1,453 results
All reviews squadron bar officers mess afternoon tea steeped in history terrace bar dam busters historic hotel drawing room second world war bouncing bomb lovely grounds bomber command scones this lovely hotel extensive grounds four poster bed beautiful building
Selected filters
Reviewed January 6, 2019

The Petwood Hotel has always been a special place in our hearts. We married there in 2008. I often visit and meet friends, acquaintances or on my own. One day last summer my 8 yo asked if one day we could stay at the hotel. I bought this New Year stay as a Christmas gift for the family. I grew up in hotels and The Petwood is the closest memory I have of our hotel in Devon, The Moorland Hotel where I spent my childhood. My son absolutely loved his stay - he is was naturally comfortable. He enjoyed his WW11 history lesson from the lovely receptionist and would explore the corridors and the paintings/pictures like I would as a child. Heavenly visit.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Lisa_Petwood_Hotel, Marketing Executive at Petwood Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2019

Good afternoon Spalands. Thank you for the review which we absolutely loved here at the hotel. It was lovely to read how evocative the hotel was for you, we get the same 'family' feeling working here too! We look forward to welcoming you and your family back again in the future. I would love to send something to you for your son to continue his WWII history lesson. If you'd like to email me at lisa@petwood.co.uk with your details I will pop it in the post to you.

Reviewed January 4, 2019

Very comfortable and quiet hotel. I particularly enjoyed the 617 Squadron memorabilia. Also gardens very beautiful. I must return in the summer to appreciate them at their best. Service and food in restaurant absolutely brilliant!

• Trip type: Traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

God afternoon Stay523812 and thanks for the great review. You are right, our award winning gardens really do look wonderful in the summer and we look forward to seeing you again so you can see them in full bloom!

Reviewed January 3, 2019

I had a three night break here with my sister who has poor mobility and thoroughly enjoyed the stay. The hotel and grounds are beautiful and easy to move around in. The food in the restaurant was excellent. The hotel is very close to Woodhall Spa and the Cinema in the Woods, both within easy walking distance for most people.

Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Hi Diane. Thanks for taking the time to leave a review, we really do appreciate it! I am glad you had such a lovely time and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed January 2, 2019

rooms at rear overlook the gardens,the hotel is historic as officers mess for the famous 617 sqdn "the dambusters" you can almost feel them there singing around the piano in what was their bar.beautiful in the summer also.

Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Good afternoon Mick and thanks for the lovely review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed January 2, 2019

Excellent stay as always second time have been for the new year celebration all staff were exceptional and happy to help great atmosphere the gardens are well worth a walk round have been during the forties weekend during the summer and the atmosphere with the Petwood history is not to be missed

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

God afternoon stephenV1419JW and thank you for the kind review. I'm glad you enjoyed your time with us and that you enjoyed our award winning gardens. We've recently renovated them to Harold Peto's original design and we are very proud of them! We hope you get the chance to come back and see them in the summer when they are even more beautiful.