“What a brilliant place this is!”
Review of Number 43

Number 43
Ranked #3 of 4 Arnside B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 2, 2013

My wife and I recently spent a few nights at Number 43. What a fantastic find this was. The mission of No 43 is to create a great customer experience and it didn't dissappoint. The decor is top quality, the attention to detail is incredible and the breakfasts are excellent, all locally sourced produce and beautifully presented. The views from the lounge and the sit out patio area are amazing. Lesley, the owner has taken time to prepare all the essential details you need to help you plunge straight into your holiday. We had a terrific stay and will be back.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 11, 2013

Deserves all the praise it gets...we stayed in suite seven which is superbly appointed and had stunning views...Lesley is a warm and welcoming host without being intrusive...breakfast was first class....overall faultless....will definitely return!

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Griffin303
Reviewed April 29, 2013

All the positives (and there are so many) have been said before, so we would simply say Number 43 is a lovely place to stay, with nice little touches of hospitality and delightful staff expertly led by Lesley. Well done.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
LesleyNumber43, Owner at Number 43, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Thank you so much for your endorsement of our other reviews, and I agree I have a lovely team, the girls are great and so thoughtful as well as working hard!

Thank you again and have a lovely summer
Regards

Reviewed April 22, 2013

I'd booked this accommodation for a birthday treat for my partner who was not disappointed! I'd spent some time choosing the room and was so pleased I'd spent a little more and opted for room 2. Room 7 has equal spectacular views of the estuary but without the bath.

We were greeted with a glass of wine and sat in the lovely afternoon sun on the outside terrace.

This accommodation provides nothing but the best and a very strong feeling of being spoilt. You will want for nothing - we had luck on our side in that the weather was glorious.

Will return - without doubt.

Room Tip: Room 2 or 7 which are at the front with the spectacular views.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
LesleyNumber43, Owner at Number 43, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Hello & thank you
It was a lovely weekend wasn’t it? To be able to sit on the terrace and relax in the sun makes me think that summer may just be arriving......
Arnside had its first Vintage on the Prom event on the Saturday so someone was looking after us all.
Thank you for your lovely comments about the accommodation, we have just had our Visit England undercover inspector, I was concerned when he revealed himself as Visit England have raised their scores, and eliminated Silver at 5* level. I am so pleased to report that we were awarded 5* Gold again and given their coveted Breakfast award .
Thank you again and if you are in the area coffee on the terrace??

Reviewed April 15, 2013

My husband and I stayed for 3 nights. We were welcomed from the moment we arrived. Wonderfully decorated and spotlessly clean B and B. Lesley’s attention to detail is wonderful from the home made biscuits in the room to the quality of the bed linen, fabulous carpet, towels etc. Such a wonderfully friendly place with locals in Arnside welcoming you in to the pub and local coffee house. I can see why many people choose to have static homes here! Breakfast was wonderful, quality produce locally sourced and fantastically cooked! Although I’m not happy about coming home heavier than I left despite walking 7 miles round Arnside Knott and Silverdale!! All in all a wonderful trip made to feel very welcome. It was clear from the moment we arrived that Lesley is passionate about number 43, it’s not just another B and B and we were not just another guest! Thank you Lesley and your super team of girls for your hospitality!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you much for your lovely review, living here is a constant weight battle! Coffee shops serving homemade cakes, pubs serving hearty portions of good local produce & we at Number 43 try and keep you stoked up too. We have just had our Visit England review and scored 100% for cleanliness which is a great testimony to the girls. A few weeks ago one of the girls said that they were hardly mentioned in reviews so they were really pleased with your recognition of their hard work, thank you.
Have a lovely summer and maybe we will meet you again sometime in the future.
Kindest regards

Reviewed April 9, 2013

We stayed in the suite at No43 for 2 nights in April and thought it an excellent B&B.The room was large and clean with a wonderful view of the estuary.The highlight of our stay was the breakfast served in our room watching the tide come in.This is a very well run establishment with every convenience to hand.Highly recommended.We also had a wonderful supper at No17,Milnthorpe which is 10 minutes away.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms look quite small.The suite on the first floor is spacious and freshly decorated in...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you so much for taking time to write a review, I agree the views are stunning and the sunsets if you caught one....glorious. We made the decision to offer breakfast in our suites because the thought of relaxing in my dressing gown and being waited on whilst, as you say enjoying the views would give me the wow factor.....if only I did not have to cook breakfast I could be a guest.....
I am looking forward to the summer when we can offer guests the option of breakfast on the terrace..now that’s a thought!

Reviewed March 26, 2013

My partner and I stayed for long weekend in January. No 43 certainy deserves all the good reviews. Friendly welcome. Excellent location. Lovely room with views of the estuary. Breakfast was huge and wonderful. A fantastic stay. Happy to recommend it.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the front with a view of the estuary. Lovely to wake up to.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
LesleyNumber43, Owner at Number 43, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

Hello and thank you,
I really appreciate when guests take time out to leave a review, the girls all work hard to help keep Number 43 up to standard and I hope our hospitality is not intrusive but in a small way helps make your visit relaxing.
The South Lakes has had no snow this last week, although chilly we have blue skies and fluffy clouds, great for walking and pottering.
Have a lovely Easter and thank you again, kindest regards Lesley

Been to Number 43? Share your experiences!