Nieuview
Calypso Villas(Langebaan)
  • Room Service
Great 4.5/5
Very Good 4/5
All reviewssliding doorserviced dailyabsolute heavenself cateringcold daysrelaxing couple of dayswet roomair conditionerstunning cottageawesome viewssmall thingsthe cottagessound of the wavesstayed for two nightsindoor braaishort noticea special place
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I sent through an email to voice my opinion regarding the cleanliness of the unit. The kitchen was dirty, outside the applicances. You can see that there is a surface clean, but not a regular deep clean. This was also true in regards to the toilet floor, upstairs 'bathroom'. The carpet in the lounge was also very dirty. I am yet to receive a response to my email.

On the first morning I made a request to the cleaning lady for an iron and ironing board, which I am yet to receive. I feel that these are items that should be readily availalbe.

I was also not made aware that there was no shower, which both my husband and I take.

I would have appreciated some feedback from my email. Otherwise the unit is lovely, view superb and Paternoster... Heaven.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
NaomiPaternoster, Manager at Nieuview, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2013

HI, it is so sad to read this review from you. We as management were not aware of it. We would really appreciate if visitor's direct requests and any queries to management and not to housekeeping. There are different levels of responsibility. We are sorry that it happened to you - but we were totally unaware of it. If you've contacted management, we could have sorted things out.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

One of the best trips to make, and once you arrive it is time to relax. The prefect setting with everything you will need.
Booking for restaurants should be made well in advance (week or more) to avoid disappointment.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
NaomiPaternoster, Owner at Nieuview, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Thanks for staying with us in Nieuview. It was a real pleasure to have you here. The restaurants are really booked - that is why we send with the booking confirmation the information that you will need to make a booking in advance. We would like to welcome you back at Nieuview.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

We spend 2 nights in cottage number 1 and wished we'd stayed longer. The location is set at the far end of the beach with spectacular views over the beach from the left and right. It's about 5/10 mins walk to the little assortment of shops, but because you have a hire car (necessary for South Africa) it's a two minute drive.
The cottage have two bedrooms one with a huge double in the roof and the other smaller room with two singles on the lower ground. The decor is very tasteful and kitchen fully equip for all your needs. The wifi is excellent. There is a shared sunbathing area with lovely view and a pool. You couldn't really ask for anything more.
The security is very strict, closing shutters, locking the sliding door is quite time consuming but I suppose it's necessary. Although we have not experienced or heard of any crime in the area.
I would highly recommend staying at Nieuview cottages. Paternoster is a beautiful unspoilt place to visit.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
NaomiPaternoster, Owner at Nieuview, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Thanks for staying with us in Nieuview. We are very pleased that you've enjoyed it. It will be our pleasure to accommodate you again.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

My third time in this beautiful village was the best ever thanks to this fantastic location. I stayed on Unit 2 for only two days. I certainly would have stayed more but unfortunately was fully booked.
I enjoyed immensely being very close to the sea, both just in front and on a side of the sea, as the cottage has these two big windows. Very nice interior decor with tasteful finishing perfect for the ambience of the village. Highly recommended. Would definitely return for longer stay.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Kevin-Boshoff, Public Relations Manager at Nieuview, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Dear Giorgio
Thank you for choosing us for your 2 day break-away location! We are thrilled with our bragging rights of having the BEST views in Paternoster!! We look forward to having your back, and adding value to your travel diary!

Reviewed March 10, 2013

Nieuview 1 is in a beautiful location. However, with the nearby public access, it is not very secure and you get bothered by anyone looking for a handout. Needs trellidoors (or at least a fence around the stoep) on downstairs sliding door. Couch pillows & upstairs mattress are lumpy and need replacing. Apart from that, the unit is well appointed with indoor braai and most the creature comforts you can hope for. The complementary internet access was welcome, large plasma screen with DVD player provided with a limited selection of DSTV channels. Beautiful sandy beaches stretch as far as the eye can see. Overall our stay was satisfactory.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Vincent
When we first saw the property, we knew it would make Nieuview the best location in Paternoster. We always encourage visitors to indulge in the culture of the village, as locals can sometimes overstep their boundaries. Although the location of this property does not increase these chances, we have taken into consideration the esthetic value of this prime property, and the comfort of our guests, and paired it with the best possible measures to not damper anyone's holiday experience. All your comments and suggestions have been noted, and will be discussed and implemented where possible, to ensure complete satisfaction upon your return.
Happy Travels