See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed May 3, 2014

Room very simple. Heating/cooling did not work. Bathroom über small. Bed uncomfortable. Breakfast was included but was of poor quality. Staff very nice, the only plus. Literally on border. Front and back entrances on different side of Italian customs! Wouldn't stay here again.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank rbhirko
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Small, but clean room, and lovely view over the lake ( at request) . Nice restaurant downstairs, also overlooking the lake. Try a beer about 50 meters to the right. The city is on the borderline switzerland and italy, and you can really notice a differance!

Room Tip: Take the red train to lugano, and a boat back, or the other way around!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 11, 2012

We've been to this hotel during mid April (2012).
The hotel exterior was under construction and the interior is really old and ugly.
The rooms are so small and dated and the WORST two things were - NO heat and NO hot water!
For a 90 Euro room this is an outrage!
When we told the women in the front desk that heating in our room is not working she says that it's because the winter is over... There were 3 Celsius degrees that night...
The location is indeed excellent but this town is boring anyway so it doesn't really matter.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank yuvalkesten
Reviewed May 13, 2008

Right next to the border post between Italy and Switzerland, the hotel's location in Ponte Tresa is alright. Nice views of lake Lugano. The staff were friendly and polite. Overall clean. The room we had could have used some renovating and freshening up though, especially for 95 euros a night. When the people in the next room flushed their toilet it sounded like a waterfall in our room! Also, the towels were more like dish cloths (thin and very small).

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
1  Thank Craig S
Reviewed September 27, 2007

This hotel turned up in my search for a hotel in Lugano. It turns out it is not in Lugano. When I couldn't find the hotel, I called them and told them I was in Lugano and could not find them. They misdirected me to a town an hour away but the hotel was nowhere to be found. I ended up having to pay for and stay in another hotel and they charged me anyway for that night's stay which was not used. It wasted and ruined a full day of my trip.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled solo