Went as a party of four four Sunday Lunch on 15th September.
While the hotel looks elegant from a distance, as you drive closer, it became evident that the exterior timber work is in desperate need of renovation, That, coupled with an empty car park nearly put us off and we were considering cancelling our reservation! However, once inside, the public areas improve considerably and the furnishings are modern and tasteful, albeit again some areas are in great need of redecoration.
However, all the staff we encountered were welcoming and friendly. The service was efficient and the best part of all was that the food was of an excellent standard and delightfully presented. Prices are excellent value considering the quality of food served, and wines were very reasonable.
Sadly, we were the only diners so the restaurant was lacking a bit of atmosphere, but the food was good enough to convince me to dine here again. The hotel is clearly a "work in progress", and I look forward to seeing the end product in the future
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 52 Bedroom Hotel, Built in 1880 and set in seven acres of gardens, lawns and woodlands, the hotel is ideally situated for the Woodhall Spa Golf Club, village and surrounding tourist sights. The Golf Hotel is currently under new management and under going a full refurbishment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline and Cheap Tickets so you can book your The Golf Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Golf Hotel & Aqua Sante Woodhall Spa
- The Golf Hotel And Aqua Sante Spa
- Hotel Aqua Sante
- The Golf Hotel Woodhall Spa, Lincolnshire