We decided to splurge on our honeymoon and travel to Royal Davui for 10 nights; and were we glad we did!
From our initial enquiry to landing back home again after our honeymoon, we were looked after perfectly. Any queries we had during the booking process were handled quickly, efficiently and with friendly service - which is some feat considering I was very anxious about it running smoothly and asked a myriad of questions!
Not being such a great flyer, the light plane trip to the harbour was a bit scary for me, but in hindsight was a great experience. The views during the speedboat ride were breathtaking, like we were motoring away from the real world and straight into paradise. Even from our first meeting with the marine staff on the boat, we were provided with friendly smiles, towels and chilled bottles of water.
Once we arrived on the island at sunset, we were greeted with a welcome song and those famous cocktails.
From then on, our 10 night stay was a blur of impeccable food, tasty cocktails, days spent at the spa, enjoying water activities, fishing, visiting the village and just generally relaxing in what we are sure is the best holiday we will experience in a very long time.
We would thoroughly recommend it to anyone, and would love to eventually go again (once our account balance recovers!).
Now - if we really had to pick holes in anything (and we would be hard-pressed to do so), we can only think of a few minor things that could have been improved upon:
- The lounge furniture was terribly uncomfortable, and not really fitting to a 5-star resort with a matching price tag. We didn't spend much time in there anyway, but it is something that we noticed.
- We made many friends across the island, but we did notice that the gentleman who took care of the plunge pool would just turn up around the side of our vale; we were glad we didn't happen to be in the nude any of those times!
- The servings of food were too large and very rich; I eventually had to ask them not to serve me any entrees or desserts as the sheer amount of food began to turn my stomach. I often wished there was just a plain food option available, and took to asking just for vegemite toast for breakfast - so make sure you take your appetite and antacids with you!
Other than those tiny, personal-preference things, we honestly had the most magical honeymoon and can't wait to go back in the future.
So if you're trying to decide whether to take a chance on Royal Davui - DO IT! :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Royal Davui Island Resort is an exclusive adults-only sanctuary situated in Fiji's spectacular Beqa Lagoon offering a level of Fijian luxury, elegance and privacy not found in today's larger resorts. At Royal Davui Island Resort Fiji, the shell symbolises our invitation for you to come to our island paradise. Just a few guests can be accommodated at Royal Davui, so be prepared for an exclusive and exceptional experience from the moment of your arrival. Here the world-renowned warmth and hospitality of the Fijian people awaits you. Royal Davui Island Resort is an adults only resort, offering an ideal tropical island escape, vacation, honeymoon or wedding.Bula Vinaka! - Welcome to Royal Davui Island Resort Fiji ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, MrandMrsSmith, Priceline, Hotwire, Agoda, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Royal Davui Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Davui Island Hotel Royal Davui Island