxury accommodations
  • Disliked — poor service
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
22 Thank yalie2001
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed December 10, 2008

Having traveled a lot we went to Royal Davui with high expectations. We booked 10 nights for our honeymoon and decided later to also have our wedding there. This was the right decision, it was a magical place to get married. They organized everything perfectly. I could not have imagined such a romantic, laid back, stress free wedding, in the most beautiful surrounds. The staff really went above and beyond for our wedding making it the most special day.

In the time between our booking and arrival the management of the island changed, with a few changes to the way some things ran. For instance we stayed overnight in Nadi after our flight in order to get the early transfer to pacific harbor and the resort. We found out later that the land a boat transfers were no longer really scheduled but organized to meet or drop off guests as they needed for flights etc…which was great for us as we had to leave early on the last day to make our flight. Steven and Brandon the new managers were always around to help out. Steven especially went the extra mile to make sure everything was running along smoothly and loved to talk to the guests over happy hour at the bar.

The staff always have a friendly “bula”, and are genuinely interested in your time there. They also play some mean beach volleyball. Sometimes there were a few mistakes, or communication issues and the service does run on “Fiji time” but their generous and friendly manner far outweighed the small issues.

The island is really small, and the only other guests we meet there were other couples, mostly on honeymoon and from Australia and America. The only time you see the other guest is during meals and evening cocktails at the restaurant and sometimes around the main pool. Each villa is very private. We initially stayed in Villa 5, which is outstanding with magnificent views of the fringing reef and islands. The deck is a perfect place to watch the sunset into the ocean. The plunge pool also had a great view and the water was always warm. The villa is very private and is set up on the rocks above the beach and reef. For the last night we stayed in villa 2 which was a slightly different layout, and set in a more leafy surround, still with views out over the reef to the horizon. The snorkeling and kayaking around the island is great with healthy coral with heaps of fish life. ?And the trip out to the sandbar is not to be missed, book before you get there to make sure you don’t miss out.
The food we had on the island was also really high quality with a different menu for lunch and dinner every day. And always with fresh seafood and vegetarian options. And the staff had no problem at all with off menu requests. The breakfast menu had more choices than we could get through in the 10 days we stayed. And the cocktails and tropical fruit punch were really superb. Royal Davui really is the most relaxing and beautiful place we had ever stayed. It was first class but not pretentious. It feels like it is a million miles from the rest of the world. You can’t help to let time melt away. Royal Davui will be in our hearts forever and I really was sad to leave that isolated little paradise.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — professionalism
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
4 Thank eurobarbie
New Jersey
Reviewed December 9, 2008

Royal Davui is a wonderful place. In short, if it wasn't for the fact that the food became almost inedible the last 3 days of the trip it would have been perfect.

The villas are immaculate. Cleaning staff in our villa were in our room while we were at breakfast and gone before we returned. We never saw them. Beds were comfortable and the silence, sans the clicking of the odd gecko (harmless...) and the surf, was deafening.

The activities were also very, very good. The staff at Royal Davui is almost too friendly. Being an east coaster, it took some getting used to but after about two days...I realized the Fijian staff were being truly genuine. The Fijian staff are gems... Martin, Mini, "Charlie", Li (the bottle opener...STOP THAT LI!) and the dining staff were perfect. Sailing, snorkleing, kayaking, the Waterfall trip, the Zip Line trip (HIGHLY RECOMMEND) were all fantastic too. Fishing wasn't too successful but that was due to the equipment, which was old and kept failing. Li, the captain of the boat, was great. Again, Li, stop opening beer bottles with your teeth.....

The food.....where to begin. The first five days the food was excellent or better. It was light, sophisticated, flavorful, and fresh. Breakfast, which is a standard menu that doesn't change, lunch, which changes day to day, and dinner were all something to look forward to..in fact, we did. Until the rotation of chefs....The last three days the food was dreadful. It was heavy, butter soaked, fried, battered, clumsy, and not what we had the first 5 days.... Chris, the interim manager, advised us that the resort was aware of the disappointing food and was working to correct it...however....it didin't change while we were there...what a shame.

The atmosphere was relaxed, informal, and still gave an air of exclusivity. There were less than 20 guests on the island at any one time. It was particularly fun during the hermit crab races and the kava ceremony. You'll see....

All in all, I'd say it was a 4 star out of 5. The food, if I were to rate it, was a 3 out of 5 because the last three days were so bad.

But, go there for a honeymoon! You'll have a great time, make friends, and enjoy your stay very much.

