“Amazing service and even better food”
Review of Venta Garcia

Venta Garcia
Ranked #5 of 32 Restaurants in Casares
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Iv yet to have a bad meal here but on this occasion the service really showed itself.

One of my party was a vegetarian. Not the fussy sort but she did make a point of mentioning it to our server as she ordered her meal. Well unfortunately her starter arrived (I believe it was an avacado soup) and there where some prawns in it. It was discreetly brought to the staffs attention and my goodness they could not have been more apologetic. It was swiftly removed and replaced and we had no further hiccups. However when it came to paying for the bill they had removed all her courses AND then offered her a complimentary bottle of wine to take away with her. NOW THATS GOING ABOVE AND BEYOND!!!

I could just list all the food we had and compliment it but although it was all wonderful it was his gesture which stuck out in my mind.

I would never hesitate to recommend this restaurant to anyone.

1  Thank Irishstandards

Reviewed October 17, 2013

It all started fine,pre dinner drinks etc. However the owner/manager came to take and related the specials of the night, then left abruptly without explaining them. Our order was taken and we asked to move away from a drafty door only to be put at the other end of the room where there open windows.. We asked several times for the windows to be closed but they only pulled one or two of them across. Then a piece of salmon pate about three inches long was placed on the table with some bread, and no explanation. Our main courses arrived salmon on a skewer,which was four small pieces of salmon and five pieces of pineapple. My stake arrived cold,very tough with pepper sauce which tasted awful. When we finished our main courses our Owner/manager came back and we pointed out the fact we were unable to get the windows closed he told us the waiters don't speak English and when I told him about my meal he got annoyed. Then a couple of minutes later he brought our bill and told us not to return. He got animated like he was on something Saying 'no combacky' or similar. No coffee or deserts just pay the bill and leave.the entrecôte was removed from the bill . We finished our wine and then he grabbed the money from in front of me and returned the change abruptly. This is about our fourth visit here and the restaurant is very well laid out but the food is poor and his attitude is very poor. We were not unruly or loud just four over sixties trying to have quite meal out. This is the first time any of us has been asked to leave a restaurant .I would strongly advise against any visit to this place no matter how good it looks from the outside.

6  Thank Noel M
Reviewed October 15, 2013

We were recommended by friends to try out this restaurant, as it was their first choice for dining in the area. They usually take a weekday trip up there for lunch, for a fixed menu of around 12 Euros! We didn't book and went there around 1pm on Saturday. We had drinks on the terrace and ordered whilst enjoying the ambiance. We shared three salads - mango/avocado/prawn; mozarella/tomato and a green salad. Each one was utterly delicious and just right for a lunchtime. The bread was average, but no butter! Probably because there was olive oil on the side. The service was excellent.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

Wow - the location is unusual in that it is high up and by the side of a mountain and the terrace very cleverly has glass surrounding it so if as my husband and I were seated in the terrace then you would benefit from the views.

The food was excellent and huge portions. My main course lamb virtually fell off the bone and was very tasty. This restaurant is not haute cuisine but plain cooked food which is delicious.

Will definitely go back when next visiting the area.

2  Thank SanJon7
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Thanks to Jesús and his crew, a dinner at the venta is always a treat! A real surprise in the countryside of Casares. Foods great, service as well, we'll be back soon!

1  Thank Johanna_SUR-walks