“Know the cons...”

Anomabo Beach Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Anomabo
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Anomabo is always a gamble...
I've been going there for the past 8 years and It's a lovely place.
The beach is great, especially for bodyboarding The whole set-up of the rooms, the restaurant, and the general atmosphere keep you coming back.
However, one must bear in mind that most of the staff there are severely incompetent.
The breakfast is excellent....the rest of the food is very very average...and the service is very very VERY slow. I usually give the waiters my lunch order at 10:00, tip them, and tell them I want it ready by 1:00. Most of the times, I'll get it by 1:30 or 2:00. DARE to order when you sit down for lunch, and you're looking at a 3 hour wait EASY!!!
They always seem to mess up the bookings...even if you have paid before hand and had them confirm it by e-mail.
The fridges don't seem to cool so much. As a result, the drinks aren't very cold and the ice-cream is soup.
So why bother going? And why have I given it 4 stars?
Well......regardless of all the mess-ups that regularly make my blood pressure sky-rocket...I always end up having a good time...and find myself wanting to go back.

Room Tip: Go for the Beach-front Villas.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank JimboGhana

Reviewed January 5, 2013

For the price, this is a lovely hotel. The bungalows are clean and the showers run hot water at full force! AC, but no fans. However, the design of the bungalows made it that when I ran the AC when out for dinner, I could return and the room stayed cool all night without running the AC. You should know that there is sand everywhere - no paths for walking to the reception and the beach. The food was good, but the most expensive we had in Ghana. That being said, it was not expensive by Western standards. A taxi to the Cape Coast runs about 10 CDs, so it is convenient. The beach is good, but lots of waves and you have to wade out quite a way to get to deeper water. Up the beach from the hotel the beaches are dirty - but that is, sadly, not a surprise in Ghana.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 21, 2012

This was a beautiful beach resort west of Accra. We had a bungalow. The morning on the beach was fabulous--few people except for fishermen and a handful of other tourists. The people were great. The breakfast was good. DId not have dinner--too tired.

Room Tip: Hard to see the room number for the bungalow at night. A flashlight/penlight would help.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Molly7300
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Really Great Venue
Really great staff
Really Great facilities
When I approached a manager in the parking bout a vehicle which had parked a number of vehicles in, he was not prepared to try to help us. Point bank refused to help us. We had to go around and try find the owner ourselves. One of the porters eventually helped us remove another vehicle to get out.
I believe the Managements service is well known.
So disappointing.

Room Tip: Be open minded. beachfront rooms are great.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank DorianZZ
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Where is the management?. I have been going to Anomabo beach resort since 1999, and to my disappointment it's going backwards instead to moving forward. Yes new rooms, tv, empty bar fridge, tea/coffee making service. These are only in the executive rooms which I had recently booked. But they were executivly dirty! The room smelled of mould, when I asked the room service to change our bed cover as it stunk he told me but they don't have another one, I asked him so you never clean these sheets?, I pulled it off and I was horrified to see the mould all on the bed cover.not oy that the floor was dirty, it seems it gets a slight sweep but no mopping. Bathroom tiles felt groose and felt dirty, food as usual not good, the shore has been eatn up so not much a shore line, dirty plastic bags and bottle and rubbish floats bye. They seem to make more rooms but no one is maintains them. I complain every time but this time I didn't as I see that management can't see the dirtyness and of course no compensation. The only reason we used to go is simply cause they have the upper hand that no one has done a resort like it so far.
If your going don't expect too much!.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed July 15, 2012 via mobile

When we first arrived, we were surprised with how nice the standard rooms looked.Then we discovered that the A/C did not work and that they were unable to fix it during our 4 day stay. Also, when it rained a leaking roof woke me up by dripping water on my face.

Food is so-so, and service during weekends is very slow and not very attentive. Saturday night dinner took 2 hours to prepare and we had to wait 50 minutes to even place an order. All four of us were in a bad mood after that.

A lot of things are constantly out of stock, which I am used to on lower standard places, but did not expect here.

The beach is decent, no service at all there but quite a nice setting. The water was full of rubbish and you had to go really far out to swim.

All in all: it looks nice, could be very good but we weren't really happy.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank peterevjan
Reviewed May 26, 2012

Perfect place on the beach. Clean, comfortable individual places to stay, one level, AC if you want, a very nice shower, beautiful beach, great food at the restaurant. We are still talking about the grouper with garlic sauce, months later. Definitely the place to go to relax away from the city. Felt like I was in a movie. My daughter absolutely loved it. Inexpensive. Power went out for a while, but that is not unusual for the area. Not far from Kakum National Park and Elmira Castle.

Room Tip: There are oceanfront rooms with porches literally right on the beach. We chose an AC cabin, though...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank shnicholas
Also consider these accommodations in or near Anomabo
Coconut Grove Beach Resort
#2 of 4 in Elmina
Oasis Beach Resort
Oasis Beach Resort
#5 of 9 in Cape Coast

Been to Anomabo Beach Resort? Share your experiences!