Royal Davui Island Resort, Fiji
Beqa Lagoon Resort(Beqa Island)
$257
$245
Orbitz.com
  • Beachfront
Nanuku Auberge Resort(Pacific Harbour)
$636
The Pearl Resort(Pacific Harbour)(Great Value!)
$195
HotelsClick
  • Breakfast included
Uprising Beach Resort(Pacific Harbour)(Great Value!)
$85
$73
Agoda.com
Waidroka Bay Resort(Korovisilou)
$133
$130
  • Pool
Wellesley Resort Fiji(Korolevu)(Great Value!)
$142
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
Crusoe's Retreat(Coral Coast)(Great Value!)
$107
$78
Hotwire.com
  • Breakfast included
Mango Bay Resort Fiji(Sigatoka)(Great Value!)
$70
$55
$292
Naviti Resort(Korolevu)
$126
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsroyal davuiplunge poolour honeymoonfishlunch and dinnerother gueststhe managerspacific harbourwelcome songshark divenadi airportvillage visitsand cayhappy hourkava ceremonyheaven on earthlow tide
Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

Arrange a week here and you will relax, recouperate, enjoy and experience the happy Fijian hospitality, good fresh modern food and the seclusion of a private small island.

You can swim, go fishing, picnic on your own private sandy cay or just do nothing. Villas are spacious and private. Its not a gated resort .... its a truly beautiful little Fijian island. Michael and Ange were great hosts .... spoil yourself. We did and we didn't regret a minute.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank David B
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We came here on a pre cruise stay for 3 days and 3 nights. Bare Necessities travel booked the whole resort for that time period. It was everything we hoped for and more.
The resort staff are the sweetest most enjoyable people I have ever had the pleasure of experiencing.. We still have one more day and night left on our stay here . I'm kicking myself for not coming a few days earlier .
The Food is delicious . I don't really drink but from what I can see the drinks are good, at least the people having them seem to enjoy them..
The snorkeling around the island is really nice. They have scuba diving trips just about whenever you want to. The Kayaks,Hobie Cats and paddle boards are all included. However other than the snorkeling we have just been laying on the lounger at the beach and pool.
This one is definitely on our list to do a Revisit soon...

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Redlin7280
Reviewed May 12, 2014

We spent 5 days here on our honeymoon, and it was everything we could have asked for. Perfectly relaxing, slightly glamorous, luxurious. Before leaving, I was slightly concerned about the food and the (potentially) limited menu – I'm not much a fan of seafood (really a shame, I'm sure its unmatched there for a seafood lover!), so I wasn't sure I would have many options. My concerns were all for naught – the menu, day after day, was perfect. Everything that came out of the kitchen was delicious and there were plenty of options to suit anyone's taste.

There were plenty of activities on the island, although my husband and I are too fair-skinned to lounge on the beach all day, so we scheduled a few day trips through the hotel to mix things up. "Happy hour" in the evening, and the nighttime entertainment made for a really nice "community" atmosphere.

It was a wonderful trip, and a beautiful resort. I would recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 11, 2014

We decided to splurge on our honeymoon and travel to Royal Davui for 10 nights; and were we glad we did!
From our initial enquiry to landing back home again after our honeymoon, we were looked after perfectly. Any queries we had during the booking process were handled quickly, efficiently and with friendly service - which is some feat considering I was very anxious about it running smoothly and asked a myriad of questions!
Not being such a great flyer, the light plane trip to the harbour was a bit scary for me, but in hindsight was a great experience. The views during the speedboat ride were breathtaking, like we were motoring away from the real world and straight into paradise. Even from our first meeting with the marine staff on the boat, we were provided with friendly smiles, towels and chilled bottles of water.
Once we arrived on the island at sunset, we were greeted with a welcome song and those famous cocktails.
From then on, our 10 night stay was a blur of impeccable food, tasty cocktails, days spent at the spa, enjoying water activities, fishing, visiting the village and just generally relaxing in what we are sure is the best holiday we will experience in a very long time.
We would thoroughly recommend it to anyone, and would love to eventually go again (once our account balance recovers!).
Now - if we really had to pick holes in anything (and we would be hard-pressed to do so), we can only think of a few minor things that could have been improved upon:
- The lounge furniture was terribly uncomfortable, and not really fitting to a 5-star resort with a matching price tag. We didn't spend much time in there anyway, but it is something that we noticed.
- We made many friends across the island, but we did notice that the gentleman who took care of the plunge pool would just turn up around the side of our vale; we were glad we didn't happen to be in the nude any of those times!
- The servings of food were too large and very rich; I eventually had to ask them not to serve me any entrees or desserts as the sheer amount of food began to turn my stomach. I often wished there was just a plain food option available, and took to asking just for vegemite toast for breakfast - so make sure you take your appetite and antacids with you!
Other than those tiny, personal-preference things, we honestly had the most magical honeymoon and can't wait to go back in the future.
So if you're trying to decide whether to take a chance on Royal Davui - DO IT! :)

Room Tip: We chose the basic Island Plunge Pool Vale (we had number 6) so that we could spend that extra money to stay longer - and even the basic vale was pure heaven. Don't feel pressured to upgrade, they're all beautiful :)
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank TheMrsCooper
Reviewed May 5, 2014

My new wife and I had our wedding on the island without a hitch, due to the weather we had not even decided were on this beautiful island at 7:30 am. We had planned on a beach wedding but due to the wind & rain for days before we moved it to the northside at the last moment. At 8am we decided to move it to the lovely little hut near the beach on the northside even though the sun came out but the wind was still too strong. The wedding was at 11am and they had arranged and decorated the hut in flowers and palm leaves and made it wonderful. The village choir and Native Warriors to escort my bride to the altar was worth the little extra cost. The staff and management went out of their way to make sure our wedding and stay for the whole 8 days a week will never forget. The food was fantastic and if you are unable to eat seafood like me, they will cook up whatever you want or even supply you your favorite from the last few days if you wish, 3 days of the same desert is not a problem if thats what you want to eat.
We stayed in villa 15 which had views that you would pay millions of $'s to have.
The Plunge pool was a little cool so we just picked up the phone and asked the it be turned up more, nothing was ever a problem and all the staff could not do enough to make you happy, They just want to help you and see a smile on your face, ask and if it is possible they will either do it or arrange it for you. Ask for Ben to take you fishing, it is fantastic. Stertirie at the Bar and Restaurant will look after you and make you feel like Kings & Queens. Jale will mix the best Cocktails and shooters for you. Noemea at reception will make any tour or activity happen, she looked after all our wedding arrangements for us, the wedding was stress free and no bother to us, she was trying even to change the weather for us and she nilly did it even it it was mother nature she had to talk too. We just didn't what to leave, they make you feel like you are Royalty and the only sad thing is Leaving. But your memories last the rest of your life and take lots of photos, like we did and they are happy (more than) to take a few of you as well.
We miss them all so much and it's not only a week since we came home. Many thanks to Mere (Rest/meals), Sonny,Jale & Dui (Marine house), Sparky (of the Kava demo's and songs) and Michael (the GM) and all the rest of the staff for making our Wedding Week such a time we will never forget.

Room Tip: Valla's on the Eastside have great views of the mainland and Beqa Island, a little breezier but it's not a cool or cold wind as it is so tropical. Nothing on the island is far away as the island is so small but you will have time to spend with your lover and make new friends if you wish.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple