“Inspired, caring cuisine”

Ranked #12 of 20 Restaurants in Paternoster
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed March 13, 2013

"different" "inspired" and "creative" are the adjectives that come to mind when describing this experience. Yes, it's not simply a place to eat but a gourmet experience completely authentic to the appealing style of the west coast. It's astonishing to experience a world-class meal in such a small fishing village. Bravo Kobus and his team!

Reviewed February 26, 2013

On our weekend away in Paternoster we were hoping to eat at Noisy Oyster or Gaatjie. But on calling they were fully booked for the entire weekend. And this is how we stumbled across this special eatery, oep ve koep. We wandered into the shop and asked if a table was available for lunch, we were shocked when the chef, Kobus managed to squeeze us in! Lucky for us.

Overall this is a great quaint little place for a summer lunch. Highly recommended.

AMBIANCE:
Set in a little garden/courtyard under trees and amongst flowers the setting is stunning on a sunny summer day. Felt like we were in another place completely. lovely.

FOOD:
The menu had three starters and two mains and a few dessert options. My husband had the bokkom salad (R55) to start, so well balanced and delicate, I had the mussels (R65) poached in olive oil, most divine mussels I have had in my life! For mains I went for the calamari bobotie (R95), once again subtle well balanced flavors, and my husband the farm fresh cob (R115), delish once again. The menu is quirky will some very innovative unusual flavour combinations that just work! The chef, Kobus explained everything to us in detail, the personal touch is unlike I have had at any eatery. I had the chenin blanc dessert (type of sorbet) and my husband the cheese cake both to die for. Don't be put off by the small menu, everything is prepared with care!

VALUE: Excellent value for money in terms of food quality and service, do not expect a diner size massive portion. The portion is perfect for the combinations given. We were only charged R20 for corkage which is very cheap by South African standards.

SERVICE: Excellent service by Kobus and his staff. Friendly, prompt and helpful.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Everything the chef is amazing, the ambiance is great. I had a calamri baboetie unbelievable. The watermelon salad is lovely and dont forget to buy the watermelon confyt from the shoppe.!

Reviewed February 24, 2013

We had breakfast and bought bread and jam from this amazing little restaurant. Get there early to get bread right out of the oven.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

It's mostly old-time gadgets and very expensive items for sale Jams, nuts, brick -a - brac stuff. T-Shirts, caps etc.