Hard to find, but definately worth the effort, this former nobleman's chateau built in the 17th century is set on a hill in a park like estate.
Well located to explore the Swiss and Italian Alps, the Lake District, Milano and Turino, this first class establishment offered us first class service and the finest meal we had during our two week stay in Italy.
The staff were friendly and very helpful, even letting me check my email on their computer.
The rooms were classy and high tech. When we had a small problem with sink drainage, we were upgraded to a suite with an apology. (Of course this was the off season, and the hotel was almost empty).
The most amazing thing was that our room, which sold for over $200 in season, cost us a meager 80 Euro due to a Fall Special, with free parking! We booked direct through the Boscoloweb site at [-]. All staff spoke good to passable English.
Travellers should know that the place is almost impossible to find, so get good directions prior to leaving. Also, the full breakfast at E10 extra was only so-so.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa Porro Pirelli is strategically located 5 km from Varese, and 30 Km from Malpensa, between Lake Varese and Lake Maggiore. This noble mansion built in the XVIII century, is nowdays an exclusive 4 star hotel immersed in a manicured Italian garden and surrounded by a beautiful park with an outdoor pool available to guests during the summer season. The 64 spacious rooms are characterized by antique Asian furniture, which transmit the passion for the Far East that had the Conte Porro, the ancient owner of the villa. Inside, the elegant spaces reflect the original splendor of the villa and offer a privileged setting for meetings, private events and weddings. On the Villa’s premises there is also a small Church. A special mention goes to the hotel’s culinary offer, led by the Michelin starred Chef Emanuele Mazzella, who delights it guests with refined dishes served at the Bistro’ Porro Pirelli, in the ancient eighteenth-century greenhouse in the park, and the new Gourmet Restaurant opening soon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, ACCOR, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Agoda, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Villa Porro Pirelli reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Boscolo Porro Pirelli Hotel Induno Olona
- Boscolo Porro Pirelli Induno Olona
- Villa Porro Pirelli Province Of Varese, Italy - Induno Olona