Hotel Sirenetta
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Eufemia(Isola Delle Femmine)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 31, 2012

If you like having a tidy beach , nice pool and good personal service, this is for you. Senior Pietro with his staff are so friendly and willing to help you with just about everything. A small hotel is peacefull - nevertheless the beach-bars create some noice in the evenings. No taxis available - the hotel staff is happy to drive you for a few euros. The rooms have seen their best days but serve the purpose. Food in the restaurant is good. Value for money option!

Room Tip: ask for a sea view - even if it costs xtra
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 15, 2012

When you go to Sicily you have to be prepared to face a different behavior, do not expect people to speak English or anything else except Italian. They will probably look like they do not bother trying to understand you or help you but this is the way they are in general.
I had read some very bad review on this hotel but I have to say it just all depends on every individual.
I personally loved my stay in Sirenetta. The swimming pool is great, the beach is so close you can't believe it, there are nice places to eat sea food, pizza... and prices are just crazy (low). You can have a giant pizza for 5 euros! In sirenetta you can rent a bike, 2 euros an hour. The breakfast is fine. If it is not included in your booking they will charge you 5 euros for it. There are fruits, yogourt, cake, coffee...
Also, it is only 10 minutes from the airport. A taxi would charge you 35 euros but you can ask the hotel to get someone to pick you up and they will charge you 25 euros instead.
For those who like going out and dance a bit, there is a nice place called Mambo wine bar, it closes at 4 am and their drinks are well served! You’ll find the Ricco just next to it for sea food (Same owner).
Rooms are equipped with air conditioning which is really appreciated ! They all have a nice balcony, TV, hair dryer and a fridge. Towels and bed sheets are changed every day. Do not expect luxury. Everything is modest but nice. And anyway, you ‘ll probably spent all your time outside anyway !

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Myriam L
Reviewed October 14, 2011

This hotel was a big disappointment, and left a sour taste.
The rooms are standard, a bit sterile and cheap looking, but at least there was a small balcony.
We stayed 2 nights, wich were the last 2 nights of our stay. We tried booking the room from Palermo, which didn't work..The hotels website advertised with low-season prices, 70 euro pr. night.When the internett-booking did't work, we called. Sadly the man answering did'nt speak any english, but we figured out it was avaliable rooms, so we went. The english speaking girl in the reception wanted us to stay 3 nights, as she could then give us an offer of 77,70 euro pr night. We explained more than once, that our flight back home was in 2 days, and that we only wanted 2 nights. She then wanted to charge us 91 euro a night, and it ended at 85. The hole experience was a bit weird. We got no information, there where no hotel info in english. She answered a few questions, but picked up her cell phone, started calling, and turned away!
The hotel restaurant looked like and old school cantine, and as it was empty, we had dinner elsewhere. The breakfast was not in the assigned breakfast aera on the balcony, but moved to the restaurant (no information). The clerk had given us wrong hours for breakfast, which didn't really matter, as we were early. The cappuchino and espresso served is by far the worst coffes I have been served in a long time.The fresh fruit was a basket of rock-hard little pears. The dry, old croissants not good... I could go on, but you get the picture. Really not a good breakfast. The bathrooms where old and worned, with rust and mildew. The street dogs surrounding the hotel kept us awake most part of the nights, the bad bed did'nt help much either. We felt unwelcome and ignored by the hotel staff, with one exception.
Upon check -out. The new clerk informed us the she would have to charge us an additional night, because we should have cheked out by 10, not 12. Again information we hadn't recieved. The hotel owner was also present, the clerk conferred about the matter, and he was blatantly rude. He did'nt even look at us, and just waved at us, like he wanted to remove us from the place. It ended by the hotel charging us 20 euros for the hours between 10-12. The excuse was that they needed the room as it was booked. The fact was that (including us) the hotel only had 3 rooms taken,and so 19 perfectly available room. The last dealing we had with the hotel was when we got back to the hotel 10 minutes to 5, to get our luggage and the taxi we had ordered to 5 o'clock. The hotel manager had cancelled the taxi, and wanted us to take a pivate car wich would cost us 25 euro in cash, he stressed the cash factor hard, and all of a sudden seemed to be able to communicate in english after all!!
So, all in all a really bad stay!! I hope I never have to deal with such people again.

Room Tip: Don't go
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BritaF
Reviewed August 19, 2011

We have just returned from the Hotel Sirenetta and on first glance it looks a lovely hotel surrounded by beautiful flowers and trees but we were slowly made to feel very unwelcome and every day seemed something else went wrong.
On the first day we sat by the pool and were shocked to see people wearing swimming hats in the pool! I made my way into the pool when a untidy older man behind the bar shouted at me in Italian and waved his arms in full view of other guests; I picked up his sign language as he spoke no English that he wanted me to wear a swimming hat and to my shock I had to 'pay' for them - as there were 3 of us I went straight to the reception and made them aware I was not happy about this as I was not told about this when I checked in! I'm not a mind reader! The manager spoke no English but just gave me 3 hats free of charge.
It was not a nice experience going in the pool on your holiday having to put a hat on every time! The manager and the untidy old man made us feel very unwelcome after this.
The pool had a strange smell about it and had broken grids all round so if your foot got stuck it could do serious damage. Also for the 5nts we stayed there the sunloungers and tiles on the ground were never cleaned . The grass around the pool which you had to walk on as it was such a tiny area was unsightly and long, the Manager needs to spend some money on the pool area as it has potential to be a nice area.
Our airconditioning did not work in our room, the manager put a note in their book but nothing was done about it so we asked the next day, we were told to pack our suitcase by the lady on the desk who spoke some English, she said they would move us, we packed up everything and then she said they didn't have a room as nice as the one we had so they gave us a mobile airconditioning unit, no appologies just lots of tutting and huffing like we had caused a problem for them.
To summarise the Manager was not helpful and the untidy old man who walked around with a face like thunder was even ruder and not at all professional person to have working at the hotel (this man seemed to man the pool bar and generally room around like a bouncer, it was very offputting).
The ladies who served breakfast and the resturant men were very nice and always friendly. The food in the restaurant was extremely good and varied.
Get rid of the swimming hats or at least tell people when they check in that they need to have one for the pool, it would save alot of embarressment!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed February 28, 2011

We stayed one night at this hotel because our flight was not due to arrive until 11:30 p.m. The hotel was difficult to find because of several roads nearby being blocked. I cannot imagine how we would have done it without our navigational system.

The front desk that evening was rather pleasant and patient with us. There is no complaint there.

The room was just not very nice. It is old and musty and did not appear to have been renovated for years. We were not comfortable and kept telling ourselves that we were only there to sleep. We were able to sleep alright, which was a good thing.

Breakfast was also of poor quality. There was one roll available and fresh squeezed orange juice if you were willing to squeeze it yourself. The rest of the breakfast meats and cheeses were just a poor quality and did not taste very good.

One final note is that Sicily has a problem still with garbage accumulations. Directly outside of the hotel is a huge eyesore. Not sure if the hotel staff could do anything about it but it would not be a pleasant beach stay with the disgusting mess like this.

It is still a good twenty minute drive to the airport. I could not find anything closer. What a shame.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple