All reviews sister site laundry room games room shower block man tent steam room and sauna swimming pool short walk easy access hens cows electricity pitch warden field silverdale facilities
Selected filters
Reviewed August 24, 2018 via mobile

I arrived on a wet Monday afternoon with my two children 3yrs and 5yrs (single Dad) and was greeted by a friendly warden. He checked me in and explained that my stay was going to be “running into the bank holiday bookings” so my pitch would be very small for my 3 man tent. The pitch was next to a water tap and between an electricity point and a gate. I was allowed to park my car in front of my tent. We were clearly given the worst pitch in the section we were in and no other people came into that section during our 3 night stay which asks the question, why were we made to camp on that particular pitch when there were at least 10 others, all much better? After setting up I was soaked from the rain so we went to explore the main site and leisure centre only a few hundred metres drive away. Due to the bad weather we wanted to stay indoors and grab some supper as cooking would’ve been difficult outside! We found a seat in the cafe. My youngest has milk, egg and nut allergies which usually makes it a nightmare to eat out, which it turned out to be, with only chips or rice with pasta sauce for choice. The manager on duty was very attentive though and really wanted to help me, which was a plus point. I had come to self-cater though and eating out was just because of the weather. My burger was way over cooked and greasy and the onion rings on the burnt side, hard and cold, I didn’t enjoy it (£11ish) the value was in the kids meal for my eldest son, ciabatta pizza with chips (salad, peas or beans options) and a fruit shoot (£5) he did enjoy it. All that with a pint of lager was £23/£24, a little over priced for what we were served.
The boys then explored the complex with a free soft play area, pool (included in our pitch price) an arcade room with the usual arcade games and mini bowling (£12 half an hour (1 game and a half with three players going as fast as the game would allow!) and £20 for an hour (pay for it in the shop). A shop selling a variety of useful items for camping, swimming etc as well as bits and bobs, food, sweets and ice cream. There was an ice cream parlour too.

Our camping experience was mainly good, apart from the pitch we were given and a drama with the toilet facilities! Yes, the toilets/shower block was immaculate, but at what cost? They were constantly “closed for cleaning!” I understand that in order to keep them in such an amazing condition they need to be cleaned, but with two small children this wasn’t good enough. My youngest ended up having a “toileting accident” due to us trying to hold on until they were open again. We waited almost an hour and in the end I spoke to the cleaner who informed me I could use the disabled toilet. This needs to be more clearly signposted as it’s not pleasant now knowing we could’ve avoided this!
There is a decent pot wash and washing room and a games room with a plug socket, fußball table and pool table in, due to the bad weather this was a busy room with children kicking a football about in it most of the time. There is a play park which consists of a baby/toddler swing, 2 standard swings and a small climbing net on site. If you want a decent park then a short drive past the main site and just into Silverdale on the left is The George Whitaker Memorial Children’s Playground that has swings, an assault course, zip wire, a climbing-netted round-a-bout and a whole toddler area, it’s really nice! A short drive further to the “Shore” (turn right at the T-junction once through Silverdale and up past the shops, turn right again and follow the signs for the Shore) there’s a small car park and some decent walks around that area including a cave.

All that being said, we made the best of our stay and did have a good time. I just think a few things would’ve made our stay a much more pleasant one. I don’t think I’d come back again. It was definitely a one off experience!

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank FFDad
simon w, Public Relations Manager at Hollins Farm Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to comment, glad that overall you enjoyed your stay.

Regarding your pitch I believe we had people coming onto other pitches towards the end of your stay hence the location you were give. I will pass on the comments you made regarding food but most people find it exceptionally high quality and good value, we apologise that on this occasion it did not meet this standard.

The toilet facilities are cleaned to the highest of standards, hence as you say them being closed at points throughout the day, however as you mention the disabled toilet is always open and available for use when others are closed we will look at signage for this.

Thank you once again for your comprehensive review.

Reviewed July 29, 2018 via mobile

Me and my hubby have just returned from a couple of nights stay here and we cannot fault it. Lovely pitches, we could see over the bay from ours.
The toilet blocks were spacious and immaculately clean. The pot wash area and laundry room were also large and clean.
There is also a games room with a large TV if needed.
There is plenty of beautiful walks around this area too.
In with the price you get passes into the swimming pool over at Holgates just a 10 mins walk over the fields.
Swimming, jacuzzi, steam room and sauna. Lovely
We didn't need it but there is also a well stocked shop next to the swimming pool along with a bar and restaurant.
Will definitely be back in the future

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
simon w, Public Relations Manager at Hollins Farm Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to comment, so glad you enjoyed all aspects of your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed June 7, 2018

Fantastic Campsite Spotless friendly wardens can`t fault it the main base a short walk away which is owned by the same family gets better every year my family have been coming here for decades and have had the best of family holidays if we ask our son where he wants to go he always says Holgates but please note that this is a family oriented type of holiday so if you want to play loud music get drunk and misbehave you will not be very popular

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank howfener142
simon w, Public Relations Manager at Hollins Farm Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to comment, so glad you enjoyed your time with us and found everything to your satisfaction, I will pass on your compliments to our wardens.

Look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed June 3, 2018

Excellent pitch and facilities with the bonus of the use of the sister Site Silverdale. The pitches are spacious and he shower block spotless. Couldn't fault it! Lovely situated with some lovely walks to do which incorporated lunch at both Arnside and Silverdale. WE'l be back.

Room tip: Fish and Chips at Arnside are worth having!
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Claire F

Thank you for taking the time to comment, so glad you enjoyed your time with us and found everything to you satisfaction.

Look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed May 10, 2018

We stayed on a hard stand pitch with hook up and water etc, reasonabley priced for a bank holiday weekend.
First thing we noticed was how clean the site and toilet/shower blocks were, full marks to the people who run this site.
The only problem we had was we came back from a Saturday walk to find out camping stove had been broken (leg had been snapped off and put back in a precarious position), we did ask if anyone had reported this but to no avail. Didn’t spoil our stay just realised not all campers are honest ones.
All in all an excellent weekend and we will definitely be returning.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
simon w, Public Relations Manager at Hollins Farm Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to comment, so glad you enjoyed your time with us and sorry to hear about your stove! We do look forward to welcoming you back soon.