Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Peter C
Warrenpoint, United Kingdom

Wedding of the Decade

Review of Les Marguerites
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Nov 12, 2021
On 4th September 2021 Antoinette and Keith and their family hosted the most fantastic wedding reception at Les Marguerites for our daughter Erica and son in law Cameron. Many guests stayed in this charming private hotel with its new outdoor heated pool and availed of the superb facilities. All our guests at the wedding waxed lyrical at the ambience, the gourmet dining and the top class service from the entire family. No request was too much trouble and the outdoor sunny garden was a fabulous backdrop for the wedding banquet which continued to the wee small hours. The following day we had a second sumptuous luncheon feast dining alfresco for over 100 guests. It truly was the romantic wedding of the decade and a weekend to cherish for ever. Thank you Antoinette and Keith!
Date of stay: September 2021
5.0 of 5 bubblesRooms
5.0 of 5 bubblesCleanliness
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
Antoinette Fairhurst, Owner at Les Marguerites, responded to this review
Responded Nov 14, 2021
Dear Peter, thank you so much for writing such a beautiful review, we were hugely honoured to host Erica and Cameron's wedding, the love that was danced and laughed into our garden was so welcomed and revived not only the land,but us as a family too, we all have so many stories to look back on in the years to come. Warm wishes to All the family,with gratitude Antoinette, Keith and family.
  • eDreams
  • Lol.travel
0.1 miles from Les Marguerites
Free parking
Hôtel de l'Evêché, Alet-les-Bains, France.
0.2 miles from Les Marguerites
    5.1 miles from Les Marguerites
    11.4 miles from Les Marguerites
    10.3 miles from Les Marguerites
    View more hotels in Alet les Bains
    All reviews double room southern france places to visit medieval village original features dinner party antoinette keith garden house hosts alet cooking aude comfort delight warmth
    Selected filters
    Reviewed October 3, 2021

I just stopped at the cafe for a cup of tea on a rainy afternoon and was delighted by a warm, family welcome which was soon accompanied by lashings of crumble. I shall make a point of heading straight back on my next trip to have a proper look around!

Date of stay: October 2021
    Trip type: Traveled solo
    Reviewed August 8, 2020

Les Marguerites is just fabulous! We arrived (mum and daughter by car, husband and son cycling), and stepped in to an oasis of charm - beautiful gardens and trampoline to relax outside, huge stylish bedrooms inside plus a delicious breakfast each morning served on the terrace. Antoinette stored our bikes safely, my daughter loved the ‘help yourself’ sweet jar in the hallway and we slept well in a peaceful setting. We spent a lot of time relaxing at Les Marguerites - it is just so special - and will return soon to do the activities nearby - castle visits and rafting in particular look great. Sarah

Date of stay: August 2020
    Trip type: Traveled with family
    Reviewed January 20, 2020

As locals we eat here regularly and I can honestly say we've never had a bad meal. Antoinette, Keith and their family work really hard to give their guests – either in the B and B, or their on-site restaurant – the best possible experience. Special themed evenings such as curry nights are always hugely popular. The food is always home-cooked and delicious. A really special place.

Date of stay: January 2020
    Reviewed November 3, 2019

Alet les Bains is described as the best kept secret in Aude, and that is certainly true, so Les Marguerites is the best kept secret in the best kept secret! We had an excellent Sunday lunch, 3 delicious courses, Blanquette de Limoux, the local red and coffee. Brilliant service, excellent food and a real pleasure.

Room tip: You will just love it!
    Date of stay: November 2019
    2  Thank B5907JVmichaela
    Reviewed October 29, 2019

I am a person who doesn't generally like B&Bs because I dislike the thought of intruding on someone's home life, so I was not thrilled about the prospect of staying at Les Marguerites. However, I was traveling with a group, and the decision to stay at a B&B was not mine. I could not have been more wrong! The house is lovely, Keith and Antoinette are lovely, their children are lovely! I never felt as if I was intruding on their privacy; the house is so gracious and well laid out for family and guests. I actually looked forward to running into the family in the pretty garden with gorgeous ancient trees and tables scattered about, and Antoinette's fresh, cooked-to-order breakfasts with the family in the big sunny kitchen were a highlight every day. Antoinette is actually a chef and her delicious home-cooked meals (served in the house and in the cute weekend restaurant they have opened next door), I thought, topped the local restaurants. I realized after the first couple of nights that I was thinking of Les Marguerites as home --but with MUCH better food. Les Marguerites was a highlight of our truly magical trip to Southwest France. I highly recommend it, and will probably be spoiled forever because no B&B will be as good. I plan to return with my husband and daughters.

Date of stay: September 2019