All reviews ski holiday ski school salad bar short walk child care ski lift great atmosphere hintertux glacier a real gem sauna and steam room wonderful hospitality hundred yards night life friendliest hotel keep coming back indoor play highly recommend this hotel
Reviewed April 5, 2015

My family and three others (16 in total) stayed here for the first week of Easter for skiing - hotel is classic Tyrolean charm and quality - great food and very good hospitality especially from Christian (owners son). The kids club worked well albeit only really open from 6pm and reception were very helpful. Location is perfect for the main lift but a bit of a walk if you want to hit Hintertux. Would definitely stay again.

Date of stay: April 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed March 23, 2015 via mobile

Very nice family hotel with large garden for kids and playrooms in hotel.
Hotel have modern rooms with amazing view to Hintertux mountains.Some rooms have balcony. Amazing food from local production. Good wine and beer. Very receptive (big) owner ask for visitors satisfaction and doing all well.
You will remember on amazing place and hotel...

Date of stay: August 2014
Reviewed March 8, 2015

I spend about a week in this treasure in Austria. First surprise was that they upgraded my room to an junior suite, while I booked a single. Furthermore I felt treated like family. The food was terrific, the staff more than friendly and all facilities were spotless. Austrian perfection in every way. Unfortunately I had to leave earlier than planned, but I will return soon.

Date of stay: March 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed January 30, 2015

I am just back after a five night stay in the Hintertuxerhof and would highly recommend it . I have stayed in many Austrian hotels during the ski season and this serves the best food by far ( the worst being Hotel Mitteregger in Kaprun)
I was travelling with a friend and although we had booked single rooms we were upgraded to doubles on arrival. The hotel wasn't full but it was a nice touch . The hotel is comfortable , very clean and within a few minutes walk to the ski lifts .
I especially commend all the staff for their efficiency, friendliness and service . We were constantly greeted with a smile and nothing was too much trouble . The owner Christian is very much in evidence and this all helps to create a warm , relaxed but very professional atmosphere.
It is a child friendly hotel so highly recommended for families but don't let that put you off if you don't have any ! The food alone is worth it . I would definitely return

Room tip: I was in room 25 - comfort double - and it was spacious and comfortable . It looks out onto the side of the hotel and the road but I never heard any noise .
Date of stay: January 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed January 25, 2015

Our family of 4 (Mom, Dad, 9 year old, 11 year old) had the pleasure of staying at the Hintertuxerhof over the Christmas holiday break of 2014. The location is prime, just a short walk to the ski lift. Shops along the road to rent equipment, eat lunch or dinner, etc. (The hotel provided a discount coupon for equipment rental at one particular shop). Amazing views all around! We were fortunate to have a big snowfall on the day we arrived!!!
Our kids loved the playgroud attached to the hotel. They had a great time having snowball fights from the forts, sliding down the snow covered slides, and going on the zipline and landing in the snow. (I could sit in the glass restaurant or on my balcony and watch the fun!) Great addition!
The food in the restaurant was good. Our stay included breakfast, snack from 3-5, and dinner. My only dislike was that the included dinner was a buffet with limited choices. I am not an adventurous eater (mostly only chicken), and one night it was "game night" with elk, wild boar, etc. I would not eat any of the main course choices. Fortunately, they give a "children's choice", which on that night was turkey, so I had a few bites. There is always a salad bar and a choice of side dishes, so I never went hungry. They do offer a menu option, but it is an extra charge (was not included in our package). The kids did "okay" with the choices - they were bummed that the day we were leaving was pizza & movie night.
The room we had was great for a family of 4. We had a king bed, and the kids had bunk beds. The configuration was a little tight with 4 large suitcases, but perfectly do-able for a few nights.
WiFi was included, and reliable. There is a kids "game room" in the basement - foosball table, some board games, materials for coloring. Not thrilling but the kids played a few games with other hotel guests for about an hour.
Would 100% definitely stay again, and recommend to friends.

Date of stay: December 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Hotel H, Owner at Kinder- & Gletscherhotel Hintertuxerhof, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2015

Thank you very much for your detailed review. We are very happy that you have enjoyed your stay in our hotel. But we also want to excuse the misunderstanding with the dinner. We just have a buffet once a week, except the children's dinner with the nannys is a buffet every day. The other days there is a set menu, sometimes the main dish for choice. If you don't like the set menu or buffet you can of course choose an alternative without an extra charge. We know this was our mistake in communication. Very very sorry for that and we'll do better in future. All the best for you and see you next time. Your Kofler family.