“Wonderful”
Review of Nieuview

Nieuview
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Loved every minute. Awesome position in the sweetest little village. Friendly people, great restaurants. Beach was a little windy - but we did expect that, and it didnt dampen the outdoor feel. Cant wait to go back.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
NaomiPaternoster, Owner at Nieuview, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

Thanks for staying in Nieuview. We would be very glad to accommodate you again. You should also try the winter months - no wind, except when there is a cold front. Enjoy your day!

Reviewed August 20, 2012

We spent 2 nights. The Good, location is stunning, the accommodation is very upmarket and the beds very comfortable. The Bad, for an upmarket venue I would not have expected to find chipped cups and window blinds broken and unable to close - this is supposed to be a 5 star place after all.
The Ugly, Paternoster is plagued with petty crime so the security measures forced upon you at Nieuview are onerous. Every time you want to leave the place you have to go outside and close these huge sliding shutters on the windows and doors, even at night when going to bed, also have to activate motion detector beams outside at night. All this does not bode well for a good nights sleep.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
NaomiPaternoster, Owner at Nieuview, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2012

Dear Guests,
Thanks you very much for the review. It is important for management to know what visitors experience in our property. We are very glad that you had a great time in Nieuview. Comfort, views and a good nights rest is very important.
We are so sorry about the chipped cups and broken blinds. Be assured that you will not find chipped cups again in Nieuview. It take some time to replace blinds, because we have to order it and we didn't want to take the old blinds off before there is replacement.
The owners and management of Nieuview try our best to ensure a safe stay for our guest. It was therefore important for us to secure Nieuview as best as possible. We are however glad that because of these security measures, our guests can relax and have a good nights rest. Nieuview is actively involved in the development of the community.

Reviewed July 6, 2012

I just never slept so well in my entire life! I have yet to decide why I feel so well rested after my time at Nieuview, I think it is the combination of the fresh sea breeze and the comfy bed. I wish I knew where to buy linen like they have in Nieuview. I would definitely recommend Nieuview to other couples. Everything just works well. The kitchen is better equipped than my own and I loved the fireplace next to the HUGE television. My husband could enjoy the television while I was curled up with my fav book. :-)

Room Tip: Excellent destination for couples
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,
We are so glad that you had a wonderful and relaxing time in Nieuview. I am not sure how we can contact you to tell you where to buy the special Egyptian linen! Rhank you for staying with us and thank you for the review. Reviews like this motivates the staff to work harder to satisfy the needs of the guests.
We would love it to accommodate you again.

Reviewed July 3, 2012

Nieuview, Paternoster - this self-catering establishment is situated in one of the best spots of South Africa. Right next to the ocean, with stunning views. First-class accommodation, very comfortable. Perfect getaway!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

Dear Guest,
Thanks a lot for the review. We are very glad that you had an enjoyable time in Nieuview. It is good to hear that our guests had a relaxing time and good value for money. We are striving towards excellence. We work hard to ensure that each and every guest will have the same experience as you.
Please come and visit us again! We would love to accommodate you again at Nieuview.

Reviewed April 12, 2012

I cannot pass comment on the accomodation as I have not been there but to be honest am not sure I'd want to considering the experience I had during the booking process.
I called to arrange a booking directly with the lodge and was told that there was availability for our desired dates. After confirming with the lodge I was waiting for their invoice to pay the required 50% deposit, after a day of waiting there was no correspondence and I received an sms at 6pm stating that the original booking (I was not aware there was one) had now paid and there was no availability. I queried this by saying that surely if the original booking had been cancelled and the room made available and we had confirmation our booking should stand in place of the prior booking - another 3 hours passed and at 9pm I received an sms stating simply "no, it is not available". There was no real apology for the miscommunication or offer of assistance to suggest alternatives...

Very rude and very dissapointing!

Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Andreas K
Nieuview, Owner at Nieuview, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2012

We are so sorry that the booking couldn't go through. We can really understand your disappointment for not getting place in Nieuview. As we've explained to you, one of our partner sites got a booking and the payment came through. Due to being a weekend, there was no availability in any other beach front cottages.
We would really like you to come and stay in Nieuview. We offer you a 10% discount on accommodation in Nieuview during May, June and July. Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed March 14, 2012

Amazing location, amazing views, simply stunning interior finish. Seeing is believing. I absolutely loved this place. Stayed for two nights in January 2012 and as soon as we walked in I wish we had booked for a longer stay. It was so comfortable and well thought out. Large open plan lounge, dining room and kitchen with open hearth braai. Patio doors onto the sea front with chairs to sit out overlooking the ocean. There is a downstairs wet room and a small double bedroom on the ground floor. Upstairs to a bedroom which stretches the length of the cottage. A roll top bath, and modern wash basin in the bedroom, and a small toilet cubicle. Patio door with ballusrade leading directly out to views over the ocean. There are two lots of wardrobes and plenty of deep drawer space. Everything is top quality, from the cutlery and kitchen equipment to the towels, and beach towels and furniture. I almost didn't want to write a review of Nieuview as I'd love to keep it a secret it's so special. We just have to go back!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank itsgottabehot
NaomiPaternoster, Owner at Nieuview, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2012

Thanks a lot for your reviews! The staff strive towards excellece in service delivery! We are very happy that you had excellent experiences during your stay at Nieuview! It will be great to be of service to you again.

Reviewed March 12, 2012

Just spent the weekend in Paternoster in one of these amazing cottages. The decor, amenities and service was world class but it is the location of the cottages that is so outstanding. A magical experience spent with lovely family. We are from Canada but we will definitely be back as we left a little piece of ourselves here. thanks so much

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank Kumalogirl

Thanks a lot for your review! At Nieuview we are working towards excellence to ensure a marvellousvtime for our guests.! It will be great to be of service to you again.