All reviews sunday carvery beer garden peas golf trip children's play area lovely meal golf club huge bathroom lovely hotel lamb buffet style cooked to perfection an evening meal bar area well worth a visit brasserie lancaster
Selected filters
Reviewed May 7, 2019

A reasonable size Hotel. Large spacious room, very clean and a very comfortable bed.
The Hotel has a lift which is very useful if you have any mobility problems.The staff were very pleasant and extremely helpful. There was a good selection of food at reasonable prices. You choose how much you wish to pay, there was plenty to choose from. The meal portions are more than adequate. The breakfast is a must, lots to choose from and you can have as much or little as you like.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
TheINNManagement, Manager at The INN at Woodhall Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2019

Dear TripAdvisor user,

We are very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you also for your kind comments about our staff. We look forward to you staying again soon.

Kind regards.

The INN Management team.

Reviewed May 6, 2019 via mobile

Seems a pointless task writing a review when you know nothing will ever come of it but sometimes it helps to vent so here goes... I had just finished watching the Endgame and fancied a bite to eat in what looked like a lovely establishment. I walked in, ordered a drink at the bar and the "nice" lady asks me to sit down and tells me someone will be over to take my order straight away. The same "nice" lady said that there was a little delay in food, which is fine there was a birthday party in (they had eaten their mains at this point, having desserts and there was only one other table of four in the whole restaurant other than lads drinking and not eating but I was understanding and took my seat). A lovely lad then took my order within two minutes, took it to the bar and everything is good. I was on my own at this point in a room to the left of the bar with nobody to be seen. A family of 6 comes in ten minutes later, have their order taken a further ten minutes after and again get told there is a wait on food. Twenty minutes later their food starts being served at the table and my burger, bare in mind I'm on my own (and how long does a burger and chips take to cook by the way), still nowhere to be seen! The waiter comes over to me (after serving all their food, bringing them ketchup and giving them free drinks as an apology for not having some of their original food items on the menu), asking if I'd like another drink before my burger is served (literally translated to "we haven't started your burger yet, did you want to spend more money on another drink while you wait?"). My patience at this point fairly tested, so I said no thank you "I'd like to leave", so I go to the bar to speak to the same "nice" lady from before asking why the family who turned up ten minutes after me got their food before me and where was my burger? The "nice" lady then said, that family was there before you sir, they had reserved a table, to which I replied "I sat there on my own for ten minutes, watched them come in from outside, order their food, get served their good and so what they had reserved, did they pre-order before arriving?", the "nice" lady said no and then again accused me of lying by saying they were here first though Sir (this despite her lying direct to my face)! I was fuming at this point, very hungry, but kept calm and said I didn't want the burger and was leaving. The "nice" lady then lied again to me saying, please stay Sir it'll only be another 5-10 minutes (which we all know is code for, we haven't cooked it yet!). Such a shame, why not tell the truth and say we haven't cooked it yet but it'll be ready in 5-10 minutes or please have a drink on the house while you wait? I get you're embarrassed but why lie?

Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank always2016

Dear TripAdvisor user,

Thank you for your feedback. We are saddened to hear that you did not enjoy your experience at The INN. We would have liked to have spoken to you personally about your time here as opposed to responding on TripAdvisor. If you would like to arrange a meeting with a member of the management team please contact us on 01526 353231.

Regards,

The INN management team.

Reviewed May 5, 2019 via mobile

Absolutely fantastic service nothing was to much trouble for Sam the young man working on the bar excellent customer service skills. I will highly recommend this place for service but also the food was faultless

Trip type: Traveled with family
TheINNManagement, Manager at The INN at Woodhall Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2019

Dear TripAdvisor user,

We thank you for your kind review following your visit to The INN. We will pass your comments onto Sam and to our kitchen team in regards to your experience of food and service.

We hope to see you again soon.

Kind Regards

The INN Management team.

Reviewed April 21, 2019 via mobile

Stayed here for a family party.
Easy check in and helpful staff from the off.
What impressed me was how busy it was yet the place was well staffed and well organised which meant very little waiting for drinks and food.
Well done for getting this right.
The staff were mostly young and they were very focused and polite.
Food was great.
Hotel was immaculate.
Rooms were modern and spotlessly clean.
Cant wait to return.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
TheINNManagement, Manager at The INN at Woodhall Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2019

Dear TripAdvisor user,

Thank you for your positive review. We had a great time serving your party and we are pleased to hear that you enjoyed it too. We will happily pass on your comments to our staff and we hope to see you again soon in the near future.

Kind Regards,

The INN management team

Reviewed April 19, 2019 via mobile

Great building, and certainly worth reading up on the wartime history of the place and the antics of the airmen that stayed there. A great job on the renovations and a very pleasant room. I had a bath / shower which was just what I need after some long days walking. Slept very well, and it was quiet. The staff were pleasant and the breakfast was excellent. Overall a very enjoyable stay and would return anytime.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear TripAdvisor user,

Thank you very much for your review. We are pleased to hear that your stay was enjoyable and you were pleased with the food and service. We hope that you will stay again with us soon.

Kind Regards,