See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed June 5, 2016 via mobile

The location of the hotel couldn't be better. In the centre of the town and less than 10 minutes walk to the large spa. The town itself it very charming (and, if you're a runner, an excellent place to run) with little cafes dotted around.

Our room had a sofa which was handy, and the shower was good.

However the wifi was unreliable in our room, and when the windows were open you could hear the train going past quite loudly in the evening (our room looked out over the courtyard of the hotel, facing the train station).

Additionally, we were disappointed that we were not offered a VitalWelt card (which gives you 50% off the spa, and which all guests in Bad Schallerbach hotels receive). Thankfully I had read about the card and so when I asked directly for one (the day after we arrived) I was given it. But surely I shouldn't have had to ask?

So and okay place, but could be a lot better.

Stayed: June 2016, traveled with family
Reviewed June 2, 2016

We've been there the second time. First time was about 10 years ago on a motorcycle trip.
We chose the Hotel again because it is in walking distance to EurothermenResort Bad Schallerbach and it has a really good price-performance ratio.
The Family who runs the place is very friendly and forthcoming.
The rooms are not really up to date, but clean and cosy.
Rich breakfast with variety.

• Stayed: April 2016, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 21, 2015

My husband spent just one night while visiting me during my cardio-rehab here in Bad Schallerbach. So far the hotel was fine, clean room, spacious and newly refurbished with a big (glass) transparent bathroom and parking is provided free of charge for guests. It's just a few minutes walk to the Eurotherme, an aqua-thermal complex for people of all ages to enjoy! Can't rate the breakfast tho' since we joined the rest of the family who were billeted at another hotel, but Hotel Stadt Wien has a sweet restaurant, a coffee shop and a side walk cafe that offers snacks and probably the best caramel ice cream I've ever tasted!

• Stayed: August 2015, traveled with family
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Just come back from this hotel after spending 3 nights there on a business trip. The rooms were good, the breakfast, typical continual breakfast also good. The food was perfect and good price beer! the next ho

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Good position ,with a real friendly family owned feeling. Good Austrian type meals and nice rooms. Close to railway station and spa. Breakfasts typical continental with good coffee . Will stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business