“Good for the airport only”
Review of Hotel Sirenetta

Hotel Sirenetta
Reviewed February 28, 2011

We stayed one night at this hotel because our flight was not due to arrive until 11:30 p.m. The hotel was difficult to find because of several roads nearby being blocked. I cannot imagine how we would have done it without our navigational system.

The front desk that evening was rather pleasant and patient with us. There is no complaint there.

The room was just not very nice. It is old and musty and did not appear to have been renovated for years. We were not comfortable and kept telling ourselves that we were only there to sleep. We were able to sleep alright, which was a good thing.

Breakfast was also of poor quality. There was one roll available and fresh squeezed orange juice if you were willing to squeeze it yourself. The rest of the breakfast meats and cheeses were just a poor quality and did not taste very good.

One final note is that Sicily has a problem still with garbage accumulations. Directly outside of the hotel is a huge eyesore. Not sure if the hotel staff could do anything about it but it would not be a pleasant beach stay with the disgusting mess like this.

It is still a good twenty minute drive to the airport. I could not find anything closer. What a shame.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Shannon2007

Reviewed October 5, 2010

Arrived at 01:00 due to flight delay. On arrival staff very friendly and helpful. Room very comfortable and clean. Only problem took over 30 minutes to find the hotel in the dark! Definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jen18064
Reviewed June 2, 2010

I had been in Palermo for less than a day when I realized I needed to run away from the noise and pollution. I was very lucky to find the Hotel Sirenetta nearby, and actually closer to the airport, which will facilitate my flight home. Pietro the owner laughs with me and calls me an "escapee" from Palermo. He has been friendly and helpful from the moment I arrived. The view from my window is unbelievabale. I have a clear 180 degree view of the gorgeous ocean, which changes color throughout the day from a pale blue in the morning to an intense sapphire blue by afternoon, and I hear the sounds of the surf lulling me to sleep at night. From the back door there is a view of a beautiful stone cliffside. It is relaxing just to be here. My room is spacious and comfortable. Bicycles are available for free use in the lobby where there is also internet access (from which I am writing right now!!). I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Stayed: May 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed October 21, 2009

Our room was clean, comfortable and basic. It was very quiet as the area appeared to be more of a summer resort. Only one close by restaurant was open which served decent pizzas and pastas.

The hotel is very close to the Palermo Airport. However, the hotel is tricky to get to. Our GPS got us there with no problem. If you don't have a GPS be sure to have good directions and a map. Allow about 15-20 minutes to to/from the airport.

The hotel was a bit overpriced for the location. But it appears to be the best hotel within close proximity to the airport.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 5, 2009

Whilst I hate to leave negative feedback as a regular trip advisor visitor I felt I must leave some honest feedback for those considering a stay at Hotel Sirenetta.
FOr starters this has to be the only hotel in Italy i have stayed with where they request payment on booking-I now see why as if you see the hotel, meet the staff and see the room you have booked you would most certainly refuse to part with any cash.
The hotel has a general air of Fawlty Towers about it but not in an amusing way unfortunately. Our room was quite something-stank of stale cigarettes and the bathroom was dirty (hair in the sink!!) . In addition directly opposite the hotel was a nightclub and the hotel could certainly do with investing in double glazing as the room practically shook with the beat. When we complained and asked to move rooms the very unhelpful staff suddenly decided they couldn't speak any English...I have to say we left even though we had paid prior to arrival as it just was not worth a sleepless night and showering in a dirty bathroom...

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 10, 2009

Stayed in this hotel for one night at the end of a 2 week tour of Sicily in winter. Based on the reviews I already knew in advance that it would be the least attractive hotel of our journey, but we chose it nonetheless because of its vicinity to the airport and in order to avoid the risk of getting stuck in the totally congested Palermo traffic.

It is indeed not a good hotel. From a distance the building doesn't look too bad, but if you come closer you see that the plasterwork is falling off the walls. Rooms are big but decorated in a very basic fashion, with absolutely nothing to give it atmosphere. The aircon/heater was very noisy and it didn't heat much, so in spite of the cold we had to turn it off during the night. Shower was fine in terms of water pressure and temperature, but again it was basic and without anything to make it look nice.

What was also remarkable is that at the time of our stay (early January) we were the only guests. Of course that in itself is not a problem: it means no noise nuisance from neighbours etc. But it did create a strange and slightly spooky atmosphere, like being part of some horror movie. The area around the hotel is pretty much the same: it's right next to the beach, but every structure that we observed seemed to be falling apart and abandoned.

The only good thing about our short stay was the dinner we had in restaurant Delfino in Sferracavallo, two villages (6 kilometers) along the coast towards Palermo. This place offers a set menu with so many excellent fish dishes that you will fill up completely. A bottle of wine is included in the price. So for those people who like us are on an early morning flight and find Hotel Sirenetta the least bad option in the area: fill up and get drunk at Delfino, and go straight to bed in your hotel.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 26, 2008

We stayed at this hotel purely because we had an early morning flight for Palermo the next day. For that purpose the hotel was in an excellent location and served us well.

I wouldn't stay at the hotel for any other reason. It was slightly odd but I can't quite put my finger on why! Staff were nice and lady gave me good directions to a petrol station to fill up the car but none of the staff had particularly good English.

It was a bit expensive for what we got and the bed was quite uncomfortable.

However, the pool was clean so if you wanted to chill for a few hours by the pool then at least you had the option!

Alright but not great. Feel sorry for the lady below who spent 10 days there! Error!

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
1  Thank Tom P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Isola Delle Femmine
Saracen Resort Beach & Congress Hotel
Saracen Resort Beach & Congress ...
#1 of 3 in Isola Delle Femmine
6 mi away
Hotel Bel 3
Hotel Bel 3
#17 of 98 in Palermo

Been to Hotel Sirenetta? Share your experiences!