“Relaxed, friendly and convenient”
Review of RH Hotel

RH Hotel
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Sibu
Reviewed March 15, 2013

My usual accommodation in Sibu was full, so I tried the RH and was impressed. It is central, and as it turned out only 200 m from my next day appointment, so no taxi required. The staff were very friendly and the rooms clean and well equipped, but the WiFi connection was unreliable and kept dropping out. The buffet breakfast was OK but I have certainly had better, I stuck to the nasi lemak which was good. Not my favourite hotel in Sibu (see other posts for Sibu), but an adequate runner-up.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Rogre

Reviewed March 4, 2013

Hotel reception was best thing about hotel, staff helpful and friendly. We had executive room, bathroom large although a few tiles missing off wall, bed comfortable, but old tv, wifi in room was slow (minor problem for some) .The view could have been good if you could see through the windows the dirt was years old. No gym(or fitness room) and the hotel photo showed pool with sun beds, we found 2 hidden away, pool was good , but again glass round pool that could have given excellent view over town was so dirty you couldn't see anything,pool attendants could have cleaned them instead of sitting behind desk daydreaming. Breakfast buffet was ok mainly aimed at Asian tastes ,we asked for mushroom omelette and was given poached eggs. Location wise was good for night market only 5 mins walk, and it had a bridge to connect to only decent shopping mall in Centre of town. With just a few minor adjustments could be really good hotel.

Room Tip: Higher floors ie executive floor can only be accessed with key card for extra security
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Please clean the WINDOWs.!!! Staff are Very friendly....but do not always understand requests or complaints. Best Service was given by a Young waitress Called Cha. She is excellent, and well trained. Breakfast was not good, go down at 9am and food is stale and non existant! Told resaurant open until 11.45 by rececption, so went for coffee and cake at 9.30 and told all finished......could see cakes in boxes.! NO gym! Had to ask for only 2 loungers at pool, no more available. Car park dirty. Old TV. Executive room ok.....clean.

Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I stay here at least once a month. The staffs are extremely helpful and friendly, but the hotel facility is rather limited- WiFi is almost non-existent in the room, some TV don't work and no gym. Breakfast buffet has improved a lot recently. They do have offers for lunch buffet as well.
Perfect location- right in the town centre, and within walking distance to river bank for outstanding sunset view. Its location can have downside, because room can become noisy if there is something going on the town square.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 19, 2013

If you work for the airlines, you do get a discount. Just make sure you present your airline id. I go back to Sibu once a year and I have stayed here 2 consecutive years and know the staff pretty well. Very helpful, gracious, and the location is perfect. I love the pool although I do wish the "Fitness Center" would have gym equipment instead of conference rooms rented out to weddings and private dinners. I love the buffet for breakfast and this year, they now have lunch buffets for a nominal fee. I use my US credit card for all transactions so I end up getting a pretty good deal with having my laundry done once and made several international calls back to the US.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 24, 2012 via mobile

The location and facilities are the reasons this hotel the first choice of some. It caters for business and official functions with plenty of function rooms to choose from. Services have improved greatly although there is room for improvements.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed December 6, 2012

i stayed for three days here.stayed on executive twin with my friend.the room is standard but TV is so old fashion.why?? since i arrived at the lobby,i felt welcome with the smile that the receptionist gave to us..they was so friendly and they treat us as their local people.i still remember their two guys name, Henry and Andrew but not others staff(mostly female staff that only focused on their own task not entertained other guest also),but after check in,we was having a problem with the lift.our room's card cant accessed with the lift.we asked the receptionist whats the problem and they checked it. Our card actually scanned correctly but they told us not to put it near to electronic device such as cellphone. No wonder, i took the key then i put it near to my cellphone. Once again,the receptionist approached us and he showed to us how to used it on the lift. Didn't expect that he willing to escorted us to our room also. So helpful. The next day my friend and i was plan to having an exercise at fitness center (as mentioned at the lift).we go to level 3 and we was very disappointed because there was no fitness center again and they told us that it was converted to a function room. This was not matching with what was stated inside the lift that shown level 3 is a fitness center..There's need a lot's of improvement mostly with the facilities since this hotel already have a good customers service. Hope will stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends