“Fantastic”

Ranked #4 of 80 Restaurants in Isernia
Cuisines: European, Pizza, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Retrogusto offers a variety of grilled meat (black angus, chianina and marchigiana) served with attention to quality and dedication to clients.A great choice of local and international jam (Jamon iberico de Bellota, Prosciutto nero casertano) served with delicious cheese is proposed with the "Tagliere degustazione". In addition to this, of course, a good Italian Pizza.
Reviewed October 17, 2016 via mobile

A lovely restaurant with extremely good food.
A large selection of different types of pizza is available which is very good.
Polite and professional staff.
Would definitely recommend.

Mario D, Proprietario at Retrogusto, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2016

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for the nice words.
We appreciate it and we hope to have you soon again as our guest.

Reviewed August 17, 2016 via mobile

We have been at the Retrogusto restaurant with my family. We asked for a pizza Enzo which is not a standard pizza they have on the menu. This pizza was spectacular. The restaurant is very pretty and the staff very polite.

Mario D, Proprietario at Retrogusto, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2016

Dear Client,
Thanks for the congratulations. We always try to fulfill the needs of everybody.
It is our pleasure we succeded.
I thank you for all and I hope to see you soon again.

Reviewed August 31, 2015 via mobile

Fantastic pizza, I have to go here every time I am in Isernia the steaks look good too, good local wine on menu ottimo!

Mario D, Proprietario at Retrogusto, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2015

Dear Customer.
Thanks for the nice words. We're happy that you come to us everytime you are in Isernia.
Let's go for the steak then, next time.

Thanks, really

Reviewed August 10, 2015 via mobile

We were visiting Isernia we happened for dinner to this gem. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The food and wine - very delicious.

1  Thank Pamela L
Mario D, Proprietario at Retrogusto, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2015

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your nice comment.
It is a pleasure for all of us that you were happy with the service and the food.

Hope to see you soon !

Reviewed July 5, 2015

One of the cardinal rules for finding great food when travelling is: Eat where the locals eat. When we entered Retrogusto and found it filled with Italian families enjoying Sunday lunch I knew we'd found a winner. Even so I wasn't prepared for the complexity of flavours and sheer deliciousness of our meal.

We started off with an Onion Spaghetti (a nod to the local Onion Festival) sitting on a sweet pepper sauce. The dish didn't look like a stand out when it arrived, but after I put the first forkful into my mouth, my eyes popped open and I looked at my husband waiting for him to put this first forkful into his mouth. He just looked up at me and said: "WOW". Each mouthful was better than the one that went before it, and I have to admit that it took all my resolve not to lick the plate at the end of it.

After the pasta dish I couldn't wait for the secondi, a delicious frittata and fresh salad. This didn't top the pasta dish but instead was the perfect followup to the first dish. We ended the meal with a fruit salad of local woodland berries and other seasonal fruit in some sort of light floral broth which was like summer in the mouth.

The service at Retrogusto topped off our delightful culinary experience. Our multi-lingual waitress, Sarah, was incredibly warm and attentive. Even though the place was packed, she took the time to answer all our questions and like every great waitress, noticed little things we needed without being asked. Towards the end of our meal we met the owners, Paola and Fabio, who were making the rounds at every table. They were such a wonderful couple, and we were touched that they took the time to talk to us and welcome us to this beautiful region in their beautifully accented perfect English.

The only regret I had leaving Retrogusto is that we found it at the end of our stay. because it is definitely the type of restaurant that I would love to try over and over again.

Mario D, Proprietario at Retrogusto, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2015

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for the nice words.
They sound like a beautiful music to us and are a great way to goad us to improve more and more.

My brother Fabio and Paola thank you again and so do I!!

Warm regards