“Good tasty food”

Add it.
Golden Phoenix
Ranked #20 of 31 Restaurants in Woodhall Spa
Reviewed August 5, 2017

I called my order over the phone and the food was ready for collection 30 mins later. It was hot and as good as any chinese I've ever had. Portion size was good and I really couldn't fault the meal. Pricing was about average so no complaints there either. I'd definitely order from here again.

Date of visit: August 2017

Reviewed July 8, 2017

We had a takeaway from here when we were staying locally on holiday. The quality of food was excellent, tasted nice and fresh. The customer service was good too. Will definitely revisit if we are ever in the area again.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed June 15, 2017 via mobile

Used this take-away on several occasions now and have never been disappointed. Food is really tasty and not too expensive. Service is good too.

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed May 13, 2017

Moved to the area (leaving a fantastic Chinese behind!) tried The Golden Pheonix with trepidation and thankfully it was great! Typical menu, something for all palettes, the food is really good.

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed May 27, 2016 via mobile

Beware, this takeaway changed ownership today!

We have enjoyed lovely food from this outlet for the last 15 + years. After a long delay at the County Hospital we placed our usual order for a quick treat after a stressful day.

When we arrived home the order was not only incomplete but looked and tasted awful.

We called the takeaway and agreed to return it as it was wrong on both counts. There was no offer of collection or replacement. My husband returned the incomplete order and asked to speak to the owner.

At first the counter assistant began checking the order back in and said it was not all there. Of course it wasn't because that was half of the problem.

Eventually the owner came through and continued to check if all the food was being returned, which as I have said,it wasn't because up the order was wrong in the first place.

We advised them that the food was not of the same quality we had enjoyed there for the last 15 years. She advised my husband that they had taken over today and that he had been informed when the order was placed. We were not advised and the assistant confirmed that she hadn't done so and had only advised us that the sauce was different now.

My husband asked for the owners name and it was refused. She also initially refused a full refund and sadly had to be asked several times before the refund was reluctantly given.

We always try to promote our local business' but feel that service as bad as this must also be recognised.

Date of visit: May 2016