“Overlooking the beach at Casares, a superb restaurant”
Review of Bahia Beach

Bahia Beach
Ranked #7 of 32 Restaurants in Casares
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Dorset, United Kingdom
“Overlooking the beach at Casares, a superb restaurant”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

A wonderful find. We were here last year and found it ok but this year we took a chance and found it had changed hands and was a delight. Lots of young staff, toilet facilities, albeit outside but clean. Lots of outside seating and inside too. Apparently the new owner is Italian. This restaurant is classed as a Chiringuita but it is a proper restaurant. It was totally packed but we had booked. The menu is vast, hot and cold soups, including Gazpacho, which incidentally was a huge portion with all the trimmings and absolutely delicious. There was a seafood salad which was nothing like a bog standard prawn cocktail but contained, prawns, mussels, crab sticks and other seafood mixed with apple, cabbage and lettuce. Very filling. I had Rosada fried which came with sautéed potatoes but I changed that to pomme frites which I prefer. The fish was cooked in a light non-greasy batter and was the best fish I have ever eaten. You could also have it grilled. The staff were very attentive and the service was quick. Bread rolls are given out once you sit down but no butter as the Spanish tend to serve it with olive oil. My granddaughter had grilled chicken which looked delicious. It was a huge portion and it was in the form of an escalope, so no wastage or bones. They offered steaks, lovely salads, the obligatory ice cream desserts but they also had strawberries and cream, which I had, which was lovely and also a huge portion. We had wine, bottled waters and fresh juices, I.e. Melocoton (peach juice). If you go in the evening it is best to take a wrap or a cardigan/jacket as it gets cold being by the sea. We went back two days later for a late lunch, in the heat, but it was lovely as you get a bit of a breeze being on the beach but you don't need a cardigan. We will definitely be returning next year.

• Visited August 2013