“Well kept and informative”

Ranked #5 of 17 things to do in Sibu
Ipoh, Malaysia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Well kept and informative”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

It was a well kept hospital museum with equipment from the older hospital as well as interesting old photos.It gives some idea of how a hospital looked like in the past, how it functioned with minimal staff, equipment and facilities. The attendant was very friendly. I think healthcare workers should find this museum interesting.

Visited July 2012
3 Thank choymp

Los Angeles, California
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 106 helpful votes
“Memorable”
Reviewed April 17, 2012

I was quite impressed with this museum. In fact, I was born at this hospital. It used to occupy a sprawling 10 acres compound. Now, everything is torn down except for the single building housing the museum. Looking at the old photos brought back childhood memories especially the one with the schoolchildren lined up brushing their teeth at recess. Not to mention the dental chair and dental drill that made me afraid of the school dentist during my elementary school days.
It was very interesting to see the equipments on display be it gynecological or surgical. Various scissors, saws, drill, sterilization equipments, centrifuge machines, stainless steel labor and delivery bed, x-ray machine, lab equipments, ICU supplies, pharmacy scales, etc., reminds me that this hospital actually served its community well in its time. There was the history of KK tablets which anyone in Sibu should know- it's actually acetaminophen or paracetamol which was like a cure all for my family. Definitely informative and takes me back to old Sibu. For me, it was worth the hour that I spent at this museum.

Visited April 2012