We spent a week at the hotel in March 2012 and have to admit that the Cortesin is one of the best hotels worldwide we ever stayed in. Everything was just great, the service, the breakfast, the restaurants, especially the Schilo, just about everything. We were upgraded to a glorious suite, #36, overlooking the pool and the sea with an outstanding bath hall, not just a room.
As it was pre-season and the hotel was far from being full, the italian restaurant and the pool bar were still closed as well as the beach club, which looked to be as luxurious as could be from the outside. There is a little restaurant on the beach right at the crossroads of the coast highway N340-A7 and the route to/from Casares that was open and a pleasure to sit, enjoy some cheese, jamon and wine, gaze out to the sea and be happy. Can only be recommended.
On the way to Casares sits the restaurant Venta Garcia, do not miss it for a delightful local dinner. God food, pleasant service and great prices.
Played a round of golf on this picture perfect course which can be quite tricky and the 19th hole is as pleasant as everything else here.
All in all, we had a wonderfull, totally relaxing time and wholeheartedly recommend the Cortesin.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the heart of the Spanish Costa del Sol between Marbella and Sotogrande, overlooking the warm Mediterranean there is a place where nature gently vanishes into the deep blue sea. A private community that offers members a personal sanctuary in an environment not found anywhere else. For those seeking an emotional connection to where they live this is arguably the last great property available by the Mediterranean. This impressive resort is located in one of the most peaceful and upcoming areas of the Mediterranean coast in the municipality of the picturesque village of Casares, just 1.500m from the beach and within easy access, by motorway, to the international airports of Málaga and Gibraltar. Set on a 215-hectare estate, 150 of which is designated green belt area, the development centres around 5 extensive areas: Hotel, Golf, Spa and Sports Club, Beach Club and Residential Area. Hotel Finca Cortesin is designed to enchant every one of the senses. The hotel's fresh but grand design is inspired by traditional Andalusian architecture and gives every area a big, bright and luxuriously spacious feel that is so rare in Europe. Built around two principle courtyards with palatial proportions, the hotel has 67 large, luminous and exquisitely designed suites with lofty 4m high ceilings ranging from 50 to 200m². With 23.000 m2 of manicured gardens, luxurious spa, 3 pools, tennis and paddle courts, impressive 6.000 m2 beach club, exquisite cuisine and an ambiance of tranquility, elegance and refinement, it is a destination that invites you to return. Come discover why Finca Cortesin has been named the 'Best National Resort' in the country by Conde Nast Traveller magazine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Finca Cortesin Hotel Golf & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Finca Cortesin Hotel, Golf Hotel Casares
- Finca Cortesin Hotel, Golf And Spa