“Amazing fun for all ages!”

Riding Fun In The Sun
Ranked #1 of 17 things to do in Casares
More attraction details
Owner description: Come horse riding and enjoy the breathtaking views of the Andalucian countryside.Enjoy scenic views of the beautiful white village of Casares offering stunning panoramic views of the sea towards Gibraltar and the North African coast. Our team of horses will gently ride you through the beautiful Casares/Manilva/Gaucin countryside. Experience riding along the Sabinillas and Duquesa Beaches. We have a range of horses for all levels of rider/non rider and both English and Spanish saddles for your convenience. The rides can be tailored to your needs.Open from dawn until dusk.We only close Christmas DayTransport can be arranged at a small extra cost
Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

My daughter has been riding weekly with Fun in the Sun - and in particular Jo for 7 months... Every week without fail. She is 3 and has mild cerebral palsy. Jo has worked with patience and unfailing professionalism, in an encouraging and non-judgemental manner. Her lessons are child centred, safe and extremely caring. We brush, feed and have learnt so much about the general care of horses. Jo has Lulla riding to a level that we could not have dreamt was possible in a few short months. In fact, the skills and experience has been a building block for her mobility in general.
My husband and I go to the stables every week and have found that both Jo, her partner Ian and the staff are accommodating, reliable and above all caring. I would not hesitate ( and have frequently ) recommending Fun in the Sun to our friends, for children or adults who enjoy the beauty and skill that this stables has to offer. Thank you, your work is truly appreciated.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

My opinion about this people is terrible.
On December 27 I fell off one of their horses. It can happen to anyone but the owner, Ian, did nothing. I was lying on the ground with much pain and he did not call an ambulance or to another person. My sister did everything. Have not even called me to ask how I am! It is incredible. I have a fracture in a vertebra and they don't know it because they simply don't care. Most important thing the money and business. I hope that nobody has such bad luck like me...and I hope that they at least have accident insurance...

VICTORIA12_11, Manager at Riding Fun In The Sun, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

For legal reasons we cannot go into too many details on this response.

However, this was a non riders walking ride with Susana claiming to be the only rider.
She has ridden with us before.
All horses that went out on this ride were novice horses that are trained for also taking children.

All riders on the ride were offered as always safety equipment, all riders except Susana chose NOT to wear a riding helmet.

Safety equipment offered: EU compliance safety riding helmets, body protectors for adults and for children (FREE OF CHARGE)

All riders ride at their own risk.

Supervised Hacking is covered under most travel insurance and European Health Card insurance.
However NO insurance company will accept claims from a rider that is not wearing a riding helmet.

We comply with ALL EU legislation regarding insurance.

Accidents are a part of life, working with any animal there is a certain amount of unpredictability.

It’s not a regular occurrence as our horses are trained to take non riders, children and disabled riders

To say that nothing was done to help the client is obviously untrue.

A 4x4 drive vehicle was sent to collect to the client and take her to the main road to liaise with an ambulance; however the client declined the ambulance and went in her sister’s car.

As regards to the money, anybody that rides with us will know it is all about the animals. We have never made a profit all our money goes to rescuing and re-homing horses, cats and dogs.

Therefore making Susanas’s statement slanderous

Reviewed December 31, 2013

If you are looking for a wonderful walk on horseback in the beautiful Spanish countryside, or a hack out, this place has horses to suit the non rider, kids and experienced riders. It is run by Jo & Ian from the UK. It is easy to find taking the Toll road AP7. And then only 5 mins inland. I am considered a disabled rider but I enjoyed being able to get to places I could never have walked too on my own two feet ( getting on and off the horse was made easy by using the wall Ian built for the task) . Seeing the lemons on the trees, the wonderful views along the coast all the way to Gibraltar in the distance, the cows with their calf's and lots of goats roaming around some of the most beautiful country side........ the best way to see the "real spain" Oh did I forget to mention the olive trees......
20 euros for a 2 hour ride is the best value thing you can do while you are on the costa del sol. I was told that they have holiday makers coming to them from all along the coast, and I can see why people would consider the car journey well worth the trip. Jo tells me they have longer routes like a "river ride" and for the "real" riders a beach ride but it is a full day trip so way to much for this old bird. My 2 hours was the best thing I have done during my time on the coast. Even if you have never ridden before, this can be for YOU. If you have ridden before, this is for YOU....... Thank you Jo & Ian for making my 2 hours into..... my "Best day".

Reviewed October 24, 2013

My husband and I stayed in Mijas Golf and drove the 1 hour and 15 mins drive to the stables. Neither of us had ridden for some time, but this really didn't matter because the horses are really good and so well behaved. We went out in a small group with 2 other riders and had an amazing time riding through the Spanish countryside and chose the 4 hour river ride. We had such a brilliant time that we decided to book again for the Saturday, the lat day of our holiday. We will definitely return here next time we visit. :)

Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

The horse ride was great experience with lovely people and amazing place and landscape. Great thing to do!