Tanahmas Hotel
  • Room Service
RH Hotel(Sibu)
Win Hotel(Sibu)
View Hotel
All reviewscentral marketsibu towncheese cakenight marketwithin walking distanceconvenience locationlocal cuisinerooms are cleancomfortable stayroom serviceparking spacecafesarawakjettyemasbathtubkfc
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 23, 2012

Came to Sibu for a wedding, and originally it had been suggested we stay in another hotel in Sibu (currently #1 onTripadvisor for Sibu) - the cost would be min 240myr per night. Considering we were going to be staying in KL for about 170myr in a "club room" and we were on a rather tight budget this seemed a bit expensive. The peoples who's wedding we were attending ended up booking us into this hotel for 150myr per night (rate without breakfast). The hotel apparently has just been renovated, and it shows! The lobby is pleasant enough, with the rooms being a fantastic size. Free wifi and good sized bathrooms with a good shower. The location is right in the heart of Sibu so there are many coffee shops near by, however the food at the associated restaurant Peppers was very reasonable for the price paid. Overall, I would highly reccomend if you are ever in Sibu.

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank the_kiwiroamer
Reviewed December 27, 2011

I feel a bit dissapointed when I arrive the main door of the hotel because it was looking a bit old. The lobby was just so so to me too. Anyway when I was checked in to my room, I was very surprise and impressed with the room.

The room was newly refurbished, TV was Flat screen, room was spacious and Wifi is free. The breaskfast selection was good too.

The location was nearby to riverside and centre market of Sibu where traveller get to see some local stuffs at the market. It was closed to the oldest Chinese Temple in Sibu too.

The only downside about the hotel was they do not have a kids pool if you are travelling with young kids.

Anyway, it was a comfort stay.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Tuxannie
Reviewed October 3, 2011

I had a pleasant surprised when I walked into this hotel (after nearly 2 years as I have patronized other more newer hotel in Sibu) to find myself standing in their newly renovated lobby. The check-in was smooth and when I entered the room, I was even more amazed at the transformation the room had undertaken. It looked like the owners of the hotel had spared no expense in making this hotel into one of the better hotel in Sibu.

The hotel is fully WIFI (including the room which have very strong signal) and it is free. The F&B outlets were good. Several observation which I would highlight to the management of the hotel:

(1) Smoke detectors should be installed in all the toilets in the funnction rooms and lobby to prevent people from smoking in the toilet. The stale smoke is very annoying for us who treasure our health;

(2) Housekeeping should be better train to pay attention to the notices hang at the door. I my case, I had hang a "Do Not Disturb" sign at the door and around 10am despite the sign, the housekeeping open my room door with their master electronic card whilst I was in the mist of dressing. I find this a very unprofessional behavior of the housekeeping staff; and

(3) Given the fact that the hotel now (in my opinion) is one of the best in Sibu, the television channel selection needs an immediate improvement. For a hotel rated 3-Stars, I was no able even to find an English movie channel. Apart from the local channel, they have another channel tuned to the Japanese program (NHK), whilst another two were on ChannelAsia and BBC. There was an ESPN and MTV channels. Management please look into the matter.

Overall the hotel is in a nice location with plenty of local food and fruits for you to sample surrounding the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Eddie30
Reviewed September 25, 2011

this hotel really impress me....thumbs up....my friend recommend me to stay here...the hotel is small from outside...but i dont bother about that...as long the room is spacious, free wifi, and etc..

when i check in ito the room...there is no minibar...then i call receptionist...within 10 minutes...all settle...

i will recommend this hotel to my friends whoever visit sibu next time//

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank nuds2011
Reviewed April 27, 2011

I stayed in this hotel twice when I travelled for work to Sibu in between 2010 to 2011. It has always been my first choice because it is really good and the price is reasonable! The room is quite big, with very comfortable bed and pillow. TV is flat-screen and a working table is provided at the corner of the room in case you need to do your work in your room. Wireless internet connection is available for free. Breakfast is EXCELLENT. Many choices are available, ranging from American breakfast to the Oriental ones. Most importantly, the taste is delicious! Swimming pool is ok, not so big. Gym is also available in the hotel. The location is in the heart of Sibu town. About 10 mins walk to Wisma Sanyan, the biggest shopping centre in Sibu and 5 mins walk to the Sibu local night market which sells cheap stuffs and delicious local delicacies. One tip for travellers staying in this hotel: Try the cheese cakes from Tanahmas Hotel. It sells one of the nicest cheese cakes I’ve tried. It offers 30% discount after 6.30 pm and you might not want to miss it when you got chance to stay here! :)

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business