“Good dinner, nice service”
Review of Le Cheval Rouge

Le Cheval Rouge
Ranked #3 of 71 Restaurants in Rambouillet
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 9, 2015

Went there on our last night in France. The food is good and well presented. The service is really nice as well. However, the dishes are what we call safe: nothing out of the ordinary, it's a pity because they have the potential.

1  Thank Ludo-Owen

Reviewed May 9, 2015 via mobile

We had dinner in this restaurant with our 6 mo old who slept through the meal, but I did see another family there with a small child so you could bring children if you like. They did only have I believe one or two menu items for children though. Our food was phenomenal! We both decided to go with the full menu which was decently priced, and got a starter, main and dessert. We had the ceviche and the foie gras, which were both very tasty. For our mains we ordered the duck with berry compote and it came with potatoes, which had mushrooms and bacon in them. Then my husband ordered the steak which was very good and came with a side of potatoes and vegetables. The dessert was absolutely wonderful and a perfect end to this meal! We both had the lemoncello cheesecake. Aside from the food the atmosphere and staff were absolutely delightful and even helped us pair a wine that complemented both of our meals. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

Reviewed March 22, 2015

I found the name of this restaurant in a Rick Steves guide, and invite my Parisian French friends to eat there while visiting the chateaux de la Loire together. I had a riz de veau ( veal brain) that was delicieux! my friend had the foie gras - salade and we all had the best Tarte Tatin you could ever try! I highly recommend this restaurant to you to know what is real french food!

Reviewed December 15, 2014

They have a "Carte/Menu" for 37 euro

We have shared between me and my wife the dishes.
- To start delicious "Foie Gras" and "Raw Tuna", very nice

- Main dish "Beef filet" and "Lote", very nice too

- Desert "tarte fine pomme et rhubarb" and "moelleux au chocolat", may be the best "moelleux au chocolat" I had

The service is very friendly and quite rapid

We drunk a Pineau Noir that was a bit expensive but very nice (33€)

Ask to be seated in the "arm chair area", very confortable

Reviewed November 11, 2014

Our family of 2 adults and 6 year old child had Sunday lunch here recently. We chose from the set menu. The 2 starters of fois gras and poached egg with morelles were generous. I have to agree with another reviewer that the main of ris de veau was mostly pasta. At these prices you expect the main to be as advertised and not loaded with fillers such as carrots (not too many), pasta (quite a lot) and pastry (went well with the food, but more of the main ingredient would be preferable). The café gourmand dessert was very pleasant. The children's menu is limited to burger and sautéed potatoes and two scoops of ice cream for dessert. Drink not included at 15 Euros, so our child's menu came to 20 Euros.