“Perfect ambience!”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Plano, Texas
“Perfect ambience!”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Wow, what an experience, having dinner at a very nice restaurant located in a cave that dates back to 1117. Food was very good, Chodovar beer was sensational and the ambience was unbeatable. And the price was incredibly low: 10 Euros per person for entrée, salad, desert, beer and wine, including gratuity.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank BillMits

• Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Abbotsford, Canada
“Delicious food, but beer to travel for!”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

I saw the ad for this place in nearby Marianske Lazne, which read, "Your Beer Wellness Land," and I knew I had to go there! There are two restaurants to choose from....a cellar-like beauty which is a bit more upscale, and the equally beautiful in its own way restaurant and Beerarium! Most of the food there has beer as part of the recipe, for example it was marinated in beer or comes with a side of beer jam (more like chutney, and soooo good). Te main draw, of course, is their home brew. We happened in on a summer special, blueberry beer. It wasnt advertised, but the waiter suggested it, and was I ever glad he did! I started with a small glass, and immediately after finishing it, ordered the large pint. I've never tasted a fruit beer so sublime and delicious, and I live in a place that produces excellent fruit beers. Wow! It was worth the $20 return taxi ride (you can take public buses, but it's a wee but complicated), and I wish we had discovered it sooner in our two week stay, so we could have gone more than once. There is also a lovely hotel and spa which specializes in beer treatments (I'd rather drink it!), and a great gift shop. There isn't much else to do in this little town, but the brewery complex is enough of a draw. Go!

• Visited August 2013