“An unforgetable restaurant”

Cuisines: European
Tel-Aviv
“An unforgetable restaurant”
Reviewed May 10, 2014

We spend a family vacation in Bavaria, Germany - near the Austrian border.
The closest village to us was Scharding (about 10 KM). It's a nice, beautiful village which we couldn't find any recommended restaurant in Tripadvisor.
Walking on the main street we smelled an hypnotic scent from one of the houses.
We entered and were directed to the second floor - there was this beautiful restaurant called Lachinger. The inside is beautiful with a big terrace. We didn't know what to expect, but to our surprise received an English menu (not common in small villages in Austria or Germany..).
The service was attentive and in English - and the biggest surprise was the food!
The food was in one word EXCELLENT ! We are a big food lovers, vacation for us is mainly experiencing food - and I can tell you that this is one of the best restaurants I eat. I have eaten in Miscellen restaurant and this restaurant can surely be in the list.
I ate Lamb Chops with asparagus and vegetables - a great portion, and the most delicious one I ever ate. My partner took salad with chicken breast, which was unusual in the test.
Can't say much about the dessert - only that they were heavenly!! they serve mainly Austrian dessert, which I can say - are very interesting and delicious.
The price is perfectly reasonable !

• Visited May 2014