Les Marguerites
La Pierre Lys(Quillan)
La Chaumiere(Quillan)
Hotel Cartier(Quillan)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsother guestsb bwarm welcomelovely familyrennes le chateaucathar countryold friendssecond visitlovely gardenwonderful hostslovely placeperfect settingcomfortable bedseach morningbed and breakfastrooms are beautifulplaces to visit
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 9, 2013

Having Antoinette as our host was truly the highlight of our stay here. We loved the house, the room, and the location. The food was also very nice. Thank you Antoinette -- sorry it took us so long to getting around to writing our reviews!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Tucked away south of Carcasonne, is the quaint Cathar village of Alet Les Bains. We stayed at Les Marguerites where we found a warm welcome and excellent hospitality, and were immediately able to relax. The owner loves to cook and there was always a fresh, plentiful breakfast and superb evening meals, with lots of the fabulous locally produced wines. It is a perfect spot to explore the Cathar countryside - Rennes le Chateau, Rennes Les Bains for swimming in the outdoor thermal pool, Arques and of course Carcasonne. I would wholly recommend this ideal location and Les Marguerites as the perfect place to stay when you're here.

Room Tip: Our room was at the front overlooking the gardens, with a balcony, lounge area and huge en-suite, so this room would be my favourite
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Now back in England after a week in France planning our wedding at Les Marguerites next year.

After settling on the idyllic location of Alet-les-Bains for our wedding next year we thought we better head out there and get down to some serious planning and we were not disappointed. as expected the whole household has got behind our event and Antoinette has put together a truly magical package which we definitely could not have created in the UK.

Not only were we able to spend the week sampling amazing food and wine for our menu but were able to get out and see some more of the local culture and attractions.

The weather was unexpectedly brilliant with temperatures in the high 20's and blue sky days all week. Due to the fact that I can't sit still we even got the chance to restore one of the houses old signs which I really liked last time we visited.

A thoroughly enjoyable half term break where we got so much done for what is turning out to be a great wedding plan for next year.

Room Tip: You could live in the family suite!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Now we are coming towards winter I am thinking about my wonderful holiday in july. It was my sisters 50 th wedding anniversary and she booked all the rooms at Les marguerites.We had such a special time .We had three generations all haviny great fun and memories that will be with us all forever.This holiday was so successful because of the amazing care we had from Antoinette., keith and their family.Nothing was too much trouble from wonderful meals to seeing the local sights.They made us feel so much at home.The bedrooms were so specious , lovely linen and very comfortable beds.It was lovely seeing all the children getting on so well. We were able to enjoy the lovely garden due to the great weather.I will recommend this special place to all my friend's

Room Tip: Theyare all lovely
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 27, 2013

A second visit with family proved that my first visit was not a dream. This really is heaven in France , a place to relax in a fantastic old french villa where nothing is to much trouble even yorkshire tea. I am doing another reveiw because everybody should not miss a chance to visit. We first visited in October 2012 again October 2013 we are already planning a visit in April 2014 for a pre wedding visit for my daughter. Then we have to go again in August 2014 for the wedding in the grounds of Les Marguerites oh what a drag!!! Can not wait till we go again, and in the meantime anyone reading this reveiw, just book it and go you will not be disappointed. Please admire the 1920s sign that Martin my future son-in-law and i rennovated whilst there.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family