Petwood Hotel
$104
$101
Travelocity
Great 4.5/5
Dower House Hotel(Woodhall Spa)
$123
Travelodge
$71
PremierInn.com
Great 4.5/5
The Golf Hotel(Woodhall Spa)
No availability for your dates from our partners
Good 3.5/5
Good 3.5/5
  • Pool
Hotels.com
1,066 results
All reviewssquadron barafternoon teaofficers messsteeped in historydam bustersterrace bardrawing roomhistoric hotelsecond world warlovely groundsbouncing bombexecutive roomsconesbomber commandthis lovely hotelstep back in timecream tea
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Been to Petwood Hotel quite a few times for meals and stayed in the hotel over night which was really lovely.
We took some of our family for a meal on Saturday May 4th 2013 booked the table for 6 people for 7pm. When we got there table wasn't even set or ready for us, we ordered our food it came before the table was set I ended fetching our conditments.The steak was ok but everything else that came with it was tasteless the chips were rock hard I think they had been reheated. No staff insight to complain to no one came and asked if everything was ok - sorry to say we won;t be eating there again - Disapponted this time. :(

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank debrabrough
Petwood, Manager at Petwood Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

I was extremely disappointed to read your review and offer my apologies for a less than satisfactory dining experience in our bar. If I may, I will contact you privately to discuss in more detail and understand what led to a lapse in our usually high customer service standards.

Thank you for bringing the issue to my attention and I apologise once again that we were not able to resolve it on the night. I look forward to speaking with you.

Best wishes

Reviewed May 4, 2013

For my 31st birthday I thought I would take my parents back to the petwood for afternoon tea. Unfortunately we did not get it.

I was aware when booking that there was a wedding arriving at 3pm so booked my table for 2:30pm and I was told by staff that the wedding will be separate from the bar so we would not have to queue or have crowds of loud people cramping our stay.

We arrived and noticed that the wedding was already arriving. My parents are disabled and the hotel thought it was appropriate to block all the disabled bays for the wedding cars. My mother who has copd was left breathless and in pain after having to walk further and my farther who has bad hips due to a replacement going wrong left in m ore than necessary pain.

We got in and went to the bar and at this point it was empty. I told the waitress that we had arrived and she told us to take a seat. I assumed someone was coming to take our order. On occasions we have had to order at the bar and on other occasions staff have come to our table so we assumed a waitress would come to us.

We waited for about 5 minutes and then the wedding party started to come into the bar. I was able to flag one waitress down and asked if we could place an order after waiting. I was told that she could not take the order and we had to join the queue of what seemed 50+ people.

There is no way we could do that as there was simply no order within the wedding party.

In the end as the service from staff was appalling, I guess she didn't learn how to write on a piece of paper at school, we decided to leave and go elsewhere.

The Petwood has now lost a regular client due to a lack of organising. We got to the hotel early in case of any possible queues despite being told that the party had its own room.

I have now been put off from visiting the petwood and will not be booking any functions in the near future.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank Stev35555
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Stayed here for the annual 619 Squadron re-union. It is a lovely hotel with lots of old world character, it makes a lot of its associatted history with the RAF crew who were stationed there during the WWII and has a small bar which remembers the "exploits " of 617 Squadron who are better known as the dambusters. It is set in it own very pleasant and well tended grounds a short walk from the centre of Woodhall spa. The breakfast is of the buffet vareity but fresh and hot, the evening meal I had there was also very good. The staff were very pleasant and helpful as well. Overall a lovely place to stay, particularly suited to conferences, weddings or indeed any sort of large gathering.

Room Tip: Try to get a room overlooking the grounds.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Woottos
Petwood, Owner at Petwood Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Thank you for your review. As always it was a pleasure to be the host venue of the 619 Squadron Reunion. Whilst many visitors know of the connection with 617 Squadron, what may not be as commonly known is that 97 and 619 Squadrons had the Petwood as their Officers' Mess first!

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed the weekend including the food and service and would recommend for a celebratory gathering.

Sending our best wishes to you and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

Had a one night stay which was very disappointing as expecting the inside to live up to the outside. Very dated room which needed refurbishment, rusty windows and nets soaking up rusty moisture And a stained carpet. The TV was attached to the wall with unsightly plastic cable covering. As I paid £95 for the one night was disappointed. Check out was just the bill handed over without a question asked about our stay.On the plus side the breakfast was great & the staff very helpful. I did e mail my disappointment to the hotel & they responded quickly with an apology saying a rolling refurbishment was being undertaken and they sent me a complimentary afternoon tea voucher.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sunnydaysLincoln
Petwood, Manager at Petwood Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

Thank you for your review following your recent stay. As discussed with you directly, your feedback instigated prompt attention from the maintenance and housekeeping departments and I am pleased to update you that the issues you raised directly with us have been resolved.

Once again I am sorry that your experience fell below your expectations and the experience of other TripAdvisor reviewers. The team and I look forward to welcoming you again to The Petwood for an enjoyable afternoon with tea in the gardens.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

we stayed here as it was in the right area and was actually reasonable value(£68)which was much cheaper than a previous visit,the building itself is like a 1930s rambling manor house and i expected to see kenneth more propping up the bar!which would fit perfectly as it was a wartime raf billet.coming back to the present the room was ok ,possibly a bit of updating needed,breakfast was quite good and it was nice to stroll around the large grounds,overall the hotel has a pleasant if slightly fading country house appeal,icant really complain for the price though and would use it again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Michael W

Thank you for your review and comments specifically about your enjoyment of the breakfast and gardens. I do hope that on your return you will see our progress with refurbishment and we look forward to hearing your feedback.

Thank you again for your review. Best wishes