P.S. Stop at the duty free shop and buy your own booze. The resort doesn't charge for soft drinks and mixers (club soda, soda, "lemonade" or Sprite, and tonic water) but the liquor can be a bit cost prohibitive.

CHRIS! I hope you straightened out that chef!! (don't fire him...just educate him)

Anyway, Bula Vinaka to Royal Davui and Isa Lei!

• Liked — The staff
  • Disliked — The food over the last three days....
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
12 Thank DebtorGetter
Davui_Marketing, Director of Sales & Marketing at Royal Davui Island Resort, responded to this review, December 10, 2008
Hi Guys,
Welcome home, I hope your long trip home went smoothly.
Not to worry, the new chef is not going to be fired, he just needs further guidance - something that our head chef is going to be working on.
Like we discussed on the island, we are moving away from the heavy fried stuff and keeping the menu lighter and more sophisticated.
Next time you come back to the island I'm sure you'll give it a 5 out of 5.
Vinaka
Chris
Gosford
Reviewed November 28, 2008

Small, intimate and unique. We have stayed at many resorts, and this one is at the top of the list for privacy and relaxation. The Villas are the best appointed we have stayed in...quality inclusions, and great style...loved the bathrooms and deck.

Don't stay here if you don't like the person you come with...this island is ALL about being together...with no TV..who needs it? Don't come here is you are disabled...there are too many stairs and steep slopes walking around the island and down to the beach as the villas are perched up off the beach. That gives great views and privacy, but means you have to walk down to the sand. Don't come here if you need a lot of exercise..the beaches are not long enough to walk up and down,(more like little private coves)and there is no tennis court or gym...DO come here if you like sleeping, reading, swimming, snorkelling, eating, and being naked in you own villa without worrying about privacy!! Balmy breezes in Villa 6 meant we slept on deck till 2am, no mossies! Plunge pool was great. The restaurant is like a huge treeehouse, with many different places to put a table away from other guests. The mocktails were great, and at no extra cost we had 4 a day! Food was small in protions meaning with three course meals three times a day, we didn't feel stuffed. The dinners were much better than the brekkies and lunches..but all fine. Bit disappointing that the brekafst menu was the same every day....lacked surprise value. Service was friendly but definitely Fiji time...took about 2 hours a ameal..but we weren't in any hurry.

We LOVED the place..and would definitely return if there weren't so many other nice places in the world to explore!!!

• Liked — Villa Privacy
  • Disliked — Nothing- it was perfect.
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with friends
2 Thank Estelle1Gosford
Grand Rapids,MI
Reviewed September 23, 2008

We enjoyed an incredible stay at Royal Davui in August of 2008. We spent our time in Vale #2 which received plenty of sun and gave us some incredible sunsets in the plunge pool. The meals were excellent with excellent seafood, delicately prepared and never too heavy. Most certainly fare that would be expected at a five star restaurant. We took the opportunity to go diving on several occasions. After diving on the Great Barrier Reef the week before, we were blown away by the coral and underwater life in the lagoon which far exceeded that which we saw beforehand. Don't miss the shark dive! The dive staff were extremely friendly, attentive, and you will never be out with more than four divers (compared to 40 in Australia). Transfers to and from the airport were flawless (we took the land route), but be sure to give yourself plenty of time when leaving to make it through the very slow moving lines at the airport (it took us an hour and a half to check in). The managers were extremely friendly and were attentive to every need, we thank them for accommodating us during our last day there. Be sure to reserve the sand spit lunch, as the view is extraordinary. We will definitely be returning to the island!

• Liked — Attention to detail, fantastic food, amazing location
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
3 Thank dobber4uf
Dubai
Reviewed September 22, 2008

By far the most relaxng and amazing trip.
we went here for our honeymoon and enjoyed every moment.

Truly very relaxing and the most amazing hospitality you can get.

The meals were fantastic each better than the next. The team catered to our every whim and facy and made us feel like we were home.

You must try the Big Fish Encounter suba dive, truly one of the best dives i have done with more Marine Life then anywhere in the world!

The only complaint lack of sun beds by the pool but then Martin and his team ran to the room and brought it down near the pool.

Love it.. GO there!

• Liked — no better place to kick back and just rest and relax
  • Disliked — the linens werent clean or changed enough
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
#8 of 9 in Sigatoka
Wellesley Resort Fiji
Wellesley Resort Fiji
#2 of 3 in Korolevu

Been to Royal Davui Island Resort? Share your experiences!