“Glad to be back”

Cuisines: African
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 15, 2013

This was our third visit to this fabulous little restaurant in a great location in the lovely fishing village of Paternoster. The food is great and the staff very attentive. We stopped for a quick bite after travelling during the night from the UK. Both my husband and myself ordered starters however the portions were very generous. Food is excellent and extremely tasty. My husband opted for mussels with homemade bread while I ordered the calamari. As we were both wilting after our long journey we were easily talked into desserts. My husband ordered the lime cheesecake and I had a fantastic chocolate and almond cake. Both very indulgent but hey very enjoyable !!
This restaurant is worth visiting even if you have to drive the 2hr drive from Capetown as you will not be disappointed. Hope you enjoy it as much as we did.

1  Thank Pauline F
There are newer reviews for Noisy Oyster

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Could not have a meal there because it was booked up all the time we were there (4 days) recommend you book ASAP when arriving as it is recommended highly.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

The decor is quirky and interesting with a great atmosphere. what I liked was that they stagger the arrival times of diners, so that no one waits for their food and service is consistent. The food is outstanding, calamari starter with chorizo was divine. Choice of mains was great, difficult to decide what to eat! Best, yes best Creme Brûlée I have ever had! Only downside is that they are only open Wed to Sunday for lunch, and Wednesday to Saturday for dinner. Fantastic evening!

Reviewed March 5, 2013

Great place to eat, full of charm. Packed out, but the service was great, with the waiter well up to speed on what was on the menu. The oysters were superb. My wife had the line fish for mains and it was suculent. I ordered duck, which was a tad overcooked to my taste. Who, in their right mind, doesn`t order fish in a seafood restaurant. Will certainly visit again.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

Our best dinner in Paternoster, very quirky, charming and great food! We will certainly be back on our next visit, very memorable for all the right reasons