“Relax in an old Frensh chateau”
Review of Chateau de Lantic

Chateau de Lantic
Ranked #1 of 3 Martillac B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Nice place with stylish bed rooms, very quiet and and ideal for a relaxed business trip or short vacations. Diner was very good with excellent wines from the Bordeaux region. Staff very professional and informal in a good way. Enjoyed my short stay very much.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Chateau de Lantic

Reviewed March 12, 2013

10 great friends (5 couples) shared a wonderful long weekend at the chateau for a special birthday. Christian and Murielle were so helpful and generous that we could not have managed without them. Their beautiful renovation of the Chateau is breathtaking and a true labour of love and the beds are so comfortable we slept like logs. They also hosted a stunning wedding while we were there, the whole family worked tirelessly to make it magical. From the home baked bread for breakfast and the delicious dinner, to the endless telephone bookings they made on our behalf Christian and Murielle could not have done more. I can't wait to go back and try the spa! Next time we will hire a car as taxi's to anywhere for 10 people became a little costly to say the least.

Room Tip: All the rooms are stunning but if you are going for romance the Romeo and Juliet room may be the one...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 21, 2013

I stayed 3 nights at Chateau de Lantic and really enjoyed the time there. Christian and Murielle, the hosts are truly wonderful and friendly people! Coming from out of country and my first time in France, I felt well taken care of.

I arrived very late the first night and found the room to be a bit cold for me. I called the Christian and he immediately brought me an additional heater late at night. Such great service!

The property is beautiful and the room I stayed in was really nice. Surroundings of the location is very peaceful with beautiful scenery. They offered me tour books to borrow and maps of the area. As I did not have a rental car Murielle went above and beyond and gave me rides to Bordeaux city center when she were driving into town herself. I really appreciated it.

The breakfast was very good and offered a lot of options of tasty food and drinks (like artisan bread, juices, cereal, yogurt, etc.).

Christian also got a reliable taxi to take me to the airport early in the morning which was really helpful as I was traveling alone and made me feel safer to have a reliable driver.

Everything is wonderful about Chateau de Lantic. I would definitely come back and stay here again!

Thank you for such a great experience Christian and Murielle!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 7, 2012

I just completed an 8-night stay at the Lantic, and it was just fantastic...stayed in one of the newly redone rooms in the courtyard, which was just as nice as the big suites that overlook the gardens. Christian and Murielle are generous hosts, offering help ranging from advice on dinner and wine chateau to visit, to arranging taxis and ensuring we had everything we could need. The village is only steps away, and Le Pistou is a great place for dinner if the hotel is not serving that night. And the grand cru Chateau La Tour Martillac is a peaceful walk down the lane. The Lantic really is the perfect place to stage Bordeaux wine tourism. I went with three picky fellow travellers and we all left deeply satisfied and ready to return.

Room Tip: Main chateau buildings has grand rooms that overlook the gardens. Courtyard rooms are smaller but mo...
Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank David B
Reviewed September 21, 2012

After a long drive from the UK, we arrived to a warm welcome and were shown to our large well equipped room. After a break beside the pleasant pool, we enjoyed a very well prepared and substantial dinner at a really reasonable rate.Upon understanding my personal interest in the writer Francois Mauriac, the owner helpfully explained how to get to the nearby Mauriac house/museum, and even brought a leaflet to the table containing all the details. Breakfast the following morning was a delight.
A further bonus is the village, which repays a visit. There are two restaurants and a bar in the village, so the longer stay visitor is well catered for.
We shall return.
Miki and Tony Le Masurier

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank TonyLeMasurier
Reviewed August 10, 2012

Stayed for five nights in the family suite which comprises two great bedrooms and a huge lounge.
Paradise for a family with a teenage son.
Beautiful setting and great swimming pool.
Breakfast was fine and we ate twice at night the food was superb, I recommend the domaine de la solitude red wine ,very scummy.
We will return .

Room Tip: Definitely try and book a room on the first floor or go for the family suite if it is available as y...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank greystones123
Reviewed June 30, 2012

Thanks so much to Christian and Murielle for such a wonderful time. The property is simply beautiful and is located in a picturesque little town, Martillac. Only about 20 minutes from the airport and outside the hustle bustle of Bordeaux this place is just perfect.

They are both very knowledgeable as to local vineyards and in fact Christian sent me to great vineyard while I was there. Also love the location as with a rental car I was able to visit wineries all throughout Bordeaux.

In short, this property is fantastic and has great owners. You will enjoy your stay.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Martillac
Domaine de Larchey
Domaine de Larchey
#1 of 1 in Saint-Medard-d'Eyrans
Ibis Budget Bordeaux Sud Villenave d'Ornon
Ibis Budget Bordeaux Sud Villena...
#1 of 7 in Villenave D'ornon
Akena Relais Bordeaux sud La Brede
Hotel Le Saint-James Relais & Chateaux
Ibis Styles Bordeaux Sud Villenave d'Ornon
Ibis Styles Bordeaux Sud Villena...
#2 of 7 in Villenave D'ornon
Comte d’Ornon Hotel & Spa

Been to Chateau de Lantic? Share your experiences!