“Room for Improvement !!!”
Review of Kingwood Hotel

Kingwood Hotel
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Sibu
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Room for Improvement !!!”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

First time to Sibu, checked through the web, found Kingwood Hotel, As we are nature lover, chose the River view on high floor. Check-in at 12.20noon, Receptionist told us to wait till 2.00pm. During check-in , Receptionist told us would send breakfast vouchers to our room but they never did !! Room 1131 is spacious, clean and comfortable with free wifi connection. Went down to the Floor 2 ,the direction of hotel Business Centre.,which is printed on the key card to do some printing, but the staff there told me to go use it at the Lobby. Went down to the Lobby, Front counter staff told me their Business Centre is not good to use. They sent me up again to Floor 2.!! We asked for extra coffee/tea , Housekeeping told us we are only entitle to one serving in the room !!! We loved the River view, it was lovely ,tried to snap some pictures but the windows seem never been cleaned, dirty marks all over, not a great view for our camera!!!. The water cistern/toilet is leaking.The next morning , went down for breakfast, asked at the front desk for our breakfast vouchers, the lady at the desk did not seem too pleased to attend to us !! Breakast served not to our expectation, the juices are diluted , coffee are cold. Tables were not set up for guest use at all !!!
Check out was slow , cashier seem more concerned talking to her colleague instead of attending to the guest waiting infront. Certainly some room for improvement in guest and housekeeping services !!!! It is a nice hotel with great location to all nearby touristic spots ,eateries and shopping malls for tourists !!!

Room Tip: Choose the room facing river at the new wing on higher floor
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank WorldGlutton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Indonesian first
Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

Nice and spacious room and toilet with reasonable price per night. Rajang River view and not so noisy. Keep it on Kingwoods. Will recommend for my friends. The only negative thing is the cooperate rate are higher than normal walk in. Ha ha ha.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Malaysia
Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

I stayed there during a business trip. The room was fine and clean but I was no so lucky as my room's window had no river view. Checking in was a breeze. Very convenient for me since the function I attended was in the same hotel. Location was not far from eateries serving famous Sibu food.

Checking out was not so pleasant since there was only one person who was rather inexperienced manning the counter. Breakfast was also not served yet when I checked out. Taxis are readily available but unless you have booked one that you have taken before and like earlier, you are taking a gamble by taking the first one in the queue and end up with a rickety ride.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank lengcw
Kuching, Malaysia
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Was there conducting a function, so booked a room there. Their sales staffs attitude are those that can really need to be improve, not freindly at all!

Ordered room service, force me to pay by cash as they did not have swipe enough on my card when I put a deposit. Management decision! Go Figures!

Rooms are ok, nothing too fanciful, hotel food was good and cheap, but the service really needs an overhaul!

Pick others if u have a choice!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank AChee74

Travelers are raving about these Sibu hotels

Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed September 3, 2013

It was our first visit to Sibu. We booked at the Kingwood and we got what we requested for, a room over looking the mighty Rejang River. Lovely view, we could see ships sailing up and down the river. It was a big room with a king bed. Internet was slow. Otherwise no other complaints. Good local restaurants just walking distance from the hotel. Even the main market which is a tourist attraction in itself is within walking distance. Live chickens were sold at the market, wrapped in newspaper, ready for cash and carry. Unique. You could also find live sago worms, ready to be eaten alive. It's your own little National Geographic experience.

Room Tip: Request for a river view room. The higher the better.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank KualaLumpurTerence
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed August 29, 2013

This was my second stay at this hotel The booking was not well organized this time. I had requested in advance a king size room, nonsmoking, Upon arrival room was available and I was told only smoking available. I declined and waited and eventually I was given an new nonsmoking, but twin bedded room. The new rooms are perfect in every respect, clean and I love the view to the review. Unfortunately the internet seems to have gone from Ok to very poor.
I love using this hotel for training as the river-views beat the average hotel conference room. The hotel doesn't service beer at this hotel, but the fridge in the room is good to store a couple cold ones. It was my second time eating at a big Sibu chinese restaurant called "Good Happiness". I'm not sure where it is actually located. Just ask the hotel reception to write out the address, Don't miss it.
Breakfast here was alright, There are nice places to try that are closer. The catering ranges from a solid "good" to "outstanding".

Room Tip: Ask for a room which has wifi working
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Philipbneqld
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for 2 nights at old wing third floor which blocked by the swimming pools block, cant enjoy the full views of Rajang river. Room size big enough for family of 4. Tv channels only got local 4 channels.

• Stayed August 2013