“my regular stopover”
Review of Montagu Arms

Montagu Arms
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tandragee
Montagu Arms
Ranked #1 of 1 Tandragee B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 14, 2012

I stay at the Montague Arms about three times a year when i visit my son, daughter in law and grandchildren in Tandragee, i feel like an old friend now and always get a warm welcome and am looked after well, breakfast is excellent and sets me up for the day, will be back in July.

Room Tip: can be a bit noisy on a saturday night but thats what ear plugs are for !!
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank jennyh779

Reviewed November 19, 2011

returned for the second time late october, and nothings changed except the new chineese takeaway/restraunt in pub. We tried it a couple of times and it was excellent. You can either eat in or take the food into the pub, nobody seems to mind. It was open till 1.00am so it you get peckish late on you can get somethhing to eat. The friendly locals and staff were still as friendly and helpful as last time, and we were given the same room as last time which is very large and overlooks the main street. (which can be noisey at times but we didnt mind) Breakfast is huge, and served with pots of tea or coffee and loads of toast, sets you up for the day. As our daughter has moved to Richhill up the road I would imagine we will be paying another visit, probably march next year. Excellent value for money.

Room Tip: If you dont like noise dont get a room above the bar or off licence, go round the back.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank sulynwaite
Reviewed March 31, 2011

Arrived here 7am ish, and shown to a huge room with equally large bathroom, overlooking main street. Basic but clean, new bedding, tea and coffee facs. t.v. cud of done with updating. Web site needs serious update as there is no resteraunt, however breakfast full english spot on. I Asked about food and barman gave us takeaway menus which he had delicered for us and several others over the next 3 days. It was quizz night so bar filled uplater, friday 30th birthday sat, an 18th. Music went on till well into the morning.If u want quiet, dont go. If u like noise, hillarious conversation, the friendliest people ever, a great breakfast and a decent pint, then you will love it as we did. Never felt so welcome by the staff and locals, they lovely. Bar open till last man standing. My daughter has moved to ireland and I will be definately going back there when we visit. Thanks to everyone.

Room Tip: May be quieter at the back of the pub, even
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 30, 2008

My husband and I flew in from the usa to spend 1 week of our honeymoon in tandragee visiting my family in ireland. They booked it for us and we loved it. They served a excellant hot breakfast and it was quiet for the most part as our room was located above the tavern downstairs and the staff was more than friendly. Our room was spaciouse, clean and comfortable especialy for the excellant price. It is overall a very charming safe place located in the middle of the town near a grocery store if you need to run and get a last minute thing u might have forgotten to pack. There is a bar and restaurant downstairs. My husband has never travelled abroad and his experiance left a great impression on him and we always talk of going back soon.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
1  Thank rjordan28

Been to Montagu Arms? Share your experiences!