“Bad Management”

Reviewed September 23, 2012

Really Great Venue
Really great staff
Really Great facilities
When I approached a manager in the parking bout a vehicle which had parked a number of vehicles in, he was not prepared to try to help us. Point bank refused to help us. We had to go around and try find the owner ourselves. One of the porters eventually helped us remove another vehicle to get out.
I believe the Managements service is well known.
So disappointing.

Room Tip: Be open minded. beachfront rooms are great.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank DorianZZ
There are newer reviews for Anomabo Beach Resort

Reviewed September 13, 2012

Where is the management?. I have been going to Anomabo beach resort since 1999, and to my disappointment it's going backwards instead to moving forward. Yes new rooms, tv, empty bar fridge, tea/coffee making service. These are only in the executive rooms which I had recently booked. But they were executivly dirty! The room smelled of mould, when I asked the room service to change our bed cover as it stunk he told me but they don't have another one, I asked him so you never clean these sheets?, I pulled it off and I was horrified to see the mould all on the bed cover.not oy that the floor was dirty, it seems it gets a slight sweep but no mopping. Bathroom tiles felt groose and felt dirty, food as usual not good, the shore has been eatn up so not much a shore line, dirty plastic bags and bottle and rubbish floats bye. They seem to make more rooms but no one is maintains them. I complain every time but this time I didn't as I see that management can't see the dirtyness and of course no compensation. The only reason we used to go is simply cause they have the upper hand that no one has done a resort like it so far.
If your going don't expect too much!.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed July 15, 2012 via mobile

When we first arrived, we were surprised with how nice the standard rooms looked.Then we discovered that the A/C did not work and that they were unable to fix it during our 4 day stay. Also, when it rained a leaking roof woke me up by dripping water on my face.

Food is so-so, and service during weekends is very slow and not very attentive. Saturday night dinner took 2 hours to prepare and we had to wait 50 minutes to even place an order. All four of us were in a bad mood after that.

A lot of things are constantly out of stock, which I am used to on lower standard places, but did not expect here.

The beach is decent, no service at all there but quite a nice setting. The water was full of rubbish and you had to go really far out to swim.

All in all: it looks nice, could be very good but we weren't really happy.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank peterevjan
Reviewed May 26, 2012

Perfect place on the beach. Clean, comfortable individual places to stay, one level, AC if you want, a very nice shower, beautiful beach, great food at the restaurant. We are still talking about the grouper with garlic sauce, months later. Definitely the place to go to relax away from the city. Felt like I was in a movie. My daughter absolutely loved it. Inexpensive. Power went out for a while, but that is not unusual for the area. Not far from Kakum National Park and Elmira Castle.

Room Tip: There are oceanfront rooms with porches literally right on the beach. We chose an AC cabin, though...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank shnicholas
Reviewed April 21, 2012

Anomabo was a great place to relax. Beautiful beach, spacious cabins and comfortable beds.

Positives: The beach is a big plus. Absolutely stunning. Restaurant is right on the beach. Food is decent, but if you are in the area without a car, you are stuck eating at the restaurant for all meals (unless you take a taxi, which is a reliable mode of transport).

Negatives:
No WiFi
The Executive Hut advertised DSTV, but there were really only 4 channels that worked
The rooms have fridges, but the resort advertises 'no outside food' which folks wind up smuggling in anyway.
The restaurant often did not have everything on the menu and breakfast was rather skimpy. It would also be helpful to have phones in rooms connecting you to front desk and restaurant.

Suggestion: Stock up on water, favourite drinks, etc before you arrive -- it can get costly purchasing these from the restaurant.

Otherwise, a great place to stay if you just want to chill out on the beach.

Room Tip: Choose a beach hut right on the beach. Some have air con and some do not (from what the website read...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank sjmegy
Reviewed April 13, 2012

We loved our stay here as the chalet style rooms were unusual and afforded privacy in a charming setting. The coast is fantastic and the crashing waves are romantic and picturesque. It's relaxing to sit in the restaurant at the waters edge drinking freshly squeezed pineapple juice listening to the sea.

It's a bit difficult dragging the cases through the sand around the huts but this is a minor difficulty and outweighed by the pleasant surroundings. The rooms are large, clean and have good AC facilities. All in all a relaxing resort and we loved our stay.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank PoupouneLeighonSea
Reviewed March 31, 2012

Rates are reasonable, rooms are clean, beach is usually clean, and breakfast gets you going. I have taken six mission teams to this place over the past ten years for a couple days of rest before going home while visiting Elmina and Kakum National Park. The last place to shop before going to Accra is the gift shops at Cape Coast Castles.
Supper is good here too.

Room Tip: Room prices and amenities vary so you can choose what suits your budget. We stay in the Executive b...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Anomabo
Coconut Grove Beach Resort
#2 of 4 in Elmina
Oasis Beach Resort
Oasis Beach Resort
#3 of 9 in Cape Coast

Been to Anomabo Beach Resort? Share your experiences